Man, that was some sad (spoilers)

redneckpride4ever

I just beat the story (did all quest chains before proceeding to boot), so Shadroth was not a challenge. I was over leveled to take him on. I'm glad I was too- its been a long time since I wanted to pound on a boss as much as I did this punk.

I gotta admit, although I figured Healix had the Circle of Light the entire time, that flashback scene with his father was...

Oh man, that was a legit tear jerker. I haven't stuck my middle finger at an on screen boss and angrily stomped a mud hole in his ass since the entire post-Aeris Jenova fight in FF7. That was 15 years ago. 

Following that was a tearful farewell. Yangus and Healix crying... nothing comical about it. And then they finish it off with My Road, My Journey of all tunes for the credits. As soon as that kicked in, I thought to myself "Damn, they really did lay this on thick."

Maybe I'm getting soft with age.

Edited by redneckpride4ever
  • Upvote 2

Redneck - I feel the same about getting softer with age!

When Lamia/Ramia arrived during the celebration festivities and everyone looked up, paused, and realized it was time to bid farewell, my eyes welled up and then I just sat there watching and reflecting how beautifully put together this game is.

I can't wait to play it over and over (as I do with all my DW/DQ) games and am excited for a sequel.

• Upvote 2

Your first post to reply to me? Much obliged!

In truth, I think the whole scene with Healix's dad kinda made me think of the time growing up with my own father. He's 84 now, and I wanna cram in as much time as I can.

• Upvote 1

I just finished the game an hour ago, and also figured it was healix with the circle of light the whole time, at least a few clues were dropped during the story: the fact that healix wasn't affected as a monster, the goddess saying that the circle of light was in the shrine of scales (which is where healix was later located), his insistence with the elves that it really was a real treasure... any more that I'm missing?

The scene during the final battle though definitely did me in pretty good, was very well put together.