Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Official Advice Thread ~ ASK QUESTIO

I don't what the hell has happened to arena battles. The past two days the opponents up for selection far outlevel my team. This was never a problem before....I've tried changing my lineup around so that the team has an avg level of 50, but all the opponents are level 100 or so. It's crazy, I can't win a single battle anymore, just wasting the Arena awards for that day.

I mentioned that in the Arena thread yesterday.  Apparently they changed some algorithm.  Even my best team is losing every battle consistently.  It's annoying, but it's probably still worth fighting one battle a day (even if losing) to get the 30 gems.  I've kinda given up on collecting Pal Points, because the standard Magic Tombola really sucks.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as how there are a couple of DQMSL threads open now, with people asking questions (myself included) in random spots across this forum, I thought it might be more efficient to have a dedicated t

She might have a halo, but she sure ain't no angel.

If any monster escape from the battle before you kill it, you will fail the quest.

I don't what the hell has happened to arena battles. The past two days the opponents up for selection far outlevel my team. This was never a problem before....I've tried changing my lineup around so that the team has an avg level of 50, but all the opponents are level 100 or so. It's crazy, I can't win a single battle anymore, just wasting the Arena awards for that day.

I mentioned that in the Arena thread yesterday.  Apparently they changed some algorithm.  Even my best team is losing every battle consistently.  It's annoying, but it's probably still worth fighting one battle a day (even if losing) to get the 30 gems.  I've kinda given up on collecting Pal Points, because the standard Magic Tombola really sucks.

Well, that change was a great way to make people stop playing the game. I've mostly lost interest in it and have only been playing each day to get the login bonus and do five arena battles.

I've kinda felt that way recently too.  I do still want to complete as much of the Big Book of Beasts as possible, but the slow grind, terrible tombola results (both Light and Super tombolas), and the impossible arena are wearing thin.

I've kinda felt that way recently too.  I do still want to complete as much of the Big Book of Beasts as possible, but the slow grind, terrible tombola results (both Light and Super tombolas), and the impossible arena are wearing thin.

Yeah, and everytime I'm playing DQMSL now I keep thinking of how I could be playing a different game that I'm currently working on.

And if I start working full time soon, then probably the only games I'll be playing will be non-mobile titles.

I've kinda felt that way recently too. I do still want to complete as much of the Big Book of Beasts as possible, but the slow grind, terrible tombola results (both Light and Super tombolas), and the impossible arena are wearing thin.

Yeah, and everytime I'm playing DQMSL now I keep thinking of how I could be playing a different game that I'm currently working on.

And if I start working full time soon, then probably the only games I'll be playing will be non-mobile titles.

Ditto. I'm laying in bed debating turning on the 3DS, DQMSL, or sleeping. I think sleep will win out. If not, it'll be an hour of 3DS.

This was a really fun game while it lasted. And it has the honor of being the only mobile 'lite' pay2win-ish type game that has ever drawn me in and made me buy in-app-purchases...but it's sort of lost its appeal to me now. I have 2 liquid metal keys and nearly 1400 gems racked up on my account now and I'll probably never use them

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I'd have to imagine that eventually they're going to release more content and then maybe it will get a little more interesting.  Like all of the monsters that Japan gets (such as MKS and maybe PKJ).  I'm not completely done with the game, but I expect absolutely nothing from the arena or the tombolas.

I'm still working toward some minor D through A ovolutions, which still keeps things interesting for me, for now.  Eventually if they just keep cycling through the same special quest content, and I've completed all the quests and challenges, I can see it getting too boring to play.

The arena is weird.  I'm level 120 and I seem to get matched with players Lv80s to 120s... if I pay attention and only fight the 80ish players and look for leaders who are poor arena monsters (and/or whose level is lower than max), I can 5-0 the day.  I'm now 64th.

Now, opponents will get auto-adjusted up to your level (not sure if they'll adjust down!), so the low level isn't like an easy win, but if they are low level, then they are probably in a training party and less likely the party is a good arena party.

Granted, I checked with my one testing alt and it is level 40 and getting level 60+ parties only and they always get crushed, so.. I have really no idea how the arena matching works now.

My other main map-making alt is a perfect 20-0 though. Always gets lots of relatively easy opponents. *shrugs*

Is there a running list somewhere of the recruitment percentages, or does it vary too much from each monster, from quest to quest?

I'm on Stage 10-4, wondering if I repeatedly attack the (special battle) Killing Machines with my strongest party, if one of them will join.  But if there's absolutely no chance in a join, then I wouldn't want to waste the stamina/experience.

Killing machines are probably not recruitable since they are above D rank, and most C+ aren't recruitable.

Higher rank equals lower chance in general, but I don't think anyone has firmly determined exact chances.

Except in special cases where you can recruit S or A rank characters?  That's too bad.  I have very little faith in the tombolas.

Yeah.  Granted, this Legacy Dungeon is totally messing with that, since al the B rank and lower monsters in it seem to be recruitable.  And Dark Skeleton and Sasquash from the various events were recruitable as well.

Still, with 3x free play per week (Everyone resets on Thursday when they change to S rank monster, then you can play again on Sunday, then on Wednesday), and the slow march towards 2700 gems, eventually luck will strike.

I haven't won a battle in the arena in a week bc of whatever changes they made.

On a side note I did get a hunter mech from super tombola. So I now have a killing machine. I'm pretty happy about that since my last 30 or so pulls have been complete garbage.

• Upvote 1

isnt it normal hahaha im focusing on egg lair to get enough eggs to ovolve my units. i kinda gave up on legacy dungeon. tried for forever and didnt get desert demon :/

Good thing we still have 1 week for legacy so I can focus egg hunting now.

Just found out that freezing blizzard spam Leon is pretty good for arena lite. Using 4 Leons + 1 accelerator is pretty consistent.

His S rank gets Swoosh and Chilly Breath

His SS rank gets Kazing and Zammle

Most people seem to go Zapple/Zammle/Kazing/Midheal and it's a pretty effective combo.

Nice skill set mine rank a almost lvl 60 working on my 4* Leon at same time

Sent from my KNIGHT Luxe using Tapatalk

Am i missing something on Legacy Dungeon hard? One of the objectives is defeat all enemies. Ive cleared all enemies, clicked on every wall for hidden areas, etc. I cant seem to complete.

If any monster escape from the battle before you kill it, you will fail the quest.
  • Upvote 2

Am i missing something on Legacy Dungeon hard? One of the objectives is defeat all enemies. Ive cleared all enemies, clicked on every wall for hidden areas, etc. I cant seem to complete.

Blah. I think i recall a brownie escaping. Thanks.