Help Thread.

Megalosaro

We should have a central topic for help.

I'll start.

How do you beat the cosmic chimaera in sylvea. I've been fighting him for over 20 minutes and his barrier won't drop

Help: I need money for a PS4

Me too. Someone go and slay a few Gold Golems.

• Upvote 3

Help: Where can I find gold golems?

This is a vital question. We need answers, damn it!

His Barrier kept randomly dropping for me, and I didn't even do anything to him. Maybe magic weakens his shield? When his shield drops though, get on that turret and go to town, you can just about kill it with one full round of that thing.

The barrier drop is random and brief, and ignoring the troll until the healing is no more is the easiest path.

Help time for me. I have the day one edition, but have yet to get a piece of my owed slime gear. i entered the code before creating my game, and nothing. No inkling of where or how. I've checked the NPCs, I've done the easy slime map it gave me and nothing. Have I been cheated of the gear somehow through bug or error or is it later in the game than the start of the fourth area?

I received my smile gear the very first time you enter the camp (like thirty minutes into the game). I don't know why yours isn't registering.

You might have to go to "restore DLC" or whatever on your PS4 and see if that helps.

[Edit] See if this helps:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835982-dragon-quest-heroes-the-world-trees-woe-and-the-blight-below/72650060

Edited by Bob_the_Almighty

Make sure the DLC actually downloaded and installed. That happened for my DQ3 costume. I had it downloaded, but it did not install so I did not have it until I installed it.

Haha.  Don't we all?

Haha.  Don't we all?

When DQ Heroes was announced for the west, I immediately started saving money every paycheck. I saved for about nearly 9 months so I could buy the PS4 + the collector's edition.

Edited by Bururian

I attacked the troll. While the chimera is healing it, its barrier is down. At that moment, forget everything and go for the chimera. Once it is dead, you can take your time with the enemies and the troll.

I am curious at the trophy that says to collect all manners of accessories. I wonder if it just wants one of every kind, or if it wants all three versions of each kind (Quick, Classic, Luxury). I'll bet it's the former than the latter, but until I get at least one of all accessories, my curiosity will be piqued. 

It is just one of each type (I have gotten the 50% trophies already).

The qualifiers are just different ways to obtain the same item, just with higher chances of it having a positive attribute added when being created.

You can add a random attribute when fusing two of the same items, and can have fused items inherit the parents' attributes, to a total of 3 attributes for item.

Yeah, I've already been melding like a mad man so I can get some good stat variables on some accessories. I love it when I get an item that gets the same stat three times, like Attack + 5. 

OMG I can not beat Psaro. Ive tried about a dozen times now and have yet to even get him half way down. Ive read some people say that Yangus can just stand there and get hit while the rest of the crew attacks him (one person posted that they didnt even hold the controller when they beat him) but it doesnt work for me at all. Ive tried to plink him down with Bianca but the same result. Im not sure what Im missing or doing wrong but he seems to be an impossible fight for me. Right now the crew I have is Aurora, Alena, Jessica, and Maya. They are all mid 40s with Maya being the lowest at 41.

The way I took him down.

1. Terry. Miracle Slash + Falcon Slash Terry can worry slightly less about being hit. He still can't be hit much, but he has more option to heal up.

2. Use Jessica, which you already said you were, but her Hustle Dance is IMPORTANT in these types of battles.

3. Focus more on staying alive than doing damage. Run around, get hits in when you can.

4. Take down his two buddies first. Make sure to have a Dogged collar for Terry to help take down his two buddies.

5. Go absolutely nuts when in Tension mode. this is where you are going to do most of your damage.

6. After you go off in Tension mode, immediately switch between your other characters to see how their tension bars are. Sometimes you can do 2 or 3 tension bursts in a row.

7. If no one is paying attention to you. Just hold down circle until someone is.

Edited by Touchfuzzy
  • Upvote 1

Well I'm in post game stuff so here's your spoiler warning:

Maybe I just really suck at tactics in this game but I am having a hell of a time with the two bonus bosses.  Nokturnus keeps kicking my ass.  I have his pattern down pretty well but my companions keep getting killed too soon.  Does anyone have any good advice on which characters/accessories I should be using?  My usual party is Luceus, Maya, Jessica, Aurora; my hero is at 99 and the other characters are mid 70's.  Does Terry's Atlas combo work well on this guy?  I've been told I need to get Nokturnus' prize chest before I even attempt taking on Zoma.  My plan there is supped up bunny tails for the whole party.

Also, I'm still having trouble with all the bonus defender missions post game, of course I haven't tried them since I was in the 50's so maybe now they will be easier.

I've been taking my time and having fun leveling/working on monster suppression medals, but why are belle caps' drop rate so low? I can get Arch Demons to drop Magic Beast Horns faster than I can get a belle cap to drop off the Shamans. Are their other monsters that drop this item other than the Shaman?

Sorcerers drop belle caps pretty reliably. I gave up on the shamans.

I got Psaro down to 3-4% before I finally wiped. :( I got Yangus in there to use his defender thing then once Psaro would do his big attack, Id switch out to Aurora to do some damage, back to Yangus, repeat. Problem is those damned 2 rosguardians keep beating down my extra dps. All I needed was one more freaking Yggdrasil leaf and I would have had it.

Ahhh its done now. :D This last round I smoked him. I only had to use one leaf but I changed up my tactics a bit. I used a lot of run and gun on him. When he would summon that huge ball over his head and vacuum me in, I would wail on him for about 5 seconds and then roll out. I got a mirror ring as well so when he would fire the black balls at me, I just would cold fission at him and reflect his own ball back to him. I finally hit him enough times to get my tension up full and went to town on him. Once I fired off the coup de gras, I bounced to the other characters and did the same run and gun thing till theirs was full as well. Jessica's first then Alena and hers was the final kill shot. :)

It's a lot easier to get belle caps from the mini medal guy by using Bianca's medal farming technique.  The technique works even if you don't have the allure ring, it just takes longer.

I take it I'm the only one here to have logged 120 hours in gameplay since release...

It's a lot easier to get belle caps from the mini medal guy by using Bianca's medal farming technique.  The technique works even if you don't have the allure ring, it just takes longer.

I take it I'm the only one here to have logged 120 hours in gameplay since release...

I only hit 45 hours last night, and I'm not done with the main game.

It's a lot easier to get belle caps from the mini medal guy by using Bianca's medal farming technique. The technique works even if you don't have the allure ring, it just takes longer.

That's a safe bet.