Give us some more ideas!

Anal bum cover went over well, how about round 2?

...I don't think a Round 1 of that was ever done.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32830

Contest 139 :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you're used to asking people that.

Write your own plot/story for builders 2?

Heh heh, an album cover.  Celebrity Jeopardy at its finest. 

Posted Images

Ahh, right, the SNL Jeopardy reference :)

That was around the same time we did famous titties and the penis mightier, if I recall correctly.

Yes, it involved the Big Book of B{r}easts. Edited by Plattym3

As for a new contest suggestion, how about a design a job class contest? We come up with a brand new class for the series with a skill tree (or trees if we go with the 8 and 9 formula of multiple paths), their strengths and weaknesses, and so on.

Art to accompany your class creation should be optional.

Or a design a class's looks contest. Skills and stats should be optional. ;)

No, creating skill sets and abilities is just as important, if not more so.

"No"?

Semi-serious moment... Do we get to say "no" to contest suggestions in this thread? Man, not cool.

If this is about the word "should", I just used it since it was a half joke about the original suggestion.

I find creating skills sets and stats really boring, and would definitely skip that contest (I would not say "no" to it, though), but I guess some other people would take that chance and perhaps go for a collaboration.

Semi-serious moment ends.

I can't stay serious with someone who uses my favorite character from FF IX as his profile picture. :)

I know you were joking. But I stand by the importance of creating a skill set/abilities over the artwork, which I feel should be the optional part. The two would work well combined for the contest should it become a thing, but the point of the contest was to create an interesting class with a description of what it can do to gauge interest in voting for the class. Creating a skill set and design would just be further incentives to show off the class in its fullest.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

How about drawing a new DQ monster?

I second this idea! :D

I DO need to get on this.

Ok, in a couple weeks, we'll have a quest about this too. Gonna tie it in to DQVII as well.

Here's an idea: how about another building/creation contest when DQ Builders arrives? I enjoyed making those monster stages in Mario Maker, and with a new DQ game specifically about building it would be a good time for it.

• Upvote 1

I liked the old DQ name that tune contests. I'd be willing to put another one together myself.

You're hired. Yes, that'd be cool. Me, I wrote a post years ago entitled "Music, who needs it?" or something like that. I have zero appreciation for video game music as I play them 99% on mute. But I'd be willing to get that all up and running if you put the songs together!

the only game music that I find the least bit helpful is the "friendly monster music" from final fantasy IX. All of the other music just distracts you from the visuals. 

as to the point of this topic, i say the movie poster idea would be great.

Edited by Pyro_Cardia

I liked the old DQ name that tune contests. I'd be willing to put another one together myself.

You're hired. Yes, that'd be cool. Me, I wrote a post years ago entitled "Music, who needs it?" or something like that. I have zero appreciation for video game music as I play them 99% on mute. But I'd be willing to get that all up and running if you put the songs together!

the only game music that I find the least bit helpful is the "friendly monster music" from final fantasy IX. All of the other music just distracts you from the visuals.

Get out.

Here's an idea: how about another building/creation contest when DQ Builders arrives? I enjoyed making those monster stages in Mario Maker, and with a new DQ game specifically about building it would be a good time for it.

That sounds awesome!

When VII comes out since it will be a new translation and new parts, maybe another quote contest just focused around VII 3DS?

That sounds awesome!

When VII comes out since it will be a new translation and new parts, maybe another quote contest just focused around VII 3DS?

Both of these sound GREAT!  Bug the heck out of me when they come out to do these.  I'll be having Lightspeed contests for both of these as well (forgot when DQHTWTWATBB came out).  DQVII I'll probably set the bar at 6 months or first 10 people  :laugh:

How about a slime reskin contest, seeing SlimeVagrant's profile pic made me think of this with his DigDug style avatar. How about a reskin rocket to some other character or style of some other character?

photo-79633.jpg?_r=1458215570

• 1 month later...

How about a Dragon Quest election contest where we vote for which DQ character we would want as a president in their respective universe.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • Upvote 1

I really like the track you're on. Considering the circus this election cycle is, lots of people are coming up with people and things they'd rather have as President as jokes on social media. But I'm gonna modify it a bit. Choose who you want to run for President and who their VP should be. They can be from any game. Pick their main platform (e.g. Trump's wall) and then come up with other positions they'd stand for. Don't forget to include their campaign slogan.

I'd also like to do another Notable Quotable quest. I've built up a few during my Dragon Quest VIII playthrough, but the President one could be fun.

I haven't gotten on my computer to advance the current contests recently. I need to do that!

Like the presidental contest one. I'm sure we can do something like that.

Notable Quotable, let's wait until after DQVII (and maybe Builders) comes out. Then we'll all have a ton of new ideas!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I brought it up, not sure if we have a good way to get images out of the game to do it, but I think that would work.

Didn't someone talk about re-doing the member ranks once DQ7 3DS came out? Since we have a while new set of classes and stuff to mess with we can have a contest for that, right?

Sure.  Let's wait until 2017 for that though.  Let's let everyone have time to get through the game and I bet some FAQ somewhere will have a full list of all the different ranks for the different jobs.  We have a TON of things going right now.