Sign in to follow this  
enix

Gold Digger's map + Happy map

Has anyone redeemed theirs yet and gotten to these maps? 

I'm reluctant to redeem my Collector's Edition codes because I'm not sure I care enough about the weapons and the maps.  I was curious what all is in the maps but I can't find any details anywhere.  I'm relatively far into the game already so I don't know if it's pointless at this point to redeem them either.

Just use them, unless you want to give/sell them away.

If you don't use them (in any way), they will simply be wasted. :(

Has anyone redeemed theirs yet and gotten to these maps? 

I'm reluctant to redeem my Collector's Edition codes because I'm not sure I care enough about the weapons and the maps.  I was curious what all is in the maps but I can't find any details anywhere.  I'm relatively far into the game already so I don't know if it's pointless at this point to redeem them either.

One of for the "Fields of Goold" Which is full of slimes that give you money. The other is a map that gives you a ton of ingredients as you clear it. If I'm thinking of the right one, mine had several metal slimes in it, so I was able to boost for a while by clearing that map over and over. The Slime weapons are fun to look at, but virtually worthless. 

Ditto on what Bururian, by the time I remembered to redeem them, the weapons were too weak to mess with.

The slime weapons are pretty much useless the second you get them. They have the added benefit of have Healix heal you more often, but you can equip Slime Earrings to get the same effect.

The slime weapons are pretty much useless the second you get them. They have the added benefit of have Healix heal you more often, but you can equip Slime Earrings to get the same effect.

I used the slime sword with Luceus, but by the time I got to Stone Cloud, it was useless. Then by the time I started getting characters, they start out with weapons better than the slime weapons. I really don't see the point in including these weapons other than the slime puns and the like. 

Yeah, the slime gear isn't really worth it. By the time you get Terry, they're way outclassed by pretty much everything. They're good to give you an extra little boost in the beginning, but that's really it. Kinda like the character outfits in DQ9 I suppose.

Yeah, I was considering selling it and re-buying the normal edition later.  I've basically stopped collecting DQ stuff since selling off my big ass collection last year, but I wanted this edition for the DLC.  Guess I'll just sell it off then if the DLC isn't a big enough impact.  I don't need all the extra physical stuff.