"Not available in SEA version yet"

What does this mean in the DQM Super Light Monster Lists? If they're not available... why do we think they're coming?

Sorry, I haven't had to chance to mess around with this game yet and I'm wondering why we have reason to think they ARE coming if they're not in it now... Future DLC? Micro-transactions? Japan got a version called 'Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Pro?'

The Japanese version is ahead of the SEA version.

It'll get the monsters, eventually.

By about 1.5 years.  So, yeah, plenty of content to come.

So... how does that work? I've never had a mobile game that added content, unless it was a patch/update. Are these extra monsters paid micro-transactions or something, since the game itself was free? They've got to make some money on it somewhere :)

You should play FFRK, Final Fantasy Record Keeper. It's much like Super Light.

And no, it's just added content that is patched into the game. They make their money through GEM sales, just as FFRK makes money through mythril sales.

Games like FFRK and Super Light are super-awesome, in that the ingame limits are pretty good. In Super Light, you can do a quickie dungeon then be back to full with either 100 gems you get from logging in, or waiting a few minutes. The same goes for FFRK, but your stamina there refills faster.

• Upvote 1

So... how does that work? I've never had a mobile game that added content, unless it was a patch/update. Are these extra monsters paid micro-transactions or something, since the game itself was free? They've got to make some money on it somewhere :)

Those two downloads that took awhile that you had to do when you first started playing?  When they add new content, you get to do that again, basically.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. What fun having to sit there while the game updates. ;)

By about 1.5 years. So, yeah, plenty of content to come.

Those two downloads that took awhile that you had to do when you first started playing? When they add new content, you get to do that again, basically.
Depending how you look at it, American localizations are at an advantage, requiring fewer players to keep going because it requires less work. New content is released as it maintains its popularity in its motherland. Meanwhile, it only needs to be translated. So we continue to get content as long as it's popular in Japan, yet it doesn't need to be nearly as popular in the States. Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1