Buying Gems

Is it possible to buy gems using Android? Has anyone been able to do it yet?

Yeah, you buy them like any other IAP. Works fine.

• Upvote 1

Every time I tried to purchase them, it would deny my card...This may just be my bank being paranoid about a charge coming from Singapore, though. I was able to work around that by using PayPal. It also accepts Google Play credit without issue.

• Upvote 1

You know better than this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2luhwy3KAE0

Normally, I would agree with you. I don't really like the free 2 play or freemium models.

However, this is DQ and I'm "supporting the franchise". It's why I was okay with spending 20 dollars for my Constitution class starship and uniforms in Star Trek Online. There isn't any new Trek on TV and if the only way I can support the franchise is by buying stuff I want in STO, then so be it. It's not a terrible game, all the time, either.

Edited by AustNerevar
  • Upvote 2

Well, you're technically supporting it in Singapore. I'm sure the fanbase there thanks you for it all the same.

• Upvote 2

Hey a SE Asia release means an English release so I'm still for it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BTW I figured out PayPal worked. Had problems with Google Credit working.

BTW I figured out PayPal worked. Had problems with Google Credit working.

That's strange. Google Play Credit worked fine for me.

What a total cocktease that would be. All these games in English, all region-blocked from us. At least then Square Enix wouldn't have any more excuses.

And by supporting SE Asia, you're supporting the president that shut down Enix in America. Twice.

If he's part of Squeenix, any support of Squeenix is technically supporting him. It's a lose, lose there but I'm not about to stop buying DQ games. If I were to stop buying DQ games over shitty business decisions I didn't like from Enix and then the "ovolved" Squeenix, I would have stopped buying DQ games a loooooong time ago.

• Upvote 1

It's supporting him in a "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" kind of way. He doesn't get money for American releases. It just helps Square Enix itself grow and grow. Popularity in one region makes it more likely you'll see it in another. But I guess in that way you're supporting American Dragon Quest. In a very, very small way.

I'm just supporting an English release of a DQ that I want to play. They don't want to do a NA release? Fine. I'll play the SE Asia release. Not in anyway ideal, but I'll take it.

• Upvote 2

Hey, support what's making you happy. It's a sorry state of affairs when the foreign version of an existing company in your country is getting your support. 

• Upvote 1

Can't argue with you there unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I was able to pay for 200 Gems OK. And I want this in North America region but Square Enix needs to get its head out of its ass and realize the fan base for DQ games has grown here to be worth translating and releasing every game, esp. the PS1 and PS2 DQ games in English on the Playstation Network. I also really want to play DQ X in English and the Dragon Quest VII remake.

• Upvote 1

esp. the PS1 and PS2 DQ games in English on the Playstation Network.

Well, we got half of those when they were first released. I imagine it would be good for the series if they were put on the PSN though.

If they do PS2 games on PSN for the PS4, I would actually expect a re-release of DQ8.

DQ7 should've been on PSN a long, long while ago, though.

• Upvote 1

If they do PS2 games on PSN for the PS4, I would actually expect a re-release of DQ8.

DQ7 should've been on PSN a long, long while ago, though.

I am surprised at how charming 7 was. I didn't think I'd fall in love with it, when I first started it, and it took so long to play that I was just ready to be done with it around halfway through (especially considering I was growing tired of that particular engine, having beat DQ 4, 5, & 6 just before starting 7....they're all the same)....but after finishing it, I kind of miss the characters, even though the translations was meh, to me. That game can really grow on you. I wasn't expecting it to make my Top 3 DQ Games List, to say the least.