Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Give us some more ideas!

Didn't someone talk about re-doing the member ranks once DQ7 3DS came out? Since we have a while new set of classes and stuff to mess with we can have a contest for that, right?

Sure.  Let's wait until 2017 for that though.  Let's let everyone have time to get through the game and I bet some FAQ somewhere will have a full list of all the different ranks for the different jobs.  We have a TON of things going right now.

I do have one idea I've been considering pitching. I'd love a DQ short story quest. It'd be a good chance for everyone here to enjoy some interesting and cool stories written by fellow Denzians.

^ Dragon Quest Gaiden: participants pick a character and rights a short (like 2-3 pages) story about the character. They're voted on, best story wins. How about that, Sword_of_Dusk?

Shouldn't there be 2 more, one for Melvin and one for Aira? Or have submissions for Melvin's been completed?

Anyway, for ideas:

-Favorite Slime

-Best/Favorite Overworld Theme

-Random battle theme

-Final boss theme

-Hero/Protagonist contest

-Design a monster contest

-Create a job class contest

-Most groan worthy pun contest

-Favorite flying vehicle/transport

-Favorite main game

-Favorite spin off game/spin off series

-Challenge run contests like the light speed champion contests (the rules could be determined later)

-Design a slime

-Most notable town

-Quote contest #4

In addition to these which I boldened, how about "Design your own hero"?

We come up with our best Toriyama-esque human designs and a brief background, as well as a list of powers by level?

I've always loved doing this sort of thing.

Goo-reetings!

Plattym3 & I are brainstorming another Pumpkin carving quest for next month, but what about a Dragon Quest baking contest, where people come up with their own unique DQ food designs.  Slime cookies, Rockbomb brownies, Dracky Meatloaf.  So many possibilities.

See also:

https://twitter.com/WestyBlueSlime/status/777885410353610754

• Upvote 1

Goo-reetings!

Plattym3 & I are brainstorming another Pumpkin carving quest for next month, but what about a Dragon Quest baking contest, where people come up with their own unique DQ food designs.  Slime cookies, Rockbomb brownies, Dracky Meatloaf.  So many possibilities.

See also:

https://twitter.com/WestyBlueSlime/status/777885410353610754

oh whoa. I am all about this!

^ Dragon Quest Gaiden: participants pick a character and rights a short (like 2-3 pages) story about the character. They're voted on, best story wins. How about that, Sword_of_Dusk?

That would work.

How about a Dragon Quest Christmas Song Quest. You DQify a Christmas Song, except for 12 Days of course because that's Yangus' thing.

Are we going to see all those DQ8 Quests (or at least one) soon? :(

Are we going to see all those DQ8 Quests (or at least one) soon? :(

I need to put down Persona for an hour and do that, huh? Basically it's been a 20% Persona, 80% chores weekend. I have so many trash cans outside, the neighbor came over and gave me some of his to borrow. Digging up a tree. Oh, and my SUV is packed to the roof with stuff for Goodwill. It's been quite the weekend.

Since they announced DQB for Switch, it could serve as another  preorder/purchase Quest.

And of course DQ XI when the time comes.

Edited by redneckpride4ever

Since they announced DQB for Switch, it could serve as another preorder/purchase Quest.

Ehhhh. DQB came out recently. I don't think a lot of people will want to double dip on such a new game so I don't think there would be a ton of bites on that and it would be kind of weird to have another contest that involves pre-ordering Builders.

Since they announced DQB for Switch, it could serve as another preorder/purchase Quest.

Ehhhh. DQB came out recently. I don't think a lot of people will want to double dip on such a new game so I don't think there would be a ton of bites on that and it would be kind of weird to have another contest that involves pre-ordering Builders.

When DQH Switch was briefly up for pre-order Platty started a contest for it which he then cancelled. I don't see any difference. 

When DQH Switch was briefly up for pre-order Platty started a contest for it which he then cancelled. I don't see any difference.

There is no difference. I personally just don't think it's a good idea in general, so that means I think the DQH Switch contest was also not a great idea.

There is no difference. I personally just don't think it's a good idea in general, so that means I think the DQH Switch contest was also not a great idea.
Yeah, I'll have to get on that. I'll do anther DQH one. The original point of those topics was to try to get people to buy DQ. No reason not to have a DQH Switch one. And 11. But are they available for preorder yet?

Not yet, but Builders Switch was announced so I thought I'd give an advance idea.. I figured it'd give the folks a chance to earn new badges. So yeah, the contest(s) won't be until next year.

Edited by redneckpride4ever

We should do another meme making contest.

....DQ Builders Town Design Quest?

Could even be a series. One for each chapter. Then one for Terra Incognito.

Edited by The Mystical One
  • Like 1

Write your own plot/story for builders 2?

• Like 2

This is like 4 months out but I’ll probably forget to mention it by then.

What about a continuous quest where you’re rewarded with a badge for getting a Platinum trophy or Steam Achievement in XI? Not like the light speed ones where you race to be one of the first to finish but, like, ongoing for an indeterminate but long length.

It would be similar to the “buy or pre-order” quests, where you just tape a piece of paper with your username next to the unlocked trophy on your TV or computer.

Speaking of the Lightspeed (if we do those again) will it be... (story spoiler).

Spoiler

To the credits of the first ending, or after beating the true boss, I haven't beaten the true boss yet so I don't know if it is distinguished differently ?

7 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Speaking of the Lightspeed (if we do those again) will it be... (story spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

To the credits of the first ending, or after beating the true boss, I haven't beaten the true boss yet so I don't know if it is distinguished differently ?

Perhaps it should be two parts, similar to the pre-order/purchase quests.

18 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Perhaps it should be two parts, similar to the pre-order/purchase quests.

I wish we did more stacked or tiered quests. We’ve had them before. The Super Light one was tiered, as was the one for donating iirc.

Something like this would benefit from a tiered badge. A badge for doing the base task, upgraded to a different version for achieving the next task. That way, our badge section isn’t as cluttered.

Yes, let's do a lightspeed one again, but to where is the question.

I wish we did more stacked or tiered quests. We’ve had them before. The Super Light one was tiered, as was the one for donating iirc.
Something like this would benefit from a tiered badge. A badge for doing the base task, upgraded to a different version for achieving the next task. That way, our badge section isn’t as cluttered.
I'm 100% open to this. What's your tiers for DQXI? The preorder would have to be separate I think because many order without preorder.

Step 1 - buy - bronze
Step 2 - beat 1st boss - silver
Step 3 - beat true boss - gold
Step 4 - one of the first 10 - platinum?

Yes, let's do a lightspeed one again, but to where is the question.

I'm 100% open to this. What's your tiers for DQXI? The preorder would have to be separate I think because many order without preorder.

Step 1 - buy - bronze
Step 2 - beat 1st boss - silver
Step 3 - beat true boss - gold
Step 4 - one of the first 10 - platinum?

@Plattym3Personally I'd rather have the pre-order and buy seperate (or a badge for each), but then have the bronze, silver, gold idea for DQXI: beating the final boss gets you bronze, beat the true final boss and you get silver, and gold for being one of the ten to finish the game first.

As for a Platinum, I think we should have that be separate. Not everyone wants to platinum a game, so those who do should get a little something for it. That one could be a first to five or something.

Obviously I'm just spit balling ideas here, so take them as you will.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit