Give us some more ideas!

No shipping. Just....$#!& no.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you're used to asking people that.

Write your own plot/story for builders 2?

Heh heh, an album cover.  Celebrity Jeopardy at its finest. 

Posted Images

I guess "people" = one person. K whatevs.

Or maybe something that involves a bit more writing. Create a short Dragon Quest style story.

Now see, this is a good idea. I'm all for a writing contest. Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe Contests to see who can complete certain challenge runs or fights? 

Like say "Reach the Ultimate Dragovian Trial of VIII with a Sub-Level 50 party" This does not mean reach the Ultimate Dragon, just have access to that trial.

Or a speedrun-esque contest to see who can get the shortest completion times in certain games. 

Or classic Party restriction contests. Like "Defeat Estark in DQMJ/DQMJ2 with Rank C or below monsters."

I'm all for challenge run contests. We did something similar when the mobile re-releases happened, and I was hoping we could continue them in some way.

I'm all for speed runs or challenge runs. A good one for DQ5 would be the game and not recruit ANY monsters outside Saber.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Or maybe something that involves a bit more writing. Create a short Dragon Quest style story.

Now see, this is a good idea. I'm all for a writing contest.

The Hero from DQ4 meets the Hero from DQ5.

"..." The DQ4 Hero says

"..." The DQ5 Hero replies with.

fin.

• Upvote 1

Now see, this is a good idea. I'm all for a writing contest.

The Hero from DQ4 meets the Hero from DQ5.

"..." The DQ4 Hero says

"..." The DQ5 Hero replies with.

fin.

Oscar winning script right there.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I've been slammed with work lately. My wife has been working at my school for 7 weeks now and we carpool. I used to get to work like 30-60 minutes early daily and get stuff done. She's a PE teacher and has no need for that (and she's 8.5 months pregnant) so now I show up right on time. So, I'm having to shift that work time somewhere else. Spring Break soon. I'll need to get something else started ASAP!

A good one for DQ5 would be the game and not recruit ANY monsters outside Saber.

Nah, there's a whole guide on Gamefaqs for a Human Only run.

Its much easier than you think. the only challenging parts are the parts in Gen II where you're alone.

I'm all for challenge run contests. We did something similar when the mobile re-releases happened, and I was hoping we could continue them in some way.

I'll be honest, I completely dropped the ball on that with DQHTWTWATBB.  Meant to do a Lightspeed Challenge for that game & it just slipped my mind.

I'll be honest, I completely dropped the ball on that with DQHTWTWATBB.  Meant to do a Lightspeed Challenge for that game & it just slipped my mind.

It's still doable. Since it's almost 6 months out, could do something like choose a challenge and have the quickest time.

Oh, yeah, I'd be down for a writing contest or DQifying an existing board game! :)

Board Game Time!

Really? :o I can't wait!
Was going to get it up today, but my own popularity did me in.

Had an extra hour of free time midday toady as my 4th graders were gone, but my room filled up with 6th and 7th graders coming to visit as they noticed my room was empty. About a dozen hung out for so long I didn't get to it.

Edited by Plattym3

I'll be honest, I completely dropped the ball on that with DQHTWTWATBB. Meant to do a Lightspeed Challenge for that game & it just slipped my mind.

It's still doable. Since it's almost 6 months out, could do something like choose a challenge and have the quickest time.

Well, let me explain exactly what our lightspeed runs were. It's not doable now. See, we started these lightspeed run contests the day the mobile games got released and anyone of the top 10 people who could finish the game in X number of weeks (depending on the game, we lengthened and shortened it accordingly) got the lightspeed badge. I'm on it for the DQVII and DQVIII releases, but plenty of people have beaten DQHTWTWATBB by now, so it's not really feasible.

Wracking my brain, I can't really come up with a challenge for DQHTWTWATBB that we'd be assured that someone hasn't already done at this point. The point of those contests was more to reward those players that bought and played the game. We hoped in our own little way we were supporting purchasing DQ and thereby getting us more DQ. Who knows? Maybe it worked!

I was afraid there would be a light speed contest for the 3DS games. Gotta get them badges (but not really)...

I'll be honest, I completely dropped the ball on that with DQHTWTWATBB. Meant to do a Lightspeed Challenge for that game & it just slipped my mind.

Well, let me explain exactly what our lightspeed runs were. It's not doable now. See, we started these lightspeed run contests the day the mobile games got released and anyone of the top 10 people who could finish the game in X number of weeks (depending on the game, we lengthened and shortened it accordingly) got the lightspeed badge. I'm on it for the DQVII and DQVIII releases, but plenty of people have beaten DQHTWTWATBB by now, so it's not really feasible.

Wracking my brain, I can't really come up with a challenge for DQHTWTWATBB that we'd be assured that someone hasn't already done at this point. The point of those contests was more to reward those players that bought and played the game. We hoped in our own little way we were supporting purchasing DQ and thereby getting us more DQ. Who knows? Maybe it worked!

Wouldn't be for speed, but we could give out the badge here (from the game) you get for collecting all other trophies in the game and you could let it run for a while yet.

Wouldn't be for speed, but we could give out the badge here (from the game) you get for collecting all other trophies in the game and you could let it run for a while yet.

A completionist badge?

That sounds like my kind of badge. I don't have Heroes, but if there was a Completionist contest I would be all for it.

After all Platty, you've seen my efforts with another franchise and trying to complete it entirely. ;)

• Upvote 1