Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Give us some more ideas!

23 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yes, let's do a lightspeed one again, but to where is the question.

I'm 100% open to this. What's your tiers for DQXI? The preorder would have to be separate I think because many order without preorder.

Step 1 - buy - bronze
Step 2 - beat 1st boss - silver
Step 3 - beat true boss - gold
Step 4 - one of the first 10 - platinum?

Yes, let's do a lightspeed one again, but to where is the question.

I'm 100% open to this. What's your tiers for DQXI? The preorder would have to be separate I think because many order without preorder.

Step 1 - buy - bronze
Step 2 - beat 1st boss - silver
Step 3 - beat true boss - gold
Step 4 - one of the first 10 - platinum?

You can ask around, but I would personally have pre-orders and buying be the same badge (since if you do the first one, you’ve done the second).

1. Pre-order

2. Buy

3. Beat

If you do all three, gold. If you bought  and pre-ordered, but didn’t beat it, silver. If you bought it and beat it, but you didn’t pre-order, it’s still a silver.

I concur, though, in thinking that any competitive ones should get their own badge, like the light speed ones and getting a platinum. Maybe even, if you don’t want to do a separate quest and just want to do it as an ongoing thing, you can put a star on the bronze, silver, gold tiered badge.

You can ask around, but I would personally have pre-orders and buying be the same badge (since if you do the first one, you’ve done the second).
1. Pre-order
2. Buy
3. Beat
If you do all three, gold. If you bought  and pre-ordered, but didn’t beat it, silver. If you bought it and beat it, but you didn’t pre-order, it’s still a silver.
I concur, though, in thinking that any competitive ones should get their own badge, like the light speed ones and getting a platinum. Maybe even, if you don’t want to do a separate quest and just want to do it as an ongoing thing, you can put a star on the bronze, silver, gold tiered badge.
I like the idea of the star (maybe lightning bolt) on the badge, yes.

What about this: 3 main prizes:

Preorder, purchase, beat.

You get bronze, silver, gold depending on if you do 1, 2, or 3 things.

Then a lightning bolt gets superimposed over it if you're the fastest 10 too.

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Here’s what I’m thinking of: the badge is the XI Roman numerals, that way there’s space on the badge to fit a visible star for the Platinum, lightening bolt for being among the fastest. If you get both, they stack one on top of the other.

Edited by eal

I wish we did more stacked or tiered quests. We’ve had them before. The Super Light one was tiered, as was the one for donating iirc.
Something like this would benefit from a tiered badge. A badge for doing the base task, upgraded to a different version for achieving the next task. That way, our badge section isn’t as cluttered.
I loved that quest. Pretty proud of my badge for it.

14 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
10 hours ago, eal said:
I wish we did more stacked or tiered quests. We’ve had them before. The Super Light one was tiered, as was the one for donating iirc.
Something like this would benefit from a tiered badge. A badge for doing the base task, upgraded to a different version for achieving the next task. That way, our badge section isn’t as cluttered.

I loved that quest. Pretty proud of my badge for it.

That’s sort of why I thought more tiered badges would be good. The more you put in, the bigger the reward, yet anyone can at least get something for the barest of efforts. It’s like an “everyone gets a trophy, but the more you do the better it is” kind of thing. Everyone that tries gets rewarded. Instead of having a bunch of badges that clutter up your badge section.

On 5/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, Plattym3 said:

I think that's a good way to go. It theoretically allows for a silver with a lightning bolt, but I don't see a problem with that.

I've often kinda half wondered if it'd be better for lightspeed quests to be "Anyone who beats the game before <date>." This kinda has it be a bit of both. Still get a badge for beating it, but get something extra on the badge for being among the fastest.

• Like 1

I got one.  Song lyrics Dragon Questified.

10 minutes ago, Sackchief said:

I got one.  Song lyrics Dragon Questified.

This is a neat idea. It would probably take a bit of working around to make sure we establish a solid foundation for the minimal amount of edits required but otherwise I think this would be fun.

7 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

This is a neat idea. It would probably take a bit of working around to make sure we establish a solid foundation for the minimal amount of edits required but otherwise I think this would be fun.

We’ve done that kind of Quest before. All we need to do is copy paste the rules from that one and we’ll be fine.

We’ve done that kind of Quest before. All we need to do is copy paste the rules from that one and we’ll be fine.
Probably 2.5 years ago. I can envision the classroom I was in when I typed it up.

30 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
39 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Probably 2.5 years ago. I can envision the classroom I was in when I typed it up.

It was 2016 and you gave 75% thanks to KZ for typing it out :P

It was 2016 and you gave 75% thanks to KZ for typing it out
Nailed it. So we've done it multiple times.

So for a Lightspeed Challenge Quest for DQXI, what should I do:

First 10 people to get to the credits & get that little star by their name gets a badge?

Or, set a goal of 1 month and anyone that finishes in a month, be it 5 or 25 people get a badge?

I dont know about most people but I can not see me possibly speeding through this game. The wait for it has been long. I plan to explore every single option available. So, just between the two options, Id pick the second.

I dont know about most people but I can not see me possibly speeding through this game. The wait for it has been long. I plan to explore every single option available. So, just between the two options, Id pick the second.
That's what I was thinking. I don't want to rush. I know we did that for the mobile releases, but for most of us it was the Nth time we'd played. I'd even consider anyone who finished in 45 days... depends on what you all think.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

First 10 people to get to the credits & get that little star by their name gets a badge?

Or, set a goal of 1 month and anyone that finishes in a month, be it 5 or 25 people get a badge?

I’d say It would be more in the spirit for the lightspeed badge to be based on time not racing others. A month feels somewhat long though. Maybe two weeks?

I’d say It would be more in the spirit for the lightspeed badge to be based on time not racing others. A month feels somewhat long though. Maybe two weeks?
It's looking like a 60 hour game. That's 4 hours/day.

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
14 minutes ago, eal said:

It's looking like a 60 hour game. That's 4 hours/day.

Someone’s gonna beat it in a day, I’m sure.

I'm definitely not going to get a lightspeed badge now that school started lol.  

On 8/28/2018 at 3:43 PM, Plattym3 said:

To add on to this I think it'd be interesting to add a little "bonus" to those who complete the games fast along with "Draconian Quest" such as the harder enemies, no running away, no shops, etc. Maybe add a tint or something to the badge.

15 hours ago, Madesagora said:

To add on to this I think it'd be interesting to add a little "bonus" to those who complete the games fast along with "Draconian Quest" such as the harder enemies, no running away, no shops, etc. Maybe add a tint or something to the badge.

I guess we will have to see if the "Draconian Quest" save files have any indicator, otherwise there won't be a way to know which mode you played in.

Conversely cant we have a completionist quest? I takw my time in DQ games especially on my first play through so these lightspeed badges are more or less unobtainable to me.

34 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Conversely cant we have a completionist quest? I takw my time in DQ games especially on my first play through so these lightspeed badges are more or less unobtainable to me.

On the previous page I think it was we talked about tiering badges for XI, and getting a reward for Platinum-ing a game was one of the things that was discussed.

56 minutes ago, eal said:

On the previous page I think it was we talked about tiering badges for XI, and getting a reward for Platinum-ing a game was one of the things that was discussed.

Give that one a year end date :) I just on Tuesday night finished the Japanese version of XI

What is Platinum-ing? Is that some sort of PlayStation thing?