Sign in to follow this  
AzyxA

Could someone please translate the newest config menu?

I was wondering if someone would please post images of the configuration menu translated for me. Despite having the Japanese language pack, my configuration menu is being displayed with all question marks for text:

DQX_Config_Menu.jpg

In particular, I was looking for where the X-Axis Inversion option was located?  The fact that the X axis is inverted by default is completely throwing me off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AzyxA

First, you want to change your OS date/time settings to Japan. That will make the config tool show up in Japanese. Do that and I can translate it for you.

I appreciate the effort but I didn't want to have to switch my OS to Japanese.  I figured someone would already have it running in Japanese or at least have the translation?

AzyxA

It's just your date/time settings in the clock for your OS... not changing anything in the language at all.

I appreciate the effort but I didn't want to have to switch my OS to Japanese.  I figured someone would already have it running in Japanese or at least have the translation?

AzyxA

As Bunk has mentioned, you just have to set the time on your system clock to JST.

Don't ask me why that makes a difference, it just does.

When I get home this week, I can take some screenshots. I'd like to get the newest one translated too.

Thanks for the Time/Date trick, it worked!

@Malitias I don't know yet.

@Ashes That is to one of the older config menus I think?

Here are some screenshots I was able to take:

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.13.36.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.13.55.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.13.59.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.14.09.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.14.48.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.15.05.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.15.19.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.15.28.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.15.33.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.15.38.png.j

Screenshot%202015-10-22%2018.15.44.png.j

So.. is there a way to invert the camera, or not?

Through the in-game options, yes.

Second option in System (システム).  Has Kanji at the end of it as well, but I'm a lost cause when it comes to that.

When I get home this week, I can take some screenshots. I'd like to get the newest one translated too.

Erdrick, if you could translate all of this, that would be amazing.

So.. is there a way to invert the camera, or not?

Through the in-game options, yes.

Second option in System (システム).  Has Kanji at the end of it as well, but I'm a lost cause when it comes to that.

Wait, where?  is there anyway you can take a screen capture and mark it?

Found it now.

It's the big button on the right side. There the 2nd layer. There's a cluster with 3 buttons and the middle one カメラ-whatever is the one.

You have to clibrate the axis with your controller. Press the stick in a direction and accept with A button. You have to do that twice, once for Y-axis and once for X-axis.
Not that obvious when you can't read what the text in saying..

Edit: You have to push the stick in the opposite direction of what the screen suggests if you want to have "normal" camera settings.

Edited by Malitias

Which big button on the right side? 

Found it now.

It's the big button on the right side. There the 2nd layer. There's a cluster with 3 buttons and the middle one カメラ-whatever is the one.

You have to clibrate the axis with your controller. Press the stick in a direction and accept with A button. You have to do that twice, once for Y-axis and once for X-axis.

Edit: You have to push the stick in the opposite direction of what the screen suggests if you want to have "normal" camera settings.

Hrm, my analogs aren't registering in the config menu, only the d-pad.  Which option do you select for controller under Wireless Controller if you have a PS4 controller?

Found it now.

I always use DS4Tool with my PS4 controller so games see it as an XBox controller and are easy to configure.

Works with DQX, only reason I don't still do this right now is my Bluetooth adapter literally crumbled and I haven't replaced it yet.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

So, before I go through and put the work into translating the whole thing, I'd like to know if my method works for you guys (because despite my attempts, I can't actually edit the text in the program). Basically, I intend on uploading side-by-side comparison pictures of each screen. The final product would probably be a PDF or something, but here I'm just going to upload a couple screens.

15zkswo.png 10qi909.png

These were done in MSPaint, lol. But if this works for everybody, I'll probably put a little more time and effort into it and make it look nice in GIMP.

EDIT: Just realized I typed "ONLINE" in the logo instead of "CONFIG". Oops. I guess I still had the window title bar in my head, and since this was just a proof-of-concept, I didn't double check everything.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

So, before I go through and put the work into translating the whole thing, I'd like to know if my method works for you guys (because despite my attempts, I can't actually edit the text in the program). Basically, I intend on uploading side-by-side comparison pictures of each screen. The final product would probably be a PDF or something, but here I'm just going to upload a couple screens.

*images*

These were done in MSPaint, lol. But if this works for everybody, I'll probably put a little more time and effort into it and make it look nice in GIMP.

EDIT: Just realized I typed "ONLINE" in the logo instead of "CONFIG". Oops. I guess I still had the window title bar in my head, and since this was just a proof-of-concept, I didn't double check everything.

I think that's perfect, Erdrick. Thanks a lot for your help and effort in this!

Cool, I'll make it my project for the week. Hopefully it won't take that long, but I've got other things to do too, so we'll see.

Yeah, this right here is amazing. Perfect.

15zkswo.png 10qi909.png

Any progress on the other screens?

Cool, I'll make it my project for the week. Hopefully it won't take that long, but I've got other things to do too, so we'll see.

Actually, since I last posted, I found a way to *maybe* edit the program itself, so I've been looking into that. Sorry for the lack of updates. And don't expect a translated config program yet - it's a maybe.

Looks like an english config patch isn't going to happen yet. The program is touched in just about every game update, and with my current method the whole thing would need to be retranslated with every update. There may be a way around it, but it's kind of a low priority as far as the DQX patch goes. I'll start translating screenshots again.

Thanks!

Looks like an english config patch isn't going to happen yet. The program is touched in just about every game update, and with my current method the whole thing would need to be retranslated with every update. There may be a way around it, but it's kind of a low priority as far as the DQX patch goes. I'll start translating screenshots again.

It'll be a little later than expected - real life is being a pain right now. For the next few days I won't be home to work on this as much as I'd like, and I can't run the program on my laptop. But I'll upload stuff soon, I promise.