Sign in to follow this  
Wonderslime

Dragon Warrior: Begin a New Quest -- the Official Release!

You can fix the golden card via event. Make a duplicate event page for each shop with the shop discounted to buy, but have the event trigger be possessing a golden card and make any necessary dialogue change

Alternatively, one event page with a conditional branch having the card to trigger the sane way else normal shop.

I'm probably being really dense, but I could use a little help:

I can't seem to find the Sun Crest. I know the library in Carnelia implies it was given to another race of people... I assume that refers to the underworld folks and/or those of them who now live in Ong. But, no dice so far...

Yeah - the quest to find what you're looking for is probably one of the toughest in the game!

To find the Sun Crest, you have to find the Underworld.  There are three routes to the underworld that intertwine together in a cave that spans the entire globe, and the monsters heading down there are very tough.  The two easiest entrance points are the cave in Ong and the old couple's house far northeast of Matarona, though there is a third somewhere. 

Good luck!

Adol:  The Golden Card in this game was just designed to allow you to play the lottery as many times as you want without a Lottery Ticket, making it essentially into a mini-game you can always access!  The problem is that the lotteries check to see if you have the card in the wrong order, creating a weird loop that I didn't intend.  It's easily fixable, it's just that I won't have much time to do it until the semester is done.  :)  There are a few other adjustments I've made in the last couple of months so I can take care of all of those at the same time!  Version 1.0 is upcoming!

Oh derp. I imagined it was a discount card. Been a while now since I beat the game in play testing. I agree, easily fixable via conditional making the lottery look the same but not actually require a ticket.

hi, love the game got like 40 hours into it,  i like grinding. now a question,  i cant figure out what floor the moon crest is on, and if it is a invisible wall or something else? i searched and searched forever. i read the book with the hint. any help?

Sure!

Check the fourth floor of the tower (30 is not divisible by 4, while 4 is divisible by 2).   There are secret stairs if you check the floor at the square furthest from all other staircases.  This square can be found as follows:  From the statues at the top centre of the map, surrounding the number "4", start at the leftmost statue, take one step down and six to the left (on the other side of the pillar).  The staircase should be there. 

Good luck, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

thanx for the help, i think it was the controller i was using its pretty old a crappy. i searched that floor a bunch  i cant get over how great your game is love everything about it.

Jeeeez, I appreciate it!  Thank you so much!  There's a lot of heart in that game and I wanted it to be *that game* that all of us hardcore/old-school fans have been waiting for.  Here's hoping that Square Enix recognizes the appeal and potential of the real series overseas, you know?  :)

Any tips for beating

infinitas?

My assumption is that the correct approach is to take out the two dark mages equally, then hope to get a lucky crit, but so far I haven't gotten it to work.

Wow, you're so far!  So it's pretty tough, but some hints from the jail in Branvaria might help you out.  Basically, there are two things that help you win this battle.

The first is a big oversight in their little formation:  Dark Mages are actually susceptible to Stopspell.  It won't work every time, but eventually, if you can shut them up, there won't be any way for them to revive their metallic friend.

The second is that Infinitas itself is vulnerable to instant-death magic.  Again, don't expect it to work every time!  You can also try for those critical hits, and if you have any of the crit-boosting items in the game (The Timbrel of Tension is amazing if you were able to snag it) or the Staff of Penetration, you can boost your chances to reasonable levels.

Wow, you're almost there.  Fantastic work!

OK, everyone, it's a big moment.  Version 1.0, at long last:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9dVPYmroJUsQXJBYnpWTWIySkU

Be sure to install the included 'Eras Demi' font on your system before starting the game.

Fingers crossed, if this goes smoothly, this should be my last update -- and I will be taking this to RPG Maker forums to more broadly share.  Thank you to everybody who has been a part of testing, advising, sharing scripts, supporting, and so on... this game wouldn't be what it has become without you all!  If you haven't tried it yet but like retro DW, definitely try this:  It was made for you.  If you have a friend who might like this, please share!

In this last version, I made some last minor adjustments to monster stats and some attack patterns.  I found a couple of last strangenesses (walls you can walk through, ways to wreck the Return spell, etc) and hopefully repaired them fully.  Also, I added an FAQ to the Readme file, because some Qs have been asked F.  

I wanted to finish this by earlier in the summer, but my last tester (and brother...) took awhile to finish it off, and I've been distracted with other things too.  So many games to play.  My hope, now, is that I can put this aside and start thinking about my next project... whatever it will be.   :)

Edited by Wonderslime
  • Upvote 1

These projects often end up feeling as though they can never be perfect or completely finished, you know?  

The #1 thing I'm worried about is that I made some asinine change somehow during my last edits that will require me to do... yet another fix.  I don't think this will happen, but you just get so used to "missing that one thing" that it wouldn't be surprising at all!

Is this made on RPG Maker? If so, which one?

This is an RPG Maker VX Ace project, with many custom scripts that I either used or built to get it to "feel" pretty close to the originals.

The RPG Maker VX Ace environment comes with its ups and downs and curiosities and moments where you just want to scream "whyyy would that be the default!?"  But ultimately it was a nice fit because it can do so much and be altered without too much of a struggle.  

Great. I already have Ace, so I won't need to download any extras.