Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Official Advice Thread ~ ASK QUESTIO

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as how there are a couple of DQMSL threads open now, with people asking questions (myself included) in random spots across this forum, I thought it might be more efficient to have a dedicated t

She might have a halo, but she sure ain't no angel.

If any monster escape from the battle before you kill it, you will fail the quest.

Flame breath isn't the same as Frizz. There are 9 different elements:

1) Frizz

2) Crack

3) Bang

4) Woosh

5) Zap

6) Zam

7) Donk

8) Heat (Fire Breath)

9) Cold (Ice Breath)

Some skills are a single element. Nearly all spells are single element, while all non-spell damaging skills save for the fire and ice breath are dual element. With dual element skills, the element the enemy is weakest to is applied. For example, thin air is woosh + zam. If an enemy is weak to woosh, but immune to zam, it will be weak to thin air.

This isn't incredibly important to know in this game because you can barely influence your monsters' resistances, but, just throwing this out there.

I'd be interested in seeing the level to cost formula for Sparring.  That way we can calculate the exact moment where it either does or doesn't make sense to use monsters as Sparring fodder.  It's probably not too difficult to figure out.  I notice that it differs depending on the level of the sparee and the rank appears to be a factor as well.  For example, a higher ranked monster will tend to yield higher experience levels, so if you have a C monster and a D monster of the same level the C monster will be more cost effective for sparring sooner than the D.

And then how do we define what's cost effective?  I was thinking the point at which a monster matches or exceeds the Spar Ring experience gain of an LMS.

(Though it's probably far less cost-effective when the Sparee's level is really high.)

Edited by Liamland

I posted it already somewhere in here.

Here we go. It was hiding in the Bubble King thread:

S - 4800/Level

A - 2400/Level

B - 1000/Level

C - 500/Level

D - 300/Level

E - 100/Level

F - 75/Level

Same Family = 1.5x

Complete Success = 1.5x

Sweet Success = 1.25x

I believe that if we have many LMS and would like to prepare to feed to our high rank monster, we should feed the LMS to the monster with the same family with the required monster then the required monster will gain higher exp.

BTW, I heard that A rank Balzackian quest will come back again. Anyone still not get him enough please prepare yourself to invade his castle ^^.

Did the scrapyard get more difficult in the last update. I did two keys worth last night and had way more runaways and missed hits.

I used the same monster group that I took in before and before the update I didn't have one miss or runaway.

My personal experience shows more missing at higher lvls

Now as I grew in lvl gems are more rare how do u guys handle lvl up stamina using key after lvl 65

How is the cost of sparring calculated?

Aren't 20% of the stats supposed to carry over during ovolution? My newly ovolved monster has no better stats than any other level 1 monsters.

I believe that is only the case if it is 4* before ovolving.

Did the scrapyard get more difficult in the last update. I did two keys worth last night and had way more runaways and missed hits.

I used the same monster group that I took in before and before the update I didn't have one miss or runaway.

My personal experience shows more missing at higher lvls

Now as I grew in lvl gems are more rare how do u guys handle lvl up stamina using key after lvl 65

How is the cost of sparring calculated?

200 gems per 8 consecutive logins.

30 gems per day from the arena.

I also time LM Keys so that I will make 3 runs (45 stamina), then level up, then I do gems after three runs. I generally stop after 9 runs as often, due to having to spar, etc, I wouldn't be able to fit another set of 3 runs.  So I spend only 100 gems per LM Key.

Cost of sparring is based on the level of the monster who is receiving the Exp.  It's 100 * Level * NumberOfMonstersSparredWith

So if you are training a Sparkie who is currently level 45, and you spar with 3 monsters, you'll spend 4500*3 = 13500 gold

Edited by The Mystical One
  • Upvote 1

200 gems per 8 consecutive logins.

30 gems per day from the arena.

I also time LM Keys so that I will make 3 runs (45 stamina), then level up, then I do gems after three runs. I generally stop after 9 runs as often, due to having to spar, etc, I wouldn't be able to fit another set of 3 runs. So I spend only 100 gems per LM Key.

Cost of sparring is based on the level of the monster who is receiving the Exp. It's 100 * Level * NumberOfMonstersSparredWith

So if you are training a Sparkie who is currently level 45, and you spar with 3 monsters, you'll spend 4500*3 = 13500 gold

Thanks that's what I feared about gems. Thanks for gold info. Do the consecutive logins start over if u miss a day the first group was great full of gems?

I also time LM Keys so that I will make 3 runs (45 stamina), then level up, then I do gems after three runs. I generally stop after 9 runs as often, due to having to spar, etc, I wouldn't be able to fit another set of 3 runs.

This really is the key part here. If you play it smart, you can milk a lot out of one Liquid Metal Key and 100 gems. Just time it right with your stamina and exp to get a level up just as you exhaust the last of your stamina.

So what does Skill Ovalution actually do? I did it with my Night Rider, but other than using some valuable Eggs, I'm uncertain as to what I gained other than a couple of new spells/abilities.

Edited by AustNerevar

So what does Skill Ovalution actually do? I did it with my Night Rider, but other than using some valuable Eggs, I'm uncertain as to what I gained other than a couple of new spells/abilities.

I just did that to my Mohawk Fighter a while ago.

From 61 --> 31 because i had no Glorious Eggscelsior. 

Not sure about stats, probably just the same as before.

I also time LM Keys so that I will make 3 runs (45 stamina), then level up, then I do gems after three runs. I generally stop after 9 runs as often, due to having to spar, etc, I wouldn't be able to fit another set of 3 runs.

This really is the key part here. If you play it smart, you can milk a lot out of one Liquid Metal Key and 100 gems. Just time it right with your stamina and exp to get a level up just as you exhaust the last of your stamina.

Sklli ovolution is for skills.  What you get is skills.  You can pick from previous ovolution skills or from egg skills.

Thanks so much for help guys big thanks to The Mystical One I have two question

1. I keep hearing people say things like make s rank and ss rank how do u do that I have several max A rank none can go to s and how the hell do u get as

2. I looking to get an orc just normal orc where the best place I can find I have for max lvl

1. I keep hearing people say things like make s rank and ss rank how do u do that I have several max A rank none can go to s and how the hell do u get as

2. I looking to get an orc just normal orc where the best place I can find I have for max lvl

3. I also havr four rainbow eggs which I see no use for but many said rare

1. You need a monster that has an S rank ovolution.

2. All of my Orcs have come from Light Tombola.

3. Rainbow eggs are used when ovolving from A to S rank.

About S or SS rank monster, you can get it from Super Tombola which you can get the free pull every 72 hours(but I've never got a good one from free pull > <). But if you have enough gem and would like to spend it on Super Tombola, I suggest you to wait for tomorrow(after 15:00 GMT+9) because there will be an event to give you a better chance to get S rank monster.

About Orc, I got it from Light Tombola.

Edited by Xguard

About S or SS rank monster, you can get it from Super Tombola which you can get the free pull every 72 hours(but I've never got a good one from free pull > <). But if you have enough gem and would like to spend it on Super Tombola, I suggest you to wait for tomorrow(after 15:00 GMT+9) because there will be an event to give you a better chance to get S rank monster.

About Orc, I got it from Light Tombola.

I got 3 for there but I almost sure I got four for other place argh Edited by tupactip

It's not that they can't go down (many exits are up stairs and many floor changes are down stairs), but that the stairs disappear after traversing them.

A wizard did it.

I never noticed going down and maybe the wizard from dq iii I want to get him in party lol