Sign in to follow this  
Jimmu_Dudeski

DWM2 breeding guide project (finished)

Update 2: Version 1.3 is up, and I thanks to internet_explorer and the Notepad++ program, I was able to sift through all 145,924 combinations. I think this is as complete as it will ever be, and I'd say its 99.9% accurate. It was a lot of work, but we did it, fam.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5xe362hv3xgo3q/DWM2_Breeding_1.3.txt

Update: Version 1.2 has been posted, and the link to the file changed. Tested all the combos I was unsure about and edited it accordingly. Thanks go to internet_explorer (the person!) for a little bit of the new data added.

I posted this over on GameFAQs, but King_Zenith mentioned Woodus, so here's my post over here!

I've been trying to make a more fleshed out breeding guide for DWM2. I've got a huge number of combinations that the Woodus site doesn't have. Most of the combos have been tested, besides the ones with (x) next to them.

If anyone has a combo that isn't on the list, let me know and I'll try it out.

And feel free, of course, to redo the Woodus site breeding graph based on this info I've collected, because it needs it xD

Edited by Jimmu_Dudeski

Yeah I'm sure it does, that info was right out of the Prima guide, and I know it had many many issue :)

• Upvote 1

I have the file downloaded, I just need to get it into a format I can import into the database, thanks for working on that :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

I have the file downloaded, I just need to get it into a format I can import into the database, thanks for working on that :thumbsup:

I personally remember spending so much time getting an AsuraZoma and DeathMore2, then finding out that combo didn't work :C

If I'm credited, I'd also like Jimeous credited as well, since his breeding chart was a good base for me to start from. I am not Jimeous, before anyone asks lol.

Do you have the original data in a spreadsheet of any kind that I could start from?

Do you have the original data in a spreadsheet of any kind that I could start from?

You mean what I have or what Jimeous had? All the data is in notepad, unfortunately :/ not sure if Jimeous had it in spreadsheet either.

Can you post a snippet of it here?  Depending on how it is formatted, we could probably parse it into a spreadsheet pretty quickly.

Woodus, that text file seems to use tabs as separators.

Try to manipulate the number of tabs to only one in each row and open the text file as a comma separated value (but with tabsm instead of commas, as separator; or replace tabs with commas, as well).

That could give you a starting (Excel) point.

Yeah that I can do, it is the replicating the missing data I was thinking about

Like for an entry like this, do I list it in the database like so

KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	GreatDrak
				BattleRex
				Divinegon
				Unicorn
				KingLeo
				MadCondor
				ZapBird
				WhipBird
				BossTroll
				Gigantes
				Centasaur
				DeadNoble
				WhiteKing

Or split it down so each KINGSLIME entry shows the resulting individual matches?

KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	BattleRex
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	Divinegon
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	Unicorn
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	KingLeo
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	MadCondor
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	ZapBird
etc

So it shows the way we did the DQMJ lists

Plus a straight TAB delimted import still isn't clean, all the columns don't line up when imported.

I can go thru it, I was just being lazy hoping for a pre-formatted spreadsheet file ;)

Yeah that I can do, it is the replicating the missing data I was thinking about

Like for an entry like this, do I list it in the database like so

BattleRex
				Divinegon
				Unicorn
				KingLeo
				MadCondor
				ZapBird
				WhipBird
				BossTroll
				Gigantes
				Centasaur
				DeadNoble
				WhiteKing

Or split it down so each KINGSLIME entry shows the resulting individual matches?

KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	BattleRex
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	Divinegon
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	Unicorn
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	KingLeo
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	MadCondor
KINGSLIME	SpotKing 	ZapBird
etc

So it shows the way we did the DQMJ lists

Plus a straight TAB delimted import still isn't clean, all the columns don't line up when imported.

I can go thru it, I was just being lazy hoping for a pre-formatted spreadsheet file ;)

I would recommend having it as the top example. The less names in the file, the better, since the second example would make crtl+f-ing a pain, trying to search through all the names.

Man, if I knew I'd be passing this on to a website like Woodus, I would have thought to format it in an easier fashion...

I hate control f-ing!

I'd get dirtier, but I'll just leave it at that...

Updated to 1.3 - and I think this is as complete as it will get. I'd say about 99.9% accuracy.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5xe362hv3xgo3q/DWM2_Breeding_1.3.txt

Go ahead and add this to the site if you haven't already, Woodus :) hopefully you guys can figure out a way to get the formatting right.

It was a lot of work and I'm glad its done, but I'm also sad, seeing as though the majority of DWM2's mysteries have now been solved :/

For now I went ahead and uploaded the text file and put it on the menu as "Better Breeding Guide" :) Untill I can figure out the best way to turn that into a tabular format. :)

Thanks for all the work on this :thumbsup:

For now I went ahead and uploaded the text file and put it on the menu as "Better Breeding Guide" :) Untill I can figure out the best way to turn that into a tabular format. :)

Thanks for all the work on this :thumbsup:

No prob. Wonder if we could try to sweet talk Square Enix by showing them the work? It was downloaded about 800 times after I put it up on mediafire. Maybe as a small "wink wink nudge nudge" that people still care about DQM.

Edited by Jimmu_Dudeski