I did a search for this, but couldn't find anything. In Patty's Party Planning Place, there's an NPC who tells you Gadabouts are useless. Is this true? I was planning on using one because I've never really seen one in action before, but if I would be better off avoiding that, then maybe I should?

I also made this thread in case anyone else has any questions about DQ3's class system, since it seems a bit different from the class systems in later games. I imagine there are more newcomers to these old games now that they are on mobile.

Isn't Sage just an advanced Mage class? At least, that was the case in DQVII.

Okay, so apparently there is a class progression system? I thought that classes were fixed in DQIII, unlike VI, VII, etc?

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I played the SNES version a little a few years back, but ultimately abandoned it. Decided to start back with the mobile ports.

Sage is a combination class that learns both Priest and Mage spells.

In DQ3, try the following party setup.

Fighter / Priest / Mage

At L30, change the FIghter into a Warrior.

At L35, change the Priest into a Sage with a Book of Satori or whatever they call it in the mobile port, I can't remember.

At L35, do the same with the Mage. You can do it at L32, when they learn Insulate. Insulate is the earliest you should do it, you will be L32 around the Archfiend Baramos fight.

You get a Book of Satori from Rimuldar in Alefgard from a chest, and one from the tower north of Dharma Temple / Alltrades Abbey.

To be honest, having a Gadabout just makes it hard as $#!&. You want a Sage that has the oomps of either a Priest's general stats or a Mage's intelligence. 

You can also for broke, and have a Fighter / Warrior, Priest / Thief OR Warrior OR Merchant, and a Mage / Sage.

Use appropiate personalities as well. Sexy / Vamp for Hero and Fighter, Good Egg or Genius for Priest, and Genius for Mage. You can do all that with books from the Alihan area for the most part, and there's a guide for personality stuff for Hero, though the Mighty Armlet will put them at Paragon, also a good personality.

Jesters, as I knew them are useless but not at the same time. They get whistle, which is good for grinding, and they can turn into the almighty Sage without the needed item. But later in the game, my thief had no problems stealing those books for me. And as Jesters level up, they learn new tricks they can do instead of following your orders...and most of them are bad.

Okay, so I found this book, Primm's Primer in Edina Castle long with a Party Dress and a Smart Suit. The Dress and Suit are actually worth quite a lot, so I was wondering if I should sell them or are they going to be useful later? None of my party members can equip them. Also, what does Primm's Primer do? I had my main Hero read the book and the game said she knows how to be a Princess now, but it didn't really seem to change much. I tried searching for Primm's Primer on the Wiki and via Google, but nobody has any guides with the new naming scheme so I didn't find anything.

I knew that, but I thought this might be different because when I checked my Hero's status, nothing had changed. Usually the personality descriptor changes when you use a book. So is Primm's Primer just an ordinary book?

Ah okay. Thanks for the FAQ.

I don't think I have anything personality altering equipped. Ortega's Helm and the Earthenwear are the only unique equipped items I have.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

If I remember right, The books grant points towards the personality, and sometimes you fall short of actually changing how it appears on your info.

Ah okay. Thanks for the FAQ.

I don't think I have anything personality altering equipped. Ortega's Helm and the Earthenwear are the only unique equipped items I have.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Accessories are what change your personality. Mighty Armlet and whatnot.

Okay, so I found this book, Primm's Primer in Edina Castle long with a Party Dress and a Smart Suit. The Dress and Suit are actually worth quite a lot, so I was wondering if I should sell them or are they going to be useful later? None of my party members can equip them. Also, what does Primm's Primer do? I had my main Hero read the book and the game said she knows how to be a Princess now, but it didn't really seem to change much. I tried searching for Primm's Primer on the Wiki and via Google, but nobody has any guides with the new naming scheme so I didn't find anything.

If you are never making a Thief or Jester, sell them. It'll help with equipment costs in Alefgard.

• Upvote 1

If you are never making a Thief or Jester, sell them. It'll help with equipment costs in Alefgard.

Sweet, I won't be needing them then.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

No pablen.

• Upvote 1

Man, Zoma is just a beast. I can take care of everything before him, but he keeps destroying my party, even after I use Prayer Rings to restore all of my MP and HP beforehand.

You're using the Light Orb, right?

Also called the Sphere of Light in the mobile release.

You get it from the Queen of the Dragons in the world of Alihan.

Castle surrounded by mountains, fairly easy to spot.

Also houses a mini medal in the patch of light in the north part of the castle.

You're using the Light Orb, right?

You mean the Sphere of Light? Nope. Had no idea I was supposed to. That seemed to help a lot. In fact, I may have been overprepared because I kept grinding to catch up to him. My hero is at level 50 and the rest of my party is just around 40.

Isn't there a bonus dungeon in this game or did I imagine reading that somewhere?

Zoma, at full power, is THE most difficult final boss in DQ history.  No other battle comes remotely close.  To prepare you have to make 3 specialized characters, or 4, if you prefer using another character archetype instead of the Hero.

Basically you'll need maxed stats, and one of the following classes for any or all of the three:

Fighter, Sage, Thief.

You'll also need at least 300 MP per, and all spells, or at least 2 with all priest, and 2 with all mage (or 1 with all priest, 1 with all mage, and 1 with both) at MINIMUM.  It's recommended to get all three, or four, with all spells.

Given equipment limitations, the 3x or 4x Fighters is not recommended for the mobile. 2x at best, and either a Thief or a Sage for defensive purposes given their equipment lists.  Clearly all Female ;).

Zoma, at full power, is THE most difficult final boss in DQ history.  No other battle comes remotely close.  To prepare you have to make 3 specialized characters, or 4, if you prefer using another character archetype instead of the Hero.

Basically you'll need maxed stats, and one of the following classes for any or all of the three:

Fighter, Sage, Thief.

You'll also need at least 300 MP per, and all spells, or at least 2 with all priest, and 2 with all mage (or 1 with all priest, 1 with all mage, and 1 with both) at MINIMUM.  It's recommended to get all three, or four, with all spells.

Given equipment limitations, the 3x or 4x Fighters is not recommended for the mobile. 2x at best, and either a Thief or a Sage for defensive purposes given their equipment lists.  Clearly all Female ;).

He really wasn't all that hard. None of my characters have more than 260 MP. I had the Hero, a Priest/Sage, a Mage/Sage, and a MartArt/Priest/Warrior (he had 522 HP, a virtual tank). Just got them all the best equipment and Zoma went down fairly quickly. Maybe I was just highly leveled, but I've definitely fought harder Final Bosses and I've definitely fought harder Bosses. Hellcloud from DQ7 is still the toughest one I've ever faced.

Edited by AustNerevar

So you defeated Zoma without the Light Orb/Sphere of Light?

Edited by ignasia7

So you defeated Zoma without the Light Orb/Sphere of Light?

No, I didn't realize you were talking about fighting him without it.

This bonus dungeon is a killer though. You think I should reclassify one of my party to give myself an advantage or just continue grinding as is. There really isn't much more I could do, I guess, though. Except maybe have my Mage/Sage learn some Priest abilities.