Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Official Advice Thread ~ ASK QUESTIO

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as how there are a couple of DQMSL threads open now, with people asking questions (myself included) in random spots across this forum, I thought it might be more efficient to have a dedicated t

She might have a halo, but she sure ain't no angel.

If any monster escape from the battle before you kill it, you will fail the quest.

When I use up monsters in the spar ring, am I transferring all of their exp directly to my Sparrer?  Or is it a fraction?

I'm wondering if I get a higher ranking dragon, for example, if I should spar my level 29 Rank-D Green Dragon against this new dragon as the Sparrer, to try and reduce the amount of grinding necessary to get this theoretical new dragon up to that level or close.  Or am I losing experience during the sparring process, where that wouldn't be worthwhile?  For example if Sparrer (new Rank-C dragon) fights level 29 Rank-D Green Dragon and the new dragon only makes it to level 10, because it requires far more experience points to level, or if there's a massive loss of experience during Sparring, then it might not be worthwhile.

This is just a guess, but I don't think you're losing anything. I used the Spar Ring for my Angel Slime with an older monster that I had previously used in my party and it made Angel Slime jump up to lvl 32, which was higher than the monster I used for sparring.

Maybe Plattym can give us a more solid answer, though.

Exp gained is based mainly on the rank and level of the monster being sparred with (with some notable exceptions. like the Metals).  It shows you how much exp each monster gives you on the screen where you can select the monsters, so it's not a huge surprise anyway.

If it's the exact same monster, it's probably better to Buddy Boost with it, jsut because at high enough levels, the stats gained will be worth more than what you'd gain [partial] level up you'd get from it's sparring exp.

Edited by The Mystical One

I'm having trouble finding Eggs. I have a couple of monsters almost at Max level who will soon be ready for Ovulution, but are missing a couple of rare(-looking) Eggs. I've been trying to play Tombola as much as possible, but I'm not getting very many eggs and the one I am getting aren't the ones I need. How are you guys doing it? My poor Frizzard and Angel Slime are being prevented from growing up.

Edit: Typos

Edited by AustNerevar

Which eggs are you missing?

I am assuming Dreggon (Blue dragon-looking egg) and Mega Egger (Brown, Mottled).

Dreggon can be found with the boss of Dragon's Den Easy (special daily quest available now if your timezone is set to GMT+8), and throughout Dragon's Den Medium and Hard.

Mega Egger can be found as the boss of Goo Goo Gaga (Slime daily egg quest, which is available the day after the dragon one), and throughout Medium and Hard.

I don't know what the names are because it just shows a picture of them.

I circled the ones I need:

31zk.png

For some reason, the Bonkers level is showing up for Beaster Island and the devil one in our game, but if you try to select them, they jsut tell you the quest is no longer available (even though you can do Hard, medium, easy no problem). fun times.

Yeah, I was going to try Bonkers today.

Or rebuild them so they aren't images (thus index-able by Google and such)

I started editing a rudimentary FAQ into the OP based on some of the questions we've asked and the answers we've found. If anything looks wrong, let me know.

I'd love to see a list of all the missions on the main map so I could plan my party ahead of time if the goal is win with 3 or less monster or use all slimes etc... 

I'd love to see a list of all the missions on the main map so I could plan my party ahead of time if the goal is win with 3 or less monster or use all slimes etc... 

I can try to start listing some of them tomorrow, but I would only be able to do the first 10 regions for the time being.

Since we have so much going for this game at the moment, maybe we should split these topics into a new forum for now.

Since we have so much going for this game at the moment, maybe we should split these topics into a new forum for now.

That's probably wise. I created the dedicated advice thread to help with that, but a new forum would probably be better. I started working on an FAQ in that thread, though. Should I just delete that thread and move it to the new forum or leave it?

Is there a major advantage to Buddy Boosting two higher level characters?  Should the strategy be to collect two of a strong monster and level both of them to max before buddy boosting?

If both monster are at max level when you buddy boost them you gain the most stats... So to get the highest stats you would take 5 of the same monster at max level and buddy boost 4 times... My question is if I do this with say 5 Wild Slimes and make the best Wild Slime I can 4 Star with max level before buddy boosting will this improve the Slime Stack I would get when I Ovolve the Wild Slime...??And would this Slime Stack be superior to one statwise than one I would find from a map or that joins be in the wild...?

Damn. I already Buddy Boosted my lv. 34 Green Dragon with a lv. 1.

My question is if I do this with say 5 Wild Slimes and make the best Wild Slime I can 4 Star with max level before buddy boosting will this improve the Slime Stack I would get when I Ovolve the Wild Slime...??And would this Slime Stack be superior to one statwise than one I would find from a map or that joins be in the wild...?

I have the same question, as I was actually planning to buddy boost my Angel Slime with another Angel Slime based on the assumption that the boost will carry over when I ovolve my main Angel Slime into a Cureslime. If it doesn't....then that means I'll have to ovolve both Angel Slimes, which will be a pain as the Dreggon egg seems to be hard as hell to find.