If he's a Sage they get all Mage and Priest spells.

Stay as is.

If you have problems with Divinegon, it might be a good idea to make 3 Thieves, get them quickly to 50, then grind for seeds.  He's actually tough, about as difficult as Nokturnus was, if you're level 45, and only have maybe 2 upper tier classes, one mastered, and the other other mastered, or near mastered.  Very doable, just a lot of points where he can surprise you, and of course you lack a wagon and extra meatbags or one-round heal machines to save your ass.

Edited by ignasia7

I guess I forgot about that, but I thought they might get a stat increae from going through an additional class and then going back to Sage

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I guess I forgot about that, but I thought they might get a stat increae from going through an additional class and then going back to Sage

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

That depends.  At this point you'd have to spend time getting up to about level 40 each time, as a minimum, 50 as a recommended, before a class transition.  Granted, this is possible, around Rimuldar, within about 1 hour's time, either with luck with Liquid Metal Slimes, or abusing Goopi's for their Stone friends or Boss Trolls.

Just to give you an idea of the differences in difficulty.  From my FAQ:

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Zoma (Full Power, Zoma's Citadel) STATS:

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

HP: 4500 | MP: 255 | ATK: 500 | DEF: 350 | 2x: 100% | DODGE: 0%

Special: Regen (90-110 HP per turn)

Actions: Freezing Blizzard (50%), Attack (12.5%), Bounce (12.5%),

Disruptive Wave (12.5%), Kacrackle (12.5%)

Useful Damage Spells: None, Immune to EVERYTHING

Useful Status Effects: None, Immune to EVERYTHING

Damage Breakdown:

Attack - 170~259

Kacrackle - 55~65

Freezing Blizzard - 100~137

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Zoma (Weakened, Zoma's Citadel) STATS:

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

HP: 4700 | MP: 255 | ATK: 360 | DEF: 200 | 2x: 100% | DODGE: 0%

Actions: Attack (37.5%), Disruptive Wave (25%), Freezing Blizzard (25%),

Kacrackle (12.5%)

Useful Damage Spells: Zap/Fire (0%) | Wind (70%)

Useful Status Effects: Sap (0%)

Damage Breakdown:

Attack - 122~186

Kacrackle - 55~65

====

That regen he has in full power also makes a huge difference, and is probably the hardest element to overcome (especially in light of his Defense power, for this reason more than one Fighter is generally recommended at level 99, just for the critical rate).

Xenlon/Divinegon:

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Xenlon (Bonus Dungeon) STATS:

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

HP: 7300 | MP: 255 | ATK: 400 | DEF: 350 | 2x: 50% | DODGE: 0%

Actions: Attacks (12.5%), Stares (12.5%), Disruptive Wave (12.5%),

Chews (12.5%), Flops (12.5%), Kaboom (12.5%),

Freezing Blizzard (12.5%), Scorch (12.5%)

Useful Damage Spells: All (0%)

Useful Status Effects: None

Damage Breakdown:

Attack - 136~207

Chews - 204~311

Flops - 136~207

Kaboom - 60~80

Scorch - 140~170

He can still give you problems, and would probably be harder than Zoma had he any regen ability, and maybe shared Zoma's full strength stat of 500...as those Flops, Chews, and Attacks would hurt a lot.  Helps that he uses Kaboom as well, and has only a 50% double rate.

Edited by ignasia7

Yeah, I'm having a lot of problems with Xenlon. My Hero is 53, and the rest of my party are around 40 - 43. I could reclass them to gain stat boosts, but that would take a lot of grinding. I may just grind them as is, up to level 50 and then try taking on Xenlon. That bonus dungeon, though...from Cloudsgate Citadel upward is pretty tough. By the time I get to Xenlon I have very little MP left.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of problems with Xenlon. My Hero is 53, and the rest of my party are around 40 - 43. I could reclass them to gain stat boosts, but that would take a lot of grinding. I may just grind them as is, up to level 50 and then try taking on Xenlon. That bonus dungeon, though...from Cloudsgate Citadel upward is pretty tough. By the time I get to Xenlon I have very little MP left.