Give us some more ideas!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you're used to asking people that.

Write your own plot/story for builders 2?

Heh heh, an album cover.  Celebrity Jeopardy at its finest. 

Posted Images

I liked the old DQ name that tune contests. I'd be willing to put another one together myself.

I liked the old DQ name that tune contests. I'd be willing to put another one together myself.

You're hired. Yes, that'd be cool. Me, I wrote a post years ago entitled "Music, who needs it?" or something like that. I have zero appreciation for video game music as I play them 99% on mute. But I'd be willing to get that all up and running if you put the songs together!

Have you ever done a contest where you win an actual item? I have several DQ 8 posters laying around that I've had for years and could probably use a home.

That gives me flashbacks to a "contest" another user put out there where all we had to do was post why we love DQ. He even posted a video of the possible prizes.

...never heard from again, and apparently it was the second time he had pulled this stunt.

• Upvote 1

Have you ever done a contest where you win an actual item? I have several DQ 8 posters laying around that I've had for years and could probably use a home.

That gives me flashbacks to a "contest" another user put out there where all we had to do was post why we love DQ. He even posted a video of the possible prizes.

...never heard from again, and apparently it was the second time he had pulled this stunt.

Well I wouldn't do that. I'd send a couple of the posters to Platty and then he could do whatever he wanted with them. They've been sitting in my closet for like, 10 years.

Well I wouldn't do that. I'd send a couple of the posters to Platty and then he could do whatever he wanted with them. They've been sitting in my closet for like, 10 years.

Actually, yes.  I've put up a deck of DQ cards for a winner before.  I think it was the contest to guess what the copyrights on Seeds of Salvation & Legends of the... were going to be.

I'd love to have a real prize!

Here's an idea:

Dragon Quest-ify a movie title.

Here's an idea:

Dragon Quest-ify a movie title.

I second this. Would we make movie posters, similar to the album cover contest?

That's not a bad idea at all. I think I remember Cesar making a movie poster for something at one point.

The album contest had one hell of a turnout too.

Maybe a contest where you make a poster for a movie that's a play on a current movie and with DQ characters. Like (and this is a horrible, 10 seconds of thought idea) "Bar Wars" with pictures of the infamous DQVIII bar fight and starring certain cast.

How do you like that?

That's exactly the idea I had.

Oh, I meant the way you described the contest.

But I did like your bar wars idea.

• Upvote 1

We did do that once #76 if you want to see the contest post

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19709

And Entries 1

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19875

And Entries 2

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19876

Edited by Woodus

Ah, that was during Platty - The Forgotten Years.

Cool.  Seemed to have a lot of interest and now 4.5 years later we'll do it again.  Awesome, I can just cut and paste contest rules.  Haha!

We should call it "DQ-ify a Movie Title: The Remix Edition."

Damnit.  Yangus, I blame you :laugh: I meant that topic title to say DQ-ify a Movie POSTER: The Remix Edition :baa: 

Edited by Plattym3

Well maybe you run it as two contests, one just for the title and one if you want to do the poster as well, in case someone doesn't want to submit a visual poster (but you can't use the same movie/title in both entries?)

Damnit. Yangus, I blame you :laugh: I meant that topic title to say DQ-ify a Movie POSTER: The Remix Edition :baa:

Even when I'm not myself, I'm stirring up trouble, eh guv?
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You're hired. Yes, that'd be cool. Me, I wrote a post years ago entitled "Music, who needs it?" or something like that. I have zero appreciation for video game music as I play them 99% on mute. But I'd be willing to get that all up and running if you put the songs together!

Great! I'll start putting it together when I get back home from Montana next week.