Plattym3

Give us some more ideas!

5 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
2 hours ago, eal said:
On the previous page I think it was we talked about tiering badges for XI, and getting a reward for Platinum-ing a game was one of the things that was discussed.

What is Platinum-ing? Is that some sort of PlayStation thing?

A Platinum trophy. For getting every trophy in a game on a PlayStation system. It’s the equivalent of an achievement on Steam and XBone.

6 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

What is Platinum-ing? Is that some sort of PlayStation thing?

Yes. Get all the other trophies for a game and you’ll receive the platinum trophy. Though some games don’t have a platinum.

Currently the Steam store page doesn't specify that the game will have achievements. Maybe that will change upon release.

6 hours ago, Woodus said:

I guess we will have to see if the "Draconian Quest" save files have any indicator, otherwise there won't be a way to know which mode you played in.

It has a little indicator on your save file when you beat the game with it.

11 hours ago, Madesagora said:

It has a little indicator on your save file when you beat the game with it.

OK, I was just curious as I just beat the Japanese version and you get a star when you see the credits roll, didn't know if there was a different indicator if you do the same with the harder mode.

A few ideas for future XI quests:

America’s Next Top Monster: we vote for our favorite new (non boss) monster. Maybe so that there isn’t a giant wall of monsters and no one wins by correctly guessing the most popular one, we nominate the ones we like the most and the one that wins gets the badge.

Photo Taking Contest: take a screenshot of a beautiful landscape or funny moment and best one wins.

• Like 1

A few ideas for future XI quests:
America’s Next Top Monster: we vote for our favorite new (non boss) monster. Maybe so that there isn’t a giant wall of monsters and no one wins by correctly guessing the most popular one, we nominate the ones we like the most and the one that wins gets the badge.
Photo Taking Contest: take a screenshot of a beautiful landscape or funny moment and best one wins.
I like both ideas! I should get a screenshot one up first. The monsters can wait a month or so.

I don't know where to post this, but when you view your rewards, the "Contest Topic" link for Contest #138 - Dragon Quest Monster Super (Light) Duper Contest - SS Rank links you to Quest #133 instead.

@AustNerevar OK, should be fixed now, double check and let me know :)

• Like 1

[mention=66483]AustNerevar[/mention] OK, should be fixed now, double check and let me know
I don't know if its just me but now it leads to this topic (https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/33161-contest-138-finale/) which appears to be one of the Quest for the West contests.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I don't know if its just me but now it leads to this topic (https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/33161-contest-138-finale/) which appears to be one of the Quest for the West contests.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

OK, well maybe that is the problem, there are two Quests with #138 in the database, this one "Contest #138 - Dragon Quest Monster Super (Light) Duper Contest - S Rank" and "Contest #138 - Melvin, Aira & friends #QuestForTheWest", which quest needs to be fixed and what is the topic link it should be pointing to :)

Posted (edited)

I barely realize there are contests! Had pre purchased DQXIS months ago and I wasn't aware that I could get the award. Here's a meta-contest idea :wink:: When you guys have many contests at the same time; add an additional contest for "promoting the other contests to elegible people by telling them".

Or maybe something a bit more simple, "Game Cleared Year 20XX" yearly contests where you have to clear a DQ game with a specific name and idk record the last moments of the game with your phone or something like that. Setting a specific contest name for the MC would sort of prevent cheating right? :whoa:
It does take a while to beat most DQ games but well, it was just an idea.

Edited by wiregu
  • Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, Woodus said:

OK, well maybe that is the problem, there are two Quests with #138 in the database, this one "Contest #138 - Dragon Quest Monster Super (Light) Duper Contest - S Rank" and "Contest #138 - Melvin, Aira & friends #QuestForTheWest", which quest needs to be fixed and what is the topic link it should be pointing to :)

Sorry, I kind of forgot about this. The quest that should be fixed is the Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Duper Contest - S rank. And that link should take me to the following topic

Let me know if I'm not understanding something and you need more info.

OK, should be fixed now, you stated the S Rank above but you actually have the badge for SS rank, they were both pointing to the wrong quest, so I fixed them both. :)