Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Official Advice Thread ~ ASK QUESTIO

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as how there are a couple of DQMSL threads open now, with people asking questions (myself included) in random spots across this forum, I thought it might be more efficient to have a dedicated t

She might have a halo, but she sure ain't no angel.

If any monster escape from the battle before you kill it, you will fail the quest.

Monthly / weekly card reward is a sale that gives you extra gems on top of any that you purchase within the promotion period.

So it's being reported on a couple gaming sites I frequent (toucharcade for instance) that DQMSL--the very game we've all been playing for the past half year--just soft launched in SEA territories. Odd! Wonder if it's a precursor that it's coming to the US, or if there's just a massive delay in reporting since no one noticed?

http://toucharcade.com/2016/02/10/dragon-quest-monsters-super-light-english-version-soft-launched/

I thought I was playing the sea version. No idea how to check though.

So I need some evolving advice. I finally bulldozed my way through the arena and after 390 arena tickets, I finally got the damned egg-en-ciel from the tombola. Any tips on who to evolve next? My current top contenders are mo hawker who will turn into blue fang, samigina who has the only decent perk in my roster, and icikiller who can turn to claws. I don't imagine getting another rainbow egg easily soon, so I was wondering who among these monsters have the best potential to make my arena grinding easier.

I usually use my multi hit spells to win arena challenges but 5th rank is proving too hard for me and my bad of a rank + belial team.

Samigina first--hopefully you have an Egg Royal with Midheal to use for him. After that, your pick of Blue Fang and Claws. Claw is fast and gets Thin Air, Blue Fang is.. a guy who will still have multiheal.

I just got a b rank beetle boy. Anyone know if his s rank is decent?

Unfortunately, not very.  He will learn metal slash along the way though, so is useful for the scrapyard if you don't have better options (and, as always, he's still an S rank, so he is useful until you have 6 S ranks that are better :))

There might be a possibility of the next monster is another boss. It seems like after every Ovolutionary road event. There next monster is a boss.

Yes. I think so as well. Next week or next two week, boss should be coming.

Because...:

- There's Ovo road even though it's just end a few days ago.

- Dragonlord, Psaro and Nimzo seem to be 1month or a little more period. So Next one should be coming soon.

- After gem topup event and Jan Monthly Card event, the gem should be on the server very much. But this week Super Tombola monster is not attractive, so there's not much gem spent these days. So Garena should want something to make player spend gem, otherwise the gem in server may be inflated LoL

Anyway, it's just a guess.

What is the chance of obtaining the S-rank monster, Jamirus, in the Box Tombola Exclusive? Are all the rewards in the tombola equal chance or are the better rewards more rare? I know your chances get better as you spend more, but I want to make sure before I use some gems on this :P

Also, do liquid metal keys expire if they are kept in your mailbox?

Edited by MonsterTamer

There might be a possibility of the next monster is another boss. It seems like after every Ovolutionary road event. There next monster is a boss.

Yes. I think so as well. Next week or next two week, boss should be coming.

Because...:

- There's Ovo road even though it's just end a few days ago.

- Dragonlord, Psaro and Nimzo seem to be 1month or a little more period. So Next one should be coming soon.

- After gem topup event and Jan Monthly Card event, the gem should be on the server very much. But this week Super Tombola monster is not attractive, so there's not much gem spent these days. So Garena should want something to make player spend gem, otherwise the gem in server may be inflated LoL

Anyway, it's just a guess.

I wonder if ??? Family carnivals were ever a thing in the JP version. :P

What is the chance of obtaining the S-rank monster, Jamirus, in the Box Tombola Exclusive? Are all the rewards in the tombola equal chance or are the better rewards more rare? I know your chances get better as you spend more, but I want to make sure before I use some gems on this :P

Also, do liquid metal keys expire if they are kept in your mailbox?

I don't think there's an 'expiration date' on keys, but your mailbox gets automatically cleaned out every 2 weeks. Pretty sure that includes unopened letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Do people actually use Heals in the Arena or is it mostly just AOE and hope you can wipe them first? I feel like I never see anyone with any heals...Right now I am using a Trauminator (Slasher), Seasaur (AOE), Claws (AOE/Single Target), Ultrus (Healer), and Hell's Guardian (Oompher) as my main team, but I am thinking of replacing either my Hell's Guardian or my Ultrus with someone else with more AOE. My real AOE's right now are only Thin Air, Lightning, Geyser, and Starfall, but I usually the enemies have half resist to Starfall. Any suggestions on who I can replace?

Do people actually use Heals in the Arena or is it mostly just AOE and hope you can wipe them first? I feel like I never see anyone with any heals...Right now I am using a Trauminator (Slasher), Seasaur (AOE), Claws (AOE/Single Target), Ultrus (Healer), and Hell's Guardian (Oompher) as my main team, but I am thinking of replacing either my Hell's Guardian or my Ultrus with someone else with more AOE. My real AOE's right now are only Thin Air, Lightning, Geyser, and Starfall, but I usually the enemies have half resist to Starfall. Any suggestions on who I can replace?

It's better to just physically attack or wipe the enemy out with full party damage. You can run monsters in arena that do healing, but that is only in case of emergencies, stuff like Hyperanemon, Archbashop or Wight Priest, since they act as damage dealers first and foremost. Ultrus is a great monster for arena (almost always heals last allowing you to get the most out of it, good HP/defense and comes with Kazing), but once you get an overabundance of attackers and skill spammers he's not really needed anymore.

Just got all the pieces for Mumboh-jumboe, but I can't seem to pick Gale Slash, Inferno Slash, or Stomp abilities when I am evolving him into Mumboh-jumboe. Did anyone else run into this problem or are those abilities not available?

For whatever reason, it doesn't let you use the second of the ovolution monsters' skills.

I use my Elysium bird to Multiheal a lot.

Usually I do something like

Leon*4: Freezing Breath+1

Elysium Bird*1: Thin Air (or occasionally multiheal off the bad if I see a very fast enemy party)

Nemean: Lightning

Sir Sanguinus: One Hit Wonder

Trauminator*3: Acceleratle

And then second turn is mop up, with healing from the bird.

I have a Balzak with kazing, and I just set him to AI for the first round if the opponent has a lot of single target damage. Usually the damage output of the teams I face is so high that multiheal isn't worth it.

Edited by Bonechip

Ultrus isn't that strong anymore. A lot of monsters have resistance to the stardust magic. I don't see players use that monster anymore in Arena.

I did plan to get a lot of them and buddy it to 4 star but not worth it anymore if you have stronger monsters to use.

Edited by WhiteBlaster

Just curious. I'm at rank 5 arena now, nearing my promotion battle to rank 6. Once I reached that, will I still lose the arena points if I lose a match? Was just wondering because I'd rather throw a few matches to lower my promotion points as having maxed points (and unlocking the promotion battle) will reduce the amount of tombola tickets I win by 1 per ticket.

What is the best way (besides Nimzo) that you guys have figured out when it comes to the Scrapyard? I keep on getting all of the LMS running on me with just a few hits left...All Hatchet man teams? 

Bounce (reflected Sizz will kill them), Metal Slash, as many monsters as you can pack that get extra attacks, Hatchet Man, Gem Slime (Mini Magic Burst).

What is the best way (besides Nimzo) that you guys have figured out when it comes to the Scrapyard? I keep on getting all of the LMS running on me with just a few hits left...All Hatchet man teams? 

The easiest and fastest way is to add a friend with Nimzo. You will breeze through Scrapyard and has a higher chance of capturing Metal King before they run away.

Nimzo's breath is bug. We should use his breath as much as possible before this bug's gone.LOL

If this bug is gone, for normal scrapyard, bounce is good choice.

But for hard level, MKS won't attack us by spell so we cannot use bounce trick. And its HP is far more than LMS so it will get away before we finish it with metal slash. So the good choise is to use Hatchet man and pray to get critical hit.lol