Problem logging into online mode on Wii

Now that I've finished the offline mode, I'm ready to brave the online world.

I've created a Square Enix account, and added the game codes (versions 1 through 3). But when I go to online mode for the Wii and put in my SE account name & password, it gives me some messages about registration that I can't figure out. Here is what the messages say:

入力ã—ãŸã‚¹ã‚¯ã‚¦ã‚§ã‚¢ãƒ»ã‚¨ãƒ‹ãƒƒã‚¯ã‚¹ã€€ã‚¢ã‚«ã‚¦ãƒ³ãƒˆã«ã¯ã™ã§ã«ã€€ãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆXã®ã€€ãƒ¬ã‚¸ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ¬ãƒ¼ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ‰ãŒã€€ç™»éŒ²ã•ã‚Œã¦ã„ã¾ã™ï¼

ã„ã£ãŸã‚“タイトルã«æˆ»ã‚Šã€€ãƒ—レイヤーã®æ–°è¦ç™»éŒ²ã§ã€€ã€Žã™ã§ã«éŠã‚“ã§ã„るアカウントを登録ã™ã‚‹ã€ã€€ã“ã¨ã§ã“ã®ã‚¢ã‚«ã‚¦ãƒ³ãƒˆã§ã€€å†’険を続ã‘ã‚‹ã“ã¨ãŒã§ãã¾ã™ã€‚

Could someone help me out?

It says

The Square Enix account you have entered already has a registration code entered for it. Please go back to the title menu and choose 'register a preexisting account' (すでに遊んでいるアカウントを登録する) so that you can continue your adventure.

Okay, finally found that option, but to do that, I had to create a new "player". This means that my old "offline" characters are under a different "player" profile. Is there any way to transfer these characters, or do I have to complete the offline mode (or at the very least, the tutorial) again?