Give us some more ideas!

Oh, yeah, I'd be down for a writing contest or DQifying an existing board game! :)

Board Game Time!

I have some time today (here it is a month/two months later).  Let's see if I can make this happen!

Edited by Plattym3
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you're used to asking people that.

Write your own plot/story for builders 2?

Heh heh, an album cover.  Celebrity Jeopardy at its finest. 

Posted Images

just look up shipping meme anywhere and you'll see what  I mean. We make a picture of our favorite DQ ships.

So, apparently I did that.  Totally forgot about this conversation ages ago.

What if instead of making our own game, we base it off an existing, like Monopoly. We take a regular monopoly board and then put a Dragon Quest spin on it. Like renaming all the properties to Dragon Quest themed ones.

Boom, done!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I can see no ones commented on this thread in awhile. Anyway I think I got a great idea here, okay let's say they were making a Dragon Quest live action movie, who would play who? You a movie like that would probably flop, but I think it would be fun seeing our favorite DQ characters as actors, just for fun. So we pick a DQ game and pick actors who would the characters, then vote for the best cast.

It would flop everywhere but Japan.

I'm pretty sure it would flop in Japan most. Just stick to the live action commercials Japan.

Now imagine a DQ commercial, but with American actors.

I'm pretty sure it would flop in Japan most. Just stick to the live action commercials Japan.

Now imagine a DQ commercial, but with American actors.

I don't understand why you think it would bomb in Japan, the birthplace of the series and the only place it's relevant.

What, is it because it will have foreign actors due to our actor nominations instead of Japanese natives? Is it because it would be live action instead of animated?

You need to explain why you think it would "flop in Japan most."

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

That last sentence I think you may have misinterpreted it. I meant imagine if let's say for DQVII Square makes a live action commercial with western actors for the west, I just think it be cool if they did something like that. Also why I'm pretty sure it would flop everywhere is look at Final Fantasy The Spirits Within, that flopped in it's country of origin, also look at another "beloved"  American made video game film, The Super Mario Bros. Film, also Dragon Ball Evolution( while it's not a video game I still think it's a good example).

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

How about drawing a new DQ monster?

I second this idea! :D

That's an idea I threw out on page 1. So I'm in full support of this idea. Come on Plattym3, let's make it happen, cap'n.

How about drawing a new DQ monster?

I second this idea! :D
That's an idea I threw out on page 1. So I'm in full support of this idea. Come on Plattym3, let's make it happen, cap'n.
Yeah Yeah. How do you think I got this King Plat King avatar. That contest was one of the earliest and I think was redone during the dark Platty years. We can do it again.

Come on, when's the next long-awaited coloring contest, Platty?

That will be the 200th contest extravaganza.

Come on, when's the next long-awaited coloring contest, Platty?

Please enter.
I'm sure you're used to asking people that.
  • Upvote 2

That's like five years away though.

I doubt that.

As for a new contest suggestion, how about a design a job class contest? We come up with a brand new class for the series with a skill tree (or trees if we go with the 8 and 9 formula of multiple paths), their strengths and weaknesses, and so on.

Art to accompany your class creation should be optional.

For the coloring contest, maybe we should preface it with making the coloring book art, and pick a winner and then have the coloring contest based on that?

Anal bum cover went over well, how about round 2?

Edited by Woodus
  • Upvote 1

As for a new contest suggestion, how about a design a job class contest? We come up with a brand new class for the series with a skill tree (or trees if we go with the 8 and 9 formula of multiple paths), their strengths and weaknesses, and so on.

Or a design a class's looks contest. Skills and stats should be optional. ;)

Or a design a class's looks contest. Skills and stats should be optional. ;)

No, creating skill sets and abilities is just as important, if not more so.