Give us some more ideas!

Platty, If you provide me with an address at some point, I can mail you a couple of those DQ8 posters I have. I need to lay them out and make sure they are all in pretty good shape. A few had some damage on one of the corners, but if you stuck it in a frame you'd barely notice. I'd send them via a tube because they are quite big.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you're used to asking people that.

Write your own plot/story for builders 2?

Heh heh, an album cover.  Celebrity Jeopardy at its finest. 

Posted Images

I liked the old DQ name that tune contests. I'd be willing to put another one together myself.

You're hired. Yes, that'd be cool. Me, I wrote a post years ago entitled "Music, who needs it?" or something like that. I have zero appreciation for video game music as I play them 99% on mute. But I'd be willing to get that all up and running if you put the songs together!

Great! I'll start putting it together when I get back home from Montana next week.

After looking through some of the older contests I was going to suggest this, but looks like Erdrick's already on it! I'm looking forward to this one. :) 

A contest to come up with the next contest!

A contest to come up with the next contest!

Contest-ception. BWAAAAAAAAM.

How about a contest involving mixing Dragon Quest's humour with other series? ...I'll admit that this isn't a very Dragon Quest-y idea, so feel free to save it for when the contest ideas are down to the emergency rations. The main idea that I can think of with that concept involves taking enemies from other series and giving them Dragon Quest-y names. For example, a theoretical moth cross bee Pokemon (there isn't one) could be called BeeheMoth using Dragon Quest's humour. Or a Flower Flan from Final Fantasy (again, I don't think there is one) could become Budding Pudding. Or an Arrghus from Zelda could be a Lookin'Goo'd. Whichever one is the best while keeping Dragon Quest's style wins. Of course, enemies with names that already work, like Fantasy Life's Pandamonium, don't count (unless you can think of an alternative pun).

• Upvote 1

How about a contest involving mixing Dragon Quest's humour with other series? ...I'll admit that this isn't a very Dragon Quest-y idea, so feel free to save it for when the contest ideas are down to the emergency rations. The main idea that I can think of with that concept involves taking enemies from other series and giving them Dragon Quest-y names. For example, a theoretical moth cross bee Pokemon (there isn't one) could be called BeeheMoth using Dragon Quest's humour. Or a Flower Flan from Final Fantasy (again, I don't think there is one) could become Budding Pudding. Or an Arrghus from Zelda could be a Lookin'Goo'd. Whichever one is the best while keeping Dragon Quest's style wins. Of course, enemies with names that already work, like Fantasy Life's Pandamonium, don't count (unless you can think of an alternative pun).

I think your idea is more Dragon Questy than you think! Many of the discussions around here are about other game series. This definitely holds merit! And it's not an art contest. We do a lot of them.

Good idea for a contest. Although I would add a "disclaimer" that it only sounds "Dragon Quest" as it is currently being treated in the West. We wouldn't want people to think that's the real Dragon Quest way, would we? ;)

Good idea for a contest. Although I would add a "disclaimer" that it only sounds "Dragon Quest" as it is currently being treated in the West. We wouldn't want people to think that's the real Dragon Quest way, would we? ;)

True.

We could call it "localise anothed game to NA DQ standards!"

Edited by Plattym3

Anyone watching Galavant this season, it has very Dragon Questy puns in it. Last night they had a healer Neo of Sporrin ;)

Here's an idea: let's do something similar to our Favorite Male/Female character contest, but specifically focus on the heroes.

Maybe something like "which would win in an all out battle?" sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

That's a great idea imagine Melvin vs Ragnar , maribell vs Ashlynn , carver vs Alena , there could also be team battles, DQ 5 Family vs DQ 8 party, or even battle royales, Bianca vs nera ve Deborah see if the wife you chose was the strongest or monster battles slime vs slime knight a tournament between all main heros and a tournament between villains

You're misinterpreting my post:

When I say heroes, I mean the protagonists only. As in the characters who never talk.

We've already done villain focused contests, and contests over the other cast members both male and female.

• Upvote 1

I had an interesting idea yesterday evening for a contest. I thought it was a pretty original idea, so I decided to post it.

Dragon Quest board game/card game concepts! 

The contest would have us coming up with ideas for a DQ-themed board game, or card game (or I guess any table-top kind of game). You'd make up some rules, give it a name, and then if you want to, you could go further, designing a board, pieces, and whatever else you wanted to go an extra step. 

Then, once the deadline was reached, games could be judged by a member vote like usual (or maybe with judges? I dunno), and the top one/top 3/top whatever could get badges.

I think this one would be cool because there would be a lot of diversity in the submissions, and I'm sure some people would take it above and beyond, which would be fun to see.

What do you guys think?

Here is a contest a idea, whoever makes the most DQ topics in one day.(lol inside jokes)

Please no :(

I think it's a great idea, but there most likely would be few submissions.

Oh, yeah, I guess so, huh? :P Ah, well, it was worth a shot.

Edited by gooieooie

What if instead of making our own game, we base it off an existing, like Monopoly. We take a regular monopoly board and then put a Dragon Quest spin on it. Like renaming all the properties to Dragon Quest themed ones.

What if instead of making our own game, we base it off an existing, like Monopoly. We take a regular monopoly board and then put a Dragon Quest spin on it. Like renaming all the properties to Dragon Quest themed ones.

DQify contests typically get good results. DQify a game! I like it.

Heres an idea yugioh card contest. We make Dragon Quest inspired yugioh cards. Also what about a shipping meme contest.

I'm unsure what you mean by "shipping meme".