Square Enix Plays Dragon Quest Heroes - DQIV Character Guide

Tiael

Edited by Tiael

I'm still disappointed Ragnar wasn't in this game. He seemed like a perfect candidate for a hack and slash type of game like this...

Plus I have a feeling he's get along great with Healix.

Yangus does!

You should be happy.

And pink Scot for DQH2! C'mon SE

Oh I am happy about that. Just makes me sad Ragnar isn't there as well. I feel like he and Yangus would make a good pair.

Here's hoping he'll be in the sequel. Isn't Maribel the only new confirmed character so far?

Carver too.

Carver's gonna be in it?! Nice.

Perhaps we'll see Cannock or Moonbrooke in the game to represent the Erdrick trilogy (not including the DQ3 hero costumes), or maybe one of DQ3's classes will join in. I'd love to run around as 3's male Goof-Off, using every silly move in the book to take down monsters.

Kiryl's ready for one of the biggest the holidays in Springfield... Whacking Day.

Love Alena's multiples, too, and Maya's high tension "Puff!" magic.

I might be alone in this, but I still wish they would have included a couple of the main heroes. I realize casting voice actors for them might wreck a lot of people's fantasies (in fact, I kind of agree), but it would still be cool to get to use some of our favorite protagonists. Heck, they could just make them grunt and scream like Link and I would be content. But then, I suppose they'd have to include every protagonist or else somebody would be upset that the protagonist from their favorite game wasn't included. I would be content with any of them as long as my Avatarsake was included. But I guess that was obvious.

I might be alone in this, but I still wish they would have included a couple of the main heroes. I realize casting voice actors for them might wreck a lot of people's fantasies (in fact, I kind of agree), but it would still be cool to get to use some of our favorite protagonists. Heck, they could just make them grunt and scream like Link and I would be content. But then, I suppose they'd have to include every protagonist or else somebody would be upset that the protagonist from their favorite game wasn't included. I would be content with any of them as long as my Avatarsake was included. But I guess that was obvious.

The problem there is it's implied in the games that they're not silent at all.  They're VERY talkative, but the speech is supposed to be purely in our minds.  So it would be ...odd if they just had grunts and screams.  They need to be fleshed out in some fashion.  For myself it wouldn't ruin anything, because it would be only in that game, however I can see how many fans would see it as a sort of stylistic change, where perhaps the main series protagonists will have to be voiced.  Perhaps that's why Horii avoids it whenever possible: DQ7/8/9/10's cameos.

Still, it would be pretty chill to have a DQH, at some point down the line, or a new action RPG of a more traditionalist ARPG style (think Mana for enemy hoard sizes), that functions a lot like a link between worlds, where only the main protagonists, the main heroes, are meant to join in the fight (DQV technically has two in that case), and perhaps most of the supports are present to join in from time to time, as the story requires.

The problem there is it's implied in the games that they're not silent at all. They're VERY talkative, but the speech is supposed to be purely in our minds. So it would be ...odd if they just had grunts and screams. They need to be fleshed out in some fashion. For myself it wouldn't ruin anything, because it would be only in that game, however I can see how many fans would see it as a sort of stylistic change, where perhaps the main series protagonists will have to be voiced. Perhaps that's why Horii avoids it whenever possible: DQ7/8/9/10's cameos.

Still, it would be pretty chill to have a DQH, at some point down the line, or a new action RPG of a more traditionalist ARPG style (think Mana for enemy hoard sizes), that functions a lot like a link between worlds, where only the main protagonists, the main heroes, are meant to join in the fight (DQV technically has two in that case), and perhaps most of the supports are present to join in from time to time, as the story requires.

I always though that DQV had four main characters. Hero, Wife, and Kids. Although, I guess the kids aren't in much of the game...although the wife isn't in the party for a long period of time either. Hero (or Madasen, as much as I think that name doesn't fit) is obviously the only consistent character.

But that game had me more attached to the entire party than any other in the series. They're a family unit.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk