Sign in to follow this  
Oldragon

Nintendo direct is coming, the last time for DQ VII ?

I thought he was "God" in the PSX version.

I'm sure he'll be "God" in the 3DS remake. Hell, it's all about "God vs the Demon Lord"!

... it should totally be "God vs Sata... WTF JOHNNY GAT"

Just take him to the guy at Dharm- oh wait...

Numen is real

Tweeted this one, that made me laugh when I read it.

attachicon.gifnumen_is_real.PNG

Curious if he will get renamed

He was renamed for DQMJ2 from God, so it'll probably be Numen again.

It's apparent that he's the god that the churches pray to so I don't think they can avoid having the churches refer to him as god at least even if they name him something else.

Unless they're all like "praise be to Numen" or something

Edited by The n00b Avenger

Nice!

Oh my God, awesome ! ! ! ! ! ! !  It finally really did happen.

Some screen captures, directly from the Direct:

VCAJRuY.jpg

dYNcHNe.jpg

gsF6WiL.jpg

of3E8aL.jpg

x4uCzP7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ok, ok, now that some of the elation has died down, I've read a few more details.  Apparently, Nintendo is publishing both of them?  Seriously, what is the deal with SE not publishing any 3ds games in the West?  I guess I'm splitting hairs, though.  And DQHeroes is coming for Steam??  As I've mentioned many times before, that will be a day one buy for me!  Lots of good news, today.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll get Joker 3 and both versions of 11, next.  If, by some miracle, 11 gets a Steam version, I'll never have to buy a PS4.  haha

Edited by Griever

Ok, ok, now that some of the elation has died down, I've read a few more details.  Apparently, Nintendo is publishing both of them?  Seriously, what is the deal with SE not publishing any 3ds games in the West?  I guess I'm splitting hairs, though.  And DQHeroes is coming for Steam??  As I've mentioned many times before, that will be a day one buy for me!  Lots of good news, today.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll get Joker 3 and both versions of 11, next.

Further question, does this mean we'll lose the Sword 'T' on the cover? It happened with DQIX, after all  :P

Edited by Bururian

And DQHeroes is coming for Steam?? 

Yup! It's coming.

I'm pretty sure we'll get XI but Joker 3 will absolutely depend on the sales of VII and VIII.

Ok, ok, now that some of the elation has died down, I've read a few more details. Apparently, Nintendo is publishing both of them? Seriously, what is the deal with SE not publishing any 3ds games in the West? I guess I'm splitting hairs, though. And DQHeroes is coming for Steam?? As I've mentioned many times before, that will be a day one buy for me! Lots of good news, today. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get Joker 3 and both versions of 11, next. If, by some miracle, 11 gets a Steam version, I'll never have to buy a PS4. haha

It's still a partnership between Nintendo and SE, like DQIX and BD.

Hell, even SE commented on it on the FB page and used the hashtag.

Also, I don't really trust SE or KT for a good PC port, plus I'll always prefer physical.

Edited by Tiael

MERVYN? RUFF?

I swear, before I even play the game once, I'm hacking those names to be Melvin and Gabo. I've already done it for the Japanese version.

Isn't there a renaming NPC in Dharma in the remake?  Sorry, Alltrade

s.

Mervyn, LOL.  I get the old neighbor with a cane that yells at kids vibe from that one.

Yes, but you can't rename characters that way until you get to present Dharma. However, unless they encrypt the text or something for the English version, I can edit the party_menu.txt file in the ROM to set default character names however I like. That will only work if I dump the ROM and make the change before starting my save file though - the defaults are saved to your file when you start a new game.

Regardless, I've done some thinking and I've decided these two names are accurate enough that they probably won't bother me enough to change them before starting. They're not my favorites, but they're respectable from a translation viewpoint.

I wonder who's doing the translation this time around. :P

Small nit pick, but that font looks horrible.

I noticed that, too.

I noticed that, too.

I did as well.

I also noticed they moved the names of speakers out of the textbox and into a separate box above it. This didn't happen in the Japanese version - speaker names were in the main textbox, like in most DQ games.

I noticed that, too.

I did as well.

I also noticed they moved the names of speakers out of the textbox and into a separate box above it. This didn't happen in the Japanese version - speaker names were in the main textbox, like in most DQ games.

I wonder why they chose to do this?

I noticed that, too.

I did as well.

I wonder why they chose to do this?

More space to work with. That's extra characters that you can dedicate to the message window itself.

Japanese names also tend to have far fewer characters, so Japanese games can get away with having names directly in the message window.

Edited by Mettool

Also: "Ruff! Isn't that the way your mother likes it Orgodemir?"

Fixed that for you!

Also: "Ruff! Isn't that the way your mother likes it Orgodemir?"

Fixed that for you!

Oh myyyyyyy.....

Here are the official press screen shots. No shots of dialogue. Actually, some of them may be exactly the same as the initial shots from way back when.

Further question, does this mean we'll lose the Sword 'T' on the cover? It happened with DQIX, after all  :P

Yes, it's already gone in the logos. According to Horii, someone on the US side of things nixed it because they thought it was "childish."

Here are the official press screen shots. No shots of dialogue. Actually, some of them may be exactly the same as the initial shots from way back when.

Further question, does this mean we'll lose the Sword 'T' on the cover? It happened with DQIX, after all :P

Yes, it's already gone in the logos. According to Horii, someone on the US side of things nixed it because they thought it was "childish."

Really? That's why the Sword T is gone?

Well that's just silly.

Further question, does this mean we'll lose the Sword 'T' on the cover? It happened with DQIX, after all :P

Well that's just silly.

Quite silly.

Well that's just silly.

Quite silly.

Well it's in the Nintendo Direct logo they showed. We shall see.