• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You made me think of this.

Plot twist: the entire game took place in Poland the whole time!

If I manage to beat Legend of Legacy before you tha- oh who am I kidding, that's not gonna happen...

I posted a quick LOVE it in another thread. Maybe I'll copy and paste it here.

Done

Love it.

It has monster and item fusing.

It has monster evolving.

Battles are 3v3 and you can switch your 3 bench people in with an easy button press.

Love how active I am during battle doing things on the touch pad.

Really enjoy that it always tells you what the main task is and has arrows to it.

I've played and enjoyed all the Pokemon games. But for the past 10 years I beat them and am done. I don't EV train. I don't grow berries. I don't catch them all. I barely touch post game. I don't get into or know much of the meta game.

So, for me. If Yo-Kai Watch 2 came out or a brand new Pokemon or Pokemon remake, I'd play Yo-Kai Watch 2 first. Mainly because I'm most definitely a Pokemon light player.

Edited by Plattym3

Glad you're liking it, Platty. Sounds like you share my thoughts on the game too.

• Upvote 1

Glad you're liking it, Platty. Sounds like you share my thoughts on the game too.

If you fall in love with Fantasy Life as much as I did, people are going to start calling us twinsies.
  • Upvote 1

If you fall in love with Fantasy Life as much as I did, people are going to start calling us twinsies.
I thought we already were?

I thought we already were?
Between Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odysseys and the 3 games you have going right now, you're right.

Oh, and I guess DQ too.

• Upvote 1

I spent a good half-hour scanning in QR codes the other day and got a boatload of coins to spend on the machine from the beginning of the game.  You can only do that 3 times daily, so I'm set for a week or two.  Plunking down coins has gotten me some cool things.  Got an S ranked monster and a 20,000 experience boost item to use on her, bringing her right up to level 26 like the rest of my party.  Doing tons of quests right now just to kill time.

I spent a good half-hour scanning in QR codes the other day and got a boatload of coins to spend on the machine from the beginning of the game. You can only do that 3 times daily, so I'm set for a week or two. Plunking down coins has gotten me some cool things. Got an S ranked monster and a 20,000 experience boost item to use on her, bringing her right up to level 26 like the rest of my party. Doing tons of quests right now just to kill time.

Where did you find your QR codes, Platty? Just on GameFAQs or so?

I thought that read "Twinkie" for a second.

I spent a good half-hour scanning in QR codes the other day and got a boatload of coins to spend on the machine from the beginning of the game. You can only do that 3 times daily, so I'm set for a week or two. Plunking down coins has gotten me some cool things. Got an S ranked monster and a 20,000 experience boost item to use on her, bringing her right up to level 26 like the rest of my party. Doing tons of quests right now just to kill time.

Yeah, or Google. I googled them, think it took me to GameFAQs which linked to an image hosting. It was only a couple clicks. Got 18 I think. 3 sheets of 6. I was bored after that many scans. Haha. Also I scanned in 10 faces (facebook pictures haha) and got some rewards at the post office. Nothing big.

Yeah, or Google. I googled them, think it took me to GameFAQs which linked to an image hosting. It was only a couple clicks. Got 18 I think. 3 sheets of 6. I was bored after that many scans. Haha. Also I scanned in 10 faces (facebook pictures haha) and got some rewards at the post office. Nothing big.

Alright, I'll see what I can find. Best reward I've gotten from the coin machine so far was a B or C rank (and a rare one to boot) Yo-Kai, so that was a nice surprise.

Yeah, I've mainly gotten B and C. I wonder how much the coin color affects it. I had like 8 pink and 2-3 of the others. Being a little neurotic, I've been cashing in only pinks to even it out.

Yep. Here's the link for colors. Never thought to save and reset.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/687859-yo-kai-watch/72783030

I got Damona.

Alright, I'll see what I can find. Best reward I've gotten from the coin machine so far was a B or C rank (and a rare one to boot) Yo-Kai, so that was a nice surprise.
This is what I used.

http://yokaiusaqr.tumblr.com/post/134973098833/found-more-qr-codes-via-instagram

Edited by Plattym3

Awesome, thanks.

It's been a while, but I wanna say the coin I used was a blue or purple one that landed me my rare Yo-Kai. It could very well be that the color of the coin affects the reward, though I'm guessing the color has a stronger effect on which family you get.

Was the Yo-Kai you got in the Charming family by chance? I know their color is pink.

Awesome, thanks.

It's been a while, but I wanna say the coin I used was a blue or purple one that landed me my rare Yo-Kai. It could very well be that the color of the coin affects the reward, though I'm guessing the color has a stronger effect on which family you get.

Was the Yo-Kai you got in the Charming family by chance? I know their color is pink.

I just updated my previous post to link to information about the coin colors. You're correct.

Want QR? Motherload.

https://m.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3ryzna/updating_list_of_qr_codes/

Got myself a Snartle on my team. It took a few times but seems pretty worth it.

And of course when I decide to test out my team I get a second one on my first try...

I've had to happen to me a few times too. That's when I pull a Homer Simpson and go, "D'oh!"

I learned a while back that Snartle gets stronger each time you advance your Watch Rank. At first I thought I was screwed, being in the post game with the S rank Watch, but I learned recently that you can find him rarely in vacant rooms of the apartments in a weaker state. Woot!

Also, really happy to hear you're enjoying the game, Platty!

Edited by gooieooie

Yes, really enjoying it. About to sit down for a couple hour session. I'm in the museum at rank B right now. Gotta do my daily routine of plunking down 3 coins and resetting if it's no good. Then, back to a Night at the Museum.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, beat the game and got my watch up to rank S. Been getting items to evolve some good S ranked monsters.

5ab6de4730719f754cf6ba9a2af86470.jpg

Looky here!

Will sink some time into post game now as I watch TV. Gonna switch to Dark Cloud mainly on my PS4 for now though.

That's one fine lookin' Yo-Kai.

• Upvote 1

That's one fine lookin' Yo-Kai.

I immediately gave it the 20,000 experience items I had.

Sounds like a plan. Because as we all know, you always give the best stuff to your strongest member in any good RPG.

• Upvote 1

Ok, beat the game and got my watch up to rank S. Been getting items to evolve some good S ranked monsters.

5ab6de4730719f754cf6ba9a2af86470.jpg

Looky here!

Will sink some time into post game now as I watch TV. Gonna switch to Dark Cloud mainly on my PS4 for now though.

Cool. I've been mildly curious about this game, but haven't really decided to give it a try yet(I'm also going to be seeing about preordering other games soon and getting a better computer for one or two games I want to get).

I did look up the English names for the available ones I like the designs of, seems that they went a similar route to Pokemon in some ways(i.e. unusual spellings of certain words and puns for the ones they did change).

Edited by Stepchan
  • 3 months later...

Brace yourselves, Yo-Kai Watch 2 incoming for an American release this September!

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/