Grilled Cheese Question

Do you eat a grilled cheese with ketchup?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ignasia7 needs mayo badly!

Tiael shot the mayo.

Edited by Tiael
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I'd already seen the depths of depravity capable by man.   Yet little did I know that there are three sickos out there who put ketchup on their grilled cheese. What has happened to the wor

Interesting, all of you. Me, I do what I consider what a normal person eating grilled cheese would do: throw it in the garbage. Because grilled cheese is disgusting.

I've never actually heard of doing that. I usually but cold cuts like turkey on my grilled cheese, if we don't have that, than some black pepper.   I put ketchup on my egg sandwiches though. Does th

Tiael shot the mayo.

Eww, it tastes sweet and salty.

Wut

• Upvote 1

Unfortunate timing on that one.

Was more mimicking (Name) shot the food from Gauntlet.

Tiael shot the mayo.

Eww, it tastes sweet and salty.

Wut
This post is probably one of the most delightful things I've read in a while

Hey, he had something sweet and salty before I shot the mayo.

The timeline of events doesn't work!

I've never ate grilled cheese with ketchup, but being the fire breathing diner type that I am, I like to put ground Cayenne Pepper on the slices of cheese before I start making them.

Seriously you lot! Expand! Try it with ketchup! It tastes pretty good!

Seriously you lot! Expand! Try it with ketchup! It tastes pretty good!

Don't tell me what to do, bruh. 1V1 me, quickscopes only. My MLGPROSKILLS will destroy your grilled cheese with ketchup game.

Edited by NecroBanana

I've never ate grilled cheese with ketchup, but being the fire breathing diner type that I am, I like to put ground Cayenne Pepper on the slices of cheese before I start making them.

That sounds good to me, I will have to try that (will substitute Sriracha for ketchup many times), I put cayenne on my soup that I bring to work for lunch, gives it a nice boost.

When I was a kid, I used to have ketchup on grilled cheese all the time. If there was no ketchup, I wouldn't have it.

...Well OK yeah I would, whatever 

But when I was about... ten years old? I stopped. There wasn't a reason for it, I just didn't like opening the sandwich to add the ketchup inside. And so I don't ever put it on anymore, unless there's a bottle of ketchup nearby. 

I thought I'd already seen the depths of depravity capable by man.

Yet little did I know that there are three sickos out there who put ketchup on their grilled cheese. What has happened to the world?

• Upvote 2

Whoa...now hold on I didn't say ON the grilled cheese it has to be dipped for me ;)

Whoa...now hold on I didn't say ON the grilled cheese it has to be dipped for me ;)

I, too, am a dipper

That's still bad enough. There are just some things you do not mix. It's like people who dip their fries in ice cream...putting aside the diabetic coma you're asking for, how can you stomach something so sweet and cold on something so salty and hot? Ew.

I once partook in vanilla ice cream with mustard and ketchup.

I don't know why.

That's still bad enough. There are just some things you do not mix. It's like people who dip their fries in ice cream...putting aside the diabetic coma you're asking for, how can you stomach something so sweet and cold on something so salty and hot? Ew.

Perhaps because, somethings that seem like they won't work when combined, do, and sometimes render a superior product.

Dipping Wendies fries in a Vanilla Frosty is really tasty.  Try it before you slam it.  You never know how you'll feel about it.

I think I'll try a Grilled Cheese with Ketchup today.  Any preferences on cheese type?  I currently have Cheddar and Jarlsburg.

I don't know why.

...words cannot describe.  Did you hit your head really really hard beforehand?  Did some girl dump you, and in the midst of your deep depression, instead of dumping the fries with Mustard and Ketchup, you sprayed it into your ice cream?

Did something horribly shocking occur the moment before, putting your brain in a near catatonic state, where you were nearly sleep walking for those few hours under which such insanity was undertaken?

Edited by ignasia7

I use whatever is around the house, kraft singles, mozzarella, pepper jack, cheddar, etc, or a combo of them :)

I have tried fries with ice cream. It's revolting.

When I worked at Chick-fil-A we would drop a piece of cheesecake into a cup of milkshake mix, throw in the ice cream, chocolate syrup, and mix it all together for the richest, smoothest, most glorious dessert you could ever have. I'm pretty sure there were like 3000 calories in one of those, but God was it amazing.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

That sounds good to me, I will have to try that (will substitute Sriracha for ketchup many times), I put cayenne on my soup that I bring to work for lunch, gives it a nice boost.

I also have a similar recipe using dark chocolate instead of cheese.

I have tried fries with ice cream. It's revolting.

When I worked at Chick-fil-A we would drop a piece of cheesecake into a cup of milkshake mix, throw in the ice cream, chocolate syrup, and mix it all together for the richest, smoothest, most glorious dessert you could ever have. I'm pretty sure there were like 3000 calories in one of those, but God was it amazing.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Sounds really good.  That reminds me when I worked at Starbucks.

They have that really really really rich chocolate drink.  Now, if you take the mix, add some heavy cream, then blend it with a hint of vanilla, and put it in the freezer, you get this really really rich chocolate ice cream.  Another thing we'd do is take the vanilla bean frap mix (which is really vanilla powder with actual finally chopped vanilla beans...yes, it's the real thing, and VERY high quality vanilla too...Haagen Das would be jealous, if you know anyone who works at one, and like vanilla, and want to make your own ice cream, yeah, that's a superior base to use).

Anyway, we'd take the vanilla, mix it with 2 parts frap mix, 3 parts heavy cream, 3 parts of some particular...OH right, toffee nut syrup.  Then freeze that for a really awesome, almost like malt treat.  Almost like malt, but without the malt flavour, just the consistency.

I always say, if you're going to eat something that is supposed to be purely based on taste, make it taste damn good.  I don't eat ice cream to diet, I eat it because my soul demands it taste like ice cream.  So I don't touch the crap at most super markets.  Has a Gum in it?  Ha, I'll let it rot on the shelf, and let someone without any concept of what ice cream should taste like eat it.

I will say that I started working for Starbucks a healthy 175, and left a gigantic mess of over 260lbs.  It was bad, LOL.

I use whatever is around the house, kraft singles, mozzarella, pepper jack, cheddar, etc, or a combo of them :)

Cheddar it is then.  I shall give my opinion on this method of enjoying one of my favourite foods.  I'll make one to eat with Ketchup, one without.

Edited by ignasia7

Sandwich 1:

2 slices Trader Joes Multigrain bread, Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese.  Cooked in Butter in a pan, with the bread pre-thawed slowly on warm, in my toaster oven.  The top layer gets hard, the bottom soft.  Place cheese on the top layers.

Sandwich 2:

2 slices TJ's Multigrain, Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced tomato.  Cooked in Butter in a pan.  Same setup with the warming/placement of internal ingredients.

The test, Grilled Cheese with Ketchup!

I decided to try just the normal cheese sandwich first.  The ketchup goes VERY well with the bread, but it masks the cheese.  However, it's strangely addictive.  The extra salty taste combined with a hint of sugar really kicks in a desire for more dipping.  That said, it is no longer a grilled cheese sandwich, because the cheese is completely overtaken by the Ketchup.

I tried the second sandwich, and I have to say, with the tomato, the ketchup works even better.  For some reason the Tomato mellows the ketchup's saltiness, and expands the sweetness just a slight margin higher.  It's quite tasty.  However, the cheese is entirely overpowered in this mixture.  While good, it ruins the experience of a Grilled Cheese sandwich.

Conclusion:

I get why people do like it, but I won't be doing this again.  I'll save my Ketchup for certain things, like Thousand Island Dressing, fries, and breakfast sandwiches.

Perhaps because, somethings that seem like they won't work when combined, do, and sometimes render a superior product.

Dipping Wendies fries in a Vanilla Frosty is really tasty.  Try it before you slam it.  You never know how you'll feel about it.

I think I'll try a Grilled Cheese with Ketchup today.  Any preferences on cheese type?  I currently have Cheddar and Jarlsburg.

I don't know why.

...words cannot describe.  Did you hit your head really really hard beforehand?  Did some girl dump you, and in the midst of your deep depression, instead of dumping the fries with Mustard and Ketchup, you sprayed it into your ice cream?

Did something horribly shocking occur the moment before, putting your brain in a near catatonic state, where you were nearly sleep walking for those few hours under which such insanity was undertaken?

None of the above.

Yeah well, forget you.

I'm only looking out for you Tiael, just in case it ever happens again!  One cannot be too careful...

When I was a little kid I used to put jelly on my grilled cheese sandwiches. Mmmm... That was good. But then again, I was a weird kid.