Sign in to follow this  
AustNerevar

Square Enix Plays DQ Heroes - Gigantes Boss Battle

https://youtu.be/Wcuqomzk40Q

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Remember, everyone who clicks on the video, make sure to go the YouTube page and give it a like. Likes are probably the most helpful in giving a video popularity. Let SE know we're here.

The sound levels are perfect in this video. Glad they got that sorted out.

• Upvote 2

Glad to hear the levels sorted out and was very happy to hear more of what Alena and Kiryl sound like in the dub; the Russian accents are just cartoonishly over-exaggerated enough for me.

I hope they show off Bianca in a later video, I still have no clue what she was saying in the character trailer.

Very nice.

Also, Luceus and Kyril should get along famously, as two worrywarts with royalty in their care getting way too involved for their liking.  Take heart fellas, and know that at least you'll never be bored.

I got to play this yesterday at NY Comic Con.  You really have to use the nearby gun turrets to do any sort of damage to Gigantes.  I got him about 1/4 of the way down damage-wise before my friends wanted to leave, but I was starting to form a strategy.  I got the impression that you have to use the cannons to hit Gigantes in the eye, but you run out of bullets relatively quickly (3 shots).  The bullets respawn after a short amount of time, but I couldn't really tell how long that was.  Two direct shots in the eye stuns him and causes him to go to one knee, so that's the point (think Ocarina of time) where you can wail on him.  Fastest way would be to switch to one of your ground characters for that.

I wasn't entirely sure if I could fire the three shots, then immediately switch characters and climb back into the turret for three more.  Gigantes doesn't stay in one place, and he moves throughout the city, so you have to find the next gun turret when that happens.  You get 4 Yggrasil leaves, but if most of your characters spend time fighting him and his minions on the ground, they're going to lose HP pretty fast.

Yeah, Liam, I was disappointed I didn't see you in Healix's facebook post of winners. Some people were on there 4+ times. I suppose I'll just blame your friends!