• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her Twitter profile says "plays Final Fantasy too much." See, there's the problem right there. Wishing her all the best treatment and a speedy recovery!

Here you go, short and sweet.   Jessica's cleavage accurately rendered. - 11/10

I checked all their reviews and all the PS4 they reviewed got a 0, while all the Wii U games got a 10.   

That's because 7 8 9

To be fair, 9 is a dick. It's all about 9.

I mean 9 x any number = 9 when you add up the digits. Pretentious much?

9 x 87 = 783 = 7+8+3 = 18 = 1+8 = 9

Jackassary

My mind just exploded...

Into 9 pieces which are now scattered around the globe. Collect them all to unlock a cool playable character!!

• Upvote 1

Couldn't it be it sold out?  :P

Not likely, i know

More likely than you think.

Where I live dq gets sold out everywhere. I think the only dq game I see around sometimes is dq ix. I didn't buy dq 5 the first week it came out and I had to drive some place over an hour away to buy it.

Also, adverting at my local game store (eb games) seems to be good, on the ps4 section of their website there is dq advertising in the margins. Not sure if the actual stores are advertising it, but I'll see when I go buy the game on monday.

Well, considering I went to two GameStops (and one again today), a Walmart, a Target, and Best Buy twice, I find it highly unlikely that it sold out. I also haven't seen P4D anywhere or Legends of Legacy (or Legacy of Legends, whichever).

For many games that aren't "OMG EVERYONE GOTTA HAVE IT IS CALLADUDY," stores are getting much fewer copies nowadays it seems.  Often times preorders + 1 or 2 extra. At least that's the case near me.

Best Buy seems to be somewhat immune to this effect, while Gamestop seems to be heavily afflicted with it.

I also noticed this trend. It's actually the smart thing to do. That way you don't end up with a stack of Arkham City for the Wii U or a pile of PS2 games two console lifespans later. It's one of the reasons I'm against pre-orders, since companies push you to pre-order games that will be on the shelves into next Christmas regardless of whether or not you pre-order. Who actually thinks it's a good idea to guarantee Activision money on Call of Duty pre-orders when they still have copies of the previous two games sitting side by side?

Two and a half minutes in until the first f-bomb. Congratulations, Jim, you classy hutt, you. Such elloquent expression really makes you deserve that 11.5k a month.

Two and a half minutes in until the first f-bomb. Congratulations, Jim, you classy hutt, you. Such elloquent expression really makes you deserve that 11.5k a month.

He's Jim f***ing Sterling, son.

I don't take reviews seriously, ever.

Common people still think that Final Fantasy 7 and The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time are the best games evar, what can I expect?

Also, I love how IGN's review is 6.2, while JUST below it, the users review average 9.2

(as of today at least: http://www.ign.com/games/dragon-quest-heroes/ps4-20024062)

I don't care though. I have more harsh words for games people consider "best evar",

Zelda Wind Waker was a disaster to me for example, solid 5/10 for me. Yet this game gets a LOT of praise! 

However, while I'm loving Dragon Quest Heroes, I can see why it would at least not get perfect ratings.

7 hours in, and I don't see the story turn as great as IV, V and VI yet.

I don't expect too much since it's a spin off, but I don't want to say more until I've finished it, because DQ IV, V and VI also started a bit slow, but became epic.

Edited by kleev_55

Here you go, short and sweet.

Jessica's cleavage accurately rendered. - 11/10

• Upvote 3

Went by Gamestop today...no Heroes to be seen except for the demo you could play at the PS4 display.

Jim's okay. I don't personally find his YouTube personality appealing, but I've got no beef with him. He's been on Totalbiscuit's channel before. Speaking of which, Totalbiscuit announced today that he has inoperable liver cancer...an estimated 3 years to live :(

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Common people still think that Final Fantasy 7 and The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time are the best games evar, what can I expect?

Also, I love how IGN's review is 6.2, while JUST below it, the users review average 9.2

(as of today at least: http://www.ign.com/games/dragon-quest-heroes/ps4-20024062)

I don't care though. I have more harsh words for games people consider "best evar",

Zelda Wind Waker was a disaster to me for example, solid 5/10 for me. Yet this game gets a LOT of praise!

However, while I'm loving Dragon Quest Heroes, I can see why it would at least not get perfect ratings.

7 hours in, and I don't see the story turn as great as IV, V and VI yet.

I don't expect too much since it's a spin off, but I don't want to say more until I've finished it, because DQ IV, V and VI also started a bit slow, but became epic.

I agree with you on Ocarina, but disagree on Wind Waker. WW is one of my top Zelda games, though when it first came out I was certainly in the minority.

...common people? Really?

• Upvote 1

The amount of times I have already heard "How much does she bounce?" is already too many.

That's an actual quote from the game?!?!

Thankfully, no. That's people asking if Jessica has the amount of bounce that she did in DQ8.

Being a common peasant sucks. And here I thought I was a part of the video game master race.

Edited by AustNerevar

Being a common peasant sucks. And here I thought I was a part of the video game master race.

We art but commoners and wenches, lowly in our groveling misery!

No that's the PC master race and they don't get OoT.

No that's the PC master race and they don't get OoT.
Yes we do ;)

Eh, it's possible to be in the master race and still be a dirty Nintendo heathen. Consoles have their place. They just aren't for me anymore, I don't think. I love my 3DS, but my Steam account is where most of my investments have gone.

You know, THOSE people. The ones that think Aeris' death was the most tragic event in an RPG storyline.

The ones that think big swords means the game's good, that Sephiroth is the most epic villain in any game (or movie since FF7 also has movies).

And the ones that vote Tifa on silly "sexiest fictional character" polls.

Since these dirty peasants are everywhere online, they are commoners.

OK, jokes aside, I just meant the majority. (People commonly think, not common people think) :)

Edited by kleev_55
  • Upvote 1

Here you go, short and sweet.

Jessica's cleavage accurately rendered. - 11/10

Of course!  Accurate breast physics are an integral element to modern game design!

You know, THOSE people. The ones that think Aeris' death was the most tragic event in an RPG storyline.

The ones that think big swords means the game's good, that Sephiroth is the most epic villain in any game (or movie since FF7 also has movies).

OK, jokes aside, I just meant the majority.

I cried at Nei's death, but Aeris...I had my mouth open, then I yelled at her for making a pointless sacrifice.  Then I yelled at Cloud for not even trying to do anything, either durring or after the event, and instead assuring she would die (no blood = no death).

Ahem, sorry.  I don't necessarily agree that older games are worse than current generation games.  I think it's a mixed bag depending on the quality.  I still find myself thoroughly enjoying OoT, but I would say LttP holds up better, for me, over time, and Link's Adventure is underrated, and easily one of the better games in the series.

Edited by ignasia7

OK, jokes aside, I just meant the majority.

The problem with FF 7 is that people either praise it as the second coming or claim it as the most overrated game ever... No middle ground lol.

While it's not the greatest RPG ever (and it's not even the best Final Fantasy) FF 7 is a damn good game. Even if you dislike the game for whatever reason (main reason is probably because of the fanboys) I don't see how someone can deny the skill and talent that went into developing the game. It's obviously aged a bit, just like Ocarina of Time, but it's still "one of the greats."

But FF 6, 9, and 12 is where it's at. :)

(Also please don't kill me but Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past >>> Ocarina of Time)

As for DQ Heroes, I never played a "Warriors" type game before (Mosuo or whatever they are called) but I am really happy with DQ Heroes. I find it's a high quality spin-off. I would kill for a "Final Fantasy Heroes" game after DQH 2 to be honest. I think I might give Hyrule Warriors a shot as well.

• Upvote 2