Platty, Platty, he's our man.

If he can't do it nobody can.

• Upvote 1

Sorry guys, I take things hyper literally.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Why exactly are you sorry for having said and done nothing wrong (I wish someone would say that to me more often...)?

Why exactly are you sorry for having said and done nothing wrong (I wish someone would say that to me more often...)?

When in doubt, apologize. One of my personal policies.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I honestly see us getting it, and it having a 17.99 price-tag.

Mobile is a -much- more accessible market, and I think they would release it there.

I could apply this to my DQVII posts. Since no one really knows, it's in doubt. So...

I'm sorry, it's not coming.

I honestly see us getting it, and it having a 17.99 price-tag.

Mobile is a -much- more accessible market, and I think they would release it there.

I personally don't see it doing too well on mobile. So far, the best selling DQ game on mobile is DQ 1. All the rest did terribly, in comparison. For me, if I had a choice between 3DS and mobile, I'd definitely get it for 3DS and I'm guessing that the overall numbers of the fanbase would favor a 3DS version as well. Maybe we should make a poll here, I'm just curious about the numbers.

Of course, there's no reason why we shouldn't get it. The more platforms any game is on, the better. I just don't want it to be an exclusively mobile title. But I don't think even Squeenix is that stupid.

I could apply this to my DQVII posts. Since no one really knows, it's in doubt. So...

I'm sorry, it's not coming.

I wanted to make a 'Your Mom' joke here, but it felt too mean.

Yo momma so fat, she makes a King Slime look like a She-Slime!

• Upvote 1

This would be highly unlikely but I really hope they don't just release on mobile and leave it at that. No offense to people who like mobile gaming, but it's not the same feeling as an actual handheld console release.

This so much this. I hope that they will translate late and release it on both 3DS and Mobile because it wouldn't make sense not to if they go through the trouble of localizing it and it being released on two formats makes them that much more likely to turn a profit on it..I knew I liked you Nerevar.

• Upvote 1

Yo' mamma so fat she ate Rhapthorne, his entire army, and was still hungry.

Yo' mamma so fat, she could lay down and spread a land bridge from Trodain to Argonia.

Yo' mamma so fat, her farts are so massive and powerful, they rip open wormholes between worlds.

Edited by ignasia7

Yo mamma so fat, her own density caused a ripple in space, landing her on top of Zenus at the exact moment Corvus tried to kill him, effectively splattering him into his individual parts.

This would be highly unlikely but I really hope they don't just release on mobile and leave it at that. No offense to people who like mobile gaming, but it's not the same feeling as an actual handheld console release.

This so much this. I hope that they will translate late and release it on both 3DS and Mobile because it wouldn't make sense not to if they go through the trouble of localizing it and it being released on two formats makes them that much more likely to turn a profit on it..I knew I liked you Nerevar.

Yeah, in this day and age, there's really no excuse for console exclusivity. I would actually prefer that SE start putting all the DQ games on Steam too. I'd buy every single one of those suckers.

But that'll happen just as soon as I sprout wings and learn to fly.

With DQ8, it could happen easily enough, they did the mobile port in Unity.

I dunno about the two trilogies, but with some tooling, it could be done.

All they need to do is release the PS2 version with the new script. I wouldn't even care that you couldn't marry Deborah. I just want to play that version, so badly. My perfect edition of DQ V would have the graphic style of the PS2 version, the music of the symphonic suite, and the script of the DS version.

All they need to do is release the PS2 version with the new script. I wouldn't even care that you couldn't marry Deborah. I just want to play that version, so badly. My perfect edition of DQ V would have the graphic style of the PS2 version, the music of the symphonic suite, and the script of the DS version.

You are talking about two different games.

IV-VIII (most likely including VII, but possibly not) should be relatively simple to port to PC, as they are all built on Unity.

You are talking about two different games.

I know that. I was talking about DQ V.

• 3 weeks later...

If they release either the DS or the mobile version here in the West, they'll probably release the other. They wouldn't go to the trouble to translate it if they didn't have plans to release both. Plus, the demand for this one can't be much higher or lower than the others to casual DQ fans. All of the hard core fans have probably gotten all of them by now. And the casual DQ fans are either trying to start with I and losing interest, or just grabbing that one more so out of nostalgia. Anyway, I'd be surprised if they left this single one out of the Western collection. I imagine, since they built this one from scratch, someone redid the script, and they are currently working on translating it. Because the rest of the game is already built and waiting for it!

If they release either the DS or the mobile version here in the West, they'll probably release the other. They wouldn't go to the trouble to translate it if they didn't have plans to release both. Plus, the demand for this one can't be much higher or lower than the others to casual DQ fans. All of the hard core fans have probably gotten all of them by now. And the casual DQ fans are either trying to start with I and losing interest, or just grabbing that one more so out of nostalgia. Anyway, I'd be surprised if they left this single one out of the Western collection. I imagine, since they built this one from scratch, someone redid the script, and they are currently working on translating it. Because the rest of the game is already built and waiting for it!

DQI has had the most sales (on Google Play) out of any of the mobile releases, even DQ8. Like, it's disproportionately higher. Which really blows, because DQI is probably one of the weakest in the series, it being so basic and primitive in comparison to everything from III and up.

DQI has had the most sales (on Google Play) out of any of the mobile releases, even DQ8. Like, it's disproportionately higher. Which really blows, because DQI is probably one of the weakest in the series, it being so basic and primitive in comparison to everything from III and up.

Yeah, but it's cheap.  Cheaper apps = more sales.  Just how it is  :cry2:

Yeah, but it's cheap.  Cheaper apps = more sales.  Just how it is  :cry2:

That's true. I personally thing SE is charging way too much for DQ 4, 5, 6, & 8 (that one especially). Yes, we all probably think they're worth that much money because we love them, but in reality this just creates a high barrier for new comers. I want SE to sell as many of these apps as possible and they'll never do that by releasing Portrait-Locked ports for $15 or higher. For that much money, I would personally rather own the game on something that isn't a mobile device. I'm sure there are many nonfans who are put off from trying them for that very reason.

It's just SE being SE.

Edited by AustNerevar
  • Upvote 1

That's definitely a problem.  It shouldn't take much effort to allow shifting of orientation to landscape.  When I had a smartphone, I preferred playing in that mode.

Meh, I like it.

But they do need to lower the prices of all of them. All of their titles. The FFs should be all under $10. The DQs? Keep 1-3 the same price, turn 4-6 to 9.99. 8 can be 14.99.

• Upvote 2