Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Official Advice Thread ~ ASK QUESTIO

Seeing as how there are a couple of DQMSL threads open now, with people asking questions (myself included) in random spots across this forum, I thought it might be more efficient to have a dedicated topic for this game. I, myself, have questions of my own, as I've just started playing, but I know Platty and a few others have been playing the Japanese version for a while so they should be able to address more questions than I could.

I was hoping that maybe after a week or two, we'll see a pattern of similar questions to help us make an FAQ of some kind. Truth be told, there may not be enough depth in this game to warrant such a thing, but we'll see I suppose.

If you have any questions or would like to seek advice about what type of monsters to have in your party, then please ask here instead of starting a new thread. This forum is specifically for all the mobile games...so I'm sure the mods would rather that DQMSL not take over the forum entirely.

Happy Scouting!

Edit: It seems I exceeded the character limit for the title and there's no way to fix it. Ehrr, well that's embarrassing.

FAQ (WorkInProgress):

Q - I need a specific Egg for Ovulution. Where can I find it?

A - You get Eggs via Tombola maps and through some Event Quests. Here is a list of what Eggs are available in certain events. ~ Plattym3

Q - Where is a good place to get gold? ~ Mattcraft

A - A good method of earning gold is by releasing Gold Golems and Goodybags into the wild. You can also release other unneeded monsters, but depending on their exp yield, it might be better to use them in the Spar Ring. Also, the fewer items you use during a quest will give you more gold at the end of the quest. ~ The Mystical One

Q - What monster is a good healer?

A - There are a couple of Healers that are good in battle, but getting a Healslime or Angel Slime and Ovolving it to a Cureslime is the most trusty. If you start with Angel Slime, you will get the added benefit of the Acceleratle spell, which is valuable in battle. Another method is starting with a Slime or a Slimestack and working it up to a King Cureslime. King Cureslime's high HP is pretty handy to boot.The Mystical One

Q - When I use up monsters in the Spar Ring, am I transferring all of their exp directly to my the base monster? ~ Liamland

A - Exp. gained is based mainly on the rank and level of the monster being sparred with (with some notable exceptions like Metal Slimes). If you're sparring with the exact same monster, it's probably better to Buddy Boost with it because at high enough levels, the stats gained will be worth more than what you'd gain from it's sparring exp. ~ The Mystical One

Q - Does anyone know how the scouting works? I've been trying to scout some monsters for a couple days, but none of them joined me. ~ Awesomeinblue

A - Each monster has some percent chance to join. Monsters C rank or above have zero chance, with some exceptions (like Egg monsters, special event bosses, etc). ~ The Mystical One

Q - Can someone tell me how to change the message that appears when people see me as a pal option on their game?  I've looked for it a few times but just can't seem to locate it. ~ King Zenith

A - Misc -> Logout. You can change your message there (you don't have to actually logout). ~ The Mystical One

Q - How can I tell when I've Buddy Boosted a monster to its maximum amount of Buddy Boosts? ~ AustNerevar

A - When the game no longer lets you buddy boost a monster, even though you have another monster with which to boost it. ~ The Mystical One

Q - I derped and Buddy Boosted my Healslime to +4 with all level 1 heal Slimes, now if I ovolve it to a Cureslime, will that Cureslimego back to +0? And if so, will that Cureslime +0 have better stats than a Cureslime that wasn't boosted before it ovolved? ~ ZeroXH

A - When ovolved, your monster will become back to +0. ~ Xguard; Based on Japanese wiki training guides, it seems ovolving a 4-star monster grants some bonus to the newly ovolved monster. So you would actually want to take 5 Healslimes, max them all, then use four of them to boost the other to four star.  Then ovolve it to Cureslime and Buddy Boost it with four other Cureslimes that were Buddy Boosted as Healslimes as well. ~ The Mystical One

Q - So does anyone know the chances of a monster joining you during the special events based on difficulty? I'm not strong enough to fight Balzack on Hard but have been doing several Medium runs. Nothing so far.~ GaresTaylan

A - Yes, the harder, the better the odds. Easy is like 2% and it goes up from there. ~ Plattym3

Q - So how does skill ovulation work? I went to do this with Balzack and the only extra ability he should have had was frenzy, but then he suddenly had access to Sizzle and Sear? ~ GaresTaylan

A - It allows you to add skills available to the monsters pre-evolutions (that's where Sizzle and Sear came from) and from the eggs you use to do the Skill Ovolution. It's only available to monsters Rank A and above. It does cost half your levels to do it unless you have the Golden Eggcelsior egg. Skill Ovulution is available after level 20, so you can drop from 20 to 10 (no biggie). But yeah, once you're a super high level, it sucks. Do it early. ~ Plattym3

Edited by AustNerevar
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as how there are a couple of DQMSL threads open now, with people asking questions (myself included) in random spots across this forum, I thought it might be more efficient to have a dedicated t

She might have a halo, but she sure ain't no angel.

If any monster escape from the battle before you kill it, you will fail the quest.

I guess I'll start us off. For those of you who have put a bit of time into this game, which monster do you recommend as the best Healer? This question was asked in another thread in not so many words, but I thought that everyone could share their experiences here.

Cureslime is trusty, if you raised it from a healslime or angel slime. A garuda raised from a hades condor (so that it has heal and midheal) is very nice, and its next evolution gets, I think, multiheal and thin air.

Cureslime is trusty, if you raised it from a healslime or angel slime. A garuda raised from a hades condor (so that it has heal and midheal) is very nice, and its next evolution gets, I think, multiheal and thin air.

Well, the Cureslime I have, I didn't raise. I got it as a Cureslime. In that case, should I just ditch him and start working on the Slime Knight to get him to a Dark Slime Knight? He can act as a Healer as well, right?

• Upvote 1

Edit: It seems I exceeded the character limit for the title and there's no way to fix it. Ehrr, well that's embarrassing.

Nah, not so much. Just a tad embarrassi Edited by Plattym3

Well, the Cureslime I have, I didn't raise. I got it as a Cureslime. In that case, should I just ditch him and start working on the Slime Knight to get him to a Dark Slime Knight? He can act as a Healer as well, right?

Don't ditch him.  Grab a healslime (common from light tombola or just go back and get one) or angel slime (from light tombola) and raise them up. you can buddy boost that one with your existing cureslime.

Not sure how good DSK is at healing, since mine started out as a DSK since I got him from my preregistration, but he has decent wisdom. You'll be stuck with just Heal though.

Wild Slime to Slime Stack to Kingslime to King Cureslime is another option.

Don't ditch him.  Grab a healslime (common from light tombola or just go back and get one) or angel slime (from light tombola) and raise them up. you can buddy boost that one with your existing cureslime.

Not sure how good DSK is at healing, since mine started out as a DSK since I got him from my preregistration, but he has decent wisdom. You'll be stuck with just Heal though.

Okay, thanks for all of the info.

If I decide to go the King Cureslime route, should I do start from the very beginning with a Slime or would Wild Slime be enough?

I just found out that Angel Slime ovolves into Cureslime as well. I have an Angel Slime, would that work?

Okay, thanks for all of the info.

If I decide to go the King Cureslime route, should I do start from the very beginning with a Slime or would Wild Slime be enough?

I would say start from slime stack, because you can pass on bang and woosh skill to KingSlime. Kingslime -> King Cureslime he only learns healer moves but he doesnt have any magic moves. 

There is one more evolution, King CureSlime -> Ultraslime but it has not been released yet in our version. Not sure what skill he learns.

000551.png

Where is a good place to get gold?

Where is a good place to get gold?

If you manage to get any Gold Golems, you'll get significant amounts of gold from letting them go.

Oh.

Forgot to mention you can do the same for Goody Bags. Other than that, just grind through some of the higher-leveled quests. The less items you use during a quest, the more gold you get at the end.

I use Slime Knight as a Healer. I know he doesn't fit with it due to he lack of MP and Wisdom. But I love his character's design since the main game, so I try to use him. But when he ovolved to Matal Slime Knight, he very useful:D

About the Gold collecting, I suggest Gold Coast hard level quest, I got at least 20k per round :)

Opie.

What are yet friend codes.?

And where is a good place to hunt for eggs? I need to beefy my teemy.

I just found out that Angel Slime ovolves into Cureslime as well. I have an Angel Slime, would that work?

Yes.  Angel Slime is what gives you the useful Acceleratle and also has heal (Which is surprisingly useful for a long time)

And where is a good place to hunt for eggs? I need to beefy my teemy.

Tuesday through Friday there are daily quests full of eggs. You'll want to be able to handle the Medium difficulty for the C-rank eggs, and eventually the Hard for B and A rank eggs.

Thanks for your help, I started grinding up my Angel Slime today. I may turn this thread into an FAQ and when I do, I'll make a list of the best healers.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

, I started grinding up my Angel Slime today. 

We totally don't need to know what you & Slimey get up to...

• Upvote 2

, I started grinding up my Angel Slime today.

We totally don't need to know what you & Slimey get up to...

Hahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha

Nice!

I started my teaching career 15 years ago taking over for a 3rd grade teacher who moved to become the librarian at. Christmas. I started in January after being hired in early December. The teacher had the class write Christmas cards to me. A boy named Nathaniel (who'd become a constant headache to me) wrote a card welcoming me and saying, "P. S. - My Mama says I ain't no angel."

10 years later I was telling the story to a student of mine after she points out Nathaniel in the class photo I have hanging up. I said, yeah, that kid probably ended up in jail.

She Googles him. Finds his address online. We Google the address. Correctional facility in Tampa. D'oh!

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to decide if I should replace my Frizzard with the new Killing Machine Lite I got today as a login reward. I know that the latter's a defender while the former is an attacker, but I already have quite a few attackers. I just am really loathe to have to grind another monster up and....well, I've grown attached to my little Frizzard.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

If it is that C dragon, do it.

The C dragon is decent once it's ovolved twice. *shrugs*

I didn't like the Killing Machine Lite.  It's strength is kinda low, so it never puts out as much damage as you want it to.  Skill Ovoultion can give it some more skills, but ehhhhh.

I've been saving my egg monsters for when I'll have more A and S ranked monsters to ovolve.  Is that a decent strategy, or is it beneficial to ovolve specific monsters at any rank?