Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Contest #138 - Melvin, Aira & friends #QuestForTheWest

DQForTheWest_Logo2.png

Welcome to the fifth & final campaign in a series of contests called "Dragon Quest for the West".  The purpose of these contests is to create a social media firestorm with the intention of increasing awareness of the Dragon Quest series and getting the attention of the series' creators and other parties who have the power (but not yet the incentive) to bring these games to the west.

Your mission in this contest is to create an advertisement for Dragon Quest VII, focused on Melvin, Aira, Leesa, ... whomever!

DQVII3DS_-_Aira.pngDw7-melvin.jpgDq7art3.jpgDq7art2.jpg

Each entrant has to come up with at least one piece of art done in the concept of an advertisement for DQ7 using a character not yet used.  The sky is the limit, anything & anyone you can think of. 

Are you a lousy artist who thinks this contest is not for you?  Well don't run away just yet!  There are plenty of options for you to not only participate in this contest, but also to win!  Instead of a drawing or a beautifully Photoshopped design, you could try doing some cosplay and taking photos.  Or you could even make a video advertisement of sorts.  You could even just partner up with someone and help them out in some way.  Both of you will earn badges!  The winning advertisement will receive a twitter blast and all kinds of glory*. 

* - glory is the eye of the beholder

Enough of the preamble, here are the juicy details:

1) Submit your advertisement to me via private message or directly in this topic if you prefer
2) Submit as many advertisements as you have the time to create, and feel free to work with others
3) You have until Saturday, October 3rd 2015 to make your submissions
4) Submissions will be voted on by the community to determine the winner
5) All submissions will be tweeted out during the contest period under the hashtag #QuestForTheWest
6) The winning advertisement will get an especially focused twitter blast

In case you missed the Arus campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

In case you missed the Maribel campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

In case you missed the Keifer campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

In case you missed the Gabo campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 1

Less than one month? :(

It may be difficult to manage to do something complex in that time... :(

• Upvote 1

How long do you want? Odds are it's you me and Woodus again, so give me a time.

I'll get my own party started!

P6TqVvu.png

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 1

Not too much longer. One month and a half sounds more like it.

One month should actually be enough, except for all the other real-life things taking time away from me (us).

I did start working on the first submission, though (about done for today, since I have to go rehearse a play), so I will use what time I get as best I can. :D

Can we use own pj's based on the DQ saga and relating them with VII ?

I mean like if I imagine my own pj using the DQ draw style and then insert it into the DQVII advertisment context by "imaginating a new miniboss" for example.

Not too much longer. One month and a half sounds more like it.

One month should actually be enough, except for all the other real-life things taking time away from me (us).

I did start working on the first submission, though (about done for today, since I have to go rehearse a play), so I will use what time I get as best I can. :D

I honestly have no problem extending this if we're near the end and need to give it 2 weeks. Keep me up to date. Love your stuff!

Can we use own pj's based on the DQ saga and relating them with VII ?

I mean like if I imagine my own pj using the DQ draw style and then insert it into the DQVII advertisment context by "imaginating a new miniboss" for example.

I'm assuming pj's aren't pajamas...? I'm sure if it's in the DQ VII spirit, this is definitely the contest to do it!!

PJ = personaje jugador = player's character.

Scarlata, las siglas serían diferentes en Inglés. Quizá sería más adecuado "OC", como "original character".

• Upvote 1

"If I do get localized, can I also get censored?"

You shut your whore mouth.

Question, does it have to include all three characters or any single one of them?

Edited by AustNerevar
  • Upvote 1

"If I do get localized, can I also get censored?"

You shut your whore mouth.

Question, does it have to include all three characters or any single one of them?

Haha!

Any single character or combination is fine!

Scarlata, las siglas serían diferentes en Inglés. Quizá sería más adecuado "OC", como "original character".

Ah! Gracias!
  • Upvote 1

Si, por un momento olvide que son siglas usadas solo en español ^^

I forgot that PJ is more likely an spanish term, its more like what Cesar said as an Original Character type of thing.

• Upvote 1

Si, por un momento olvide que son siglas usadas solo en español ^^

I forgot that PJ is more likely an spanish term, its more like what Cesar said as an Original Character type of thing.

Would love to see some original #QuestForTheWest material.  Go at it!

Aust, just in case you did not see this before, and so you know you can use more than just those in the pics:

Your mission in this contest is to create an advertisement for Dragon Quest VII, focused on Melvin, Aira, Leesa, ... whomever!

Each entrant has to come up with at least one piece of art done in the concept of an advertisement for DQ7 using a character not yet used.  The sky is the limit, anything & anyone you can think of.

You can use anyone! I know which 4 I will use, and none of them are these guys (I already drew them for last year's DQ/movie contest).

While I love these guys and would love to see entries done with them, I would also like to see more obscure characters. If you or someone else decides to go for it, that would be great. :D

• Upvote 1

Matt, will it be "To" or "For" the West?

I see both used.

And "To" saves up one character. ;)

Matt, will it be "To" or "For" the West?

I see both used.

And "To" saves up one character. ;)

I'm fine with either. "For" is in the graphic at the top of this topic. I think I kept saying "to" in most of the other contests.

Only the hero, Kiefer, Maribel and Gabo have been used.

All the others (PCs, NPCs, enemies) are fair game.

• Upvote 1

The sooner Turnip knew that, the sooner we might see his entry. :D :D :D

Here it is!

DgKd6gI.jpg

Sorry for the *very* bad resolution, I drew it on my 3DS using "Colors!" and I had to download it from the online gallery in order to post it here.

Atm I do not own a PC, so I cannot upload the better quality version yet.

Resolution wasn't great at all, by the way. Had a lot of fun, though!

P.S. Not sure if you could call this an advertisement. I want these games so badly I can only think in terms of characters needing to sail for the west. :/ I guess it's time I sailed to the east instead.

Edited by Turnip
  • Upvote 1

Ha ha, that art is great!  I think this would actually make for a hilarious "caption this..." thread.  I bet there is a lot you could do with this one.

• Upvote 1

Here it is!

DgKd6gI.jpg

Having to poop when wearing tight chain mail must've been a real pain!

I see no resolution issues and I'm on a 22" monitor.  Love it!

• Upvote 1

I love Akira Toriyama's poop-pose, it's one of his classics! Glad you guys liked it, anyway.

I might submit another one before the end of the contest.

A very simple drawing, like this one, because I haven't got the technology nor the knowledge needed to advertise the game (never played it) at the moment.

• Upvote 1