Sign in to follow this  
KuroiBlaze

Importing

I should have checked back a while ago haha. I already have a jpn model 3DS. Bought it and DQM 2 remake last year. I actually ended up getting a better phone and am just replaying it on that. Sucks I don't get there extra content but it's cool enough for now.

Empyrea spams Kafuddle now. I was not expecting that and it's not fun.

Still kicked her ass though

Edited by The n00b Avenger

Grrrggh... way to go play-asia...

Order status: "Payment confirmed. Waiting for credit."

08/26/15 08:35:54 AM Play-Asia.com Order #38185269 payment received.

09/01/15 07:24:14 PM Play-Asia.com Order #38185269 still waiting for payment.

Oh and you better believe I checked paypal, the e-mail account associated with the paypal account I paid with and the e-mail account my play-asia account is connected to. It's a status update bug, I've paid, they've said I've paid (clicking into the order shows an invoice and everything), paypal said I've paid. If they don't fix this with the next e-mail back you better believe that I'm opening up a dispute.

Edited by krw703

Hi guys!  :overjoyed2: 
I'm new here, so I hope you will forgive me if I didn't manage to find the info I was looking for before posting in this thread. Also, English is not my first language, so I hope you will forgive my mistakes, too.  :) 
I wanted to know if any of you are playing this on an american or european 3DS using the RegionFour app with the Homebrew Launcher, as I would like to import the japanese version. I couldn't bear having a japanese copy without being able to play it, it would kill me dead.  :ws-slimedead:

Edited by Turnip

I was thinking about importing. But I just found out items don't have an icon to show you what they are, its just a menu.

They do have pictures. You heard incorrectly.

Huh. that's good news I guess.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My copy just arrived!! :3  The box is so pretty and even the inserts are nice~  I just redeemed my Roto's Sword too and equipped it~  I do wonder if later on in the game there's some alchemy pot recipe with it.  The game also came with this piece of paper that says "9.26" on the top right, and some other stuff.. I'll screen shot it soon maybe?  But what's interesting is that it shows an ingame picture of metal slime earings near the bottom.

Also,  @krw703 I've had a lot of problems with Play-Asia in the past, just for payment verification.  I think that unless your paypal account is connected to your bank, then play-asia is going to require further verification (such as your mobile number to call you, and I'm not sure what happens then).  Also if your paypal account isn't verified, payments do take longer to process I think but I could be wrong.  The only reason why I ordered from AmiAmi actually is to avoid this, lol.  With AmiAmi you can use a paypal account not linked to your bank account.  Play-Asia does respond pretty quickly though so just email them back and forth to figure it out.  It can be real headache so good luck @.@

Also, loving the game so far!  I love DQ on portable systems!!  I really wish this had stereoscopic 3D, but it still looks pretty good I think.  I'm also surprised at how responsive the C stick camera is.  Much quicker and better than other games I've played that use C stick to move camera (DQX 3DS version and MH4U)

Also,  @krw703 I've had a lot of problems with Play-Asia in the past, just for payment verification.  I think that unless your paypal account is connected to your bank, then play-asia is going to require further verification (such as your mobile number to call you, and I'm not sure what happens then).  Also if your paypal account isn't verified, payments do take longer to process I think but I could be wrong.  The only reason why I ordered from AmiAmi actually is to avoid this, lol.  With AmiAmi you can use a paypal account not linked to your bank account.  Play-Asia does respond pretty quickly though so just email them back and forth to figure it out.  It can be real headache so good luck @.@

No, believe me it wasn't the issue. I've been a customer with play-asia for over 6 years now. I don't even need verification for digital purchases, they go through in seconds.

The proof I showed them was enough. It was a bug in updating my order status, and has been corrected.

@Kushiel's Whip - I saw Marcello making another appearance, this time as a good guy and he helps you with the last part of the boss and joins as a 5th battle party member!  It's awesome and his new outfit.

I love Jessica's Witch Outfit, Red has some nice outfits, but I have yet to see another outfit for Yangus.  I saw one extra of Morrie's.

I really have enjoyed the let's plays, I can only imagine how good it would look on the PS4 or 3.

They have added a lot of material in chat dialogues and special events which are triggered by certain actions.  From what I have seen they still leave a cliff hanger for Marcello, but I don't know what was said in the last exchange.

I don't know if there is a +New Game with more difficulty or what? 

Perhaps if they do decide to re-upgrade the game back on console they could add even more content or just have some new DLC material with new quests and more playable characters.

Edited by Madrigal

The new optional boss they advertised in the magazine is actually kind of a pushover(and technically not even a post-game boss). He's easier than Rhapthorne, imo. Granted that makes sense since he's supposedly Rhapthorne's most powerful servant. Would be weird for him to be stronger.

Now, the ACTUAL new post-game dungeon doesn't play around. It's freaking tough. Granted it's less of a dungeon and more of a boss rush. It's funny going up to the powered up version of the first boss of the game only to have him take you out in one hit with over 400 damage physicals. Granted that's one of the easier fights. If you leave and come back the bosses come back too so to get to the end you have to fight them all in one chain.

Would be a nice way to get seeds though since the 2 I killed so far dropped seeds and if they come back and drop them again, that'd be nice. There are also purple chests that contain seeds for every boss you fight that apparently come back in 24 hours. Was able to get a second Goddess Shield after the 2nd boss. Delicious delicious Goddess Shield.

Those little snipets of the hero's early life and a look into Dhoulmagus' past was interesting and I thought it was cool to see who master Rylus was.  I do think if Dhoulmagus was living in Farebury, that Kaderasha and Valentina would have probably have known who he was.

Almost kind of makes you sympathize with him. Rylus told him that he might as well get a pet dog instead because a pet dog would be less useless than an apprentice like Dhoulmagus. That's what sort of drove him over the edge. If Rylus was a little more considerate of his feelings the events in the game probably wouldn't have even happened.

Of course in a twist of irony it turns out that Rylus was researching a way for Dhoulmagus to be able to use magic the entire time, he was just a crotchety old man who's not good at being emotionally honest with people.

It's also ironic how one of the descendants of the sages responsible for sealing Rhapthorne is indirectly responsible for the events that released him.

• Upvote 1

Regarding the Photo Quests are there some that I can only do at one point in the game and if I miss them, I'm screwed?

@Noob Avenger - Rylus was a bit over zealous to Dhoulmagus, the scenario was nice but didn't really go into Dhoulmagus's past.  We just got the events leading up to his creation.  Maybe they could have had him meet with Valentina and it not going to well as in she was kind of creeped out by his personality.

IMG_7514.jpg

Just went and picked mine up.  Got the Square-Enix e-Store version, which came with a code for 3 Genki balls for DQ X, a cane item code for DQ VIII, and of course the classic sword item code.  Oh and this awesome plushie you see here :)  Not the best pic, but super excited to revisit this classic game.

• Upvote 1

Basically, a party of the Skeledoid, the Octurion, and either the Killer Machine or the Undead Priest.

At level 50 you'll probably win one out of every 25 attempts. May want to wait until level 62 or so where it's closer to 1 in 10

Wow Rank SS, now that's cool.  I didn't know they took it up another level!

I still haven't seen a new outfit for Yangus.

nuKkPED.jpg

vXMhYqR.jpg

I'm a pirate now? Diamond!

• Upvote 2

At level 55, made it to Super Leopold before I had to bow out. Doesn't help that he opened with 2 crits for 650 damage and another hit for 300. Then he moved first the next turn even though I used Acceleratle and had Meteorite Armbands equipped. That's pretty crazy.

nuKkPED.jpg

vXMhYqR.jpg

This is my favorite new outfit I have seen so far. 

The amount of content they added is so much more than I think anyone expected of the developers.

Every single day we find out something new even after two weeks.

Edited by En Garde

I'm leveling up pretty quickly on Howlwind Hill so I am going to keep doing that because I am the ability to see what you're fighting instead of just staying in one spot and whistling makes things a lot different. It also helps a lot to have the battle sped up. I want to try and do it without the Wight Priest if I can.

How do I access the final labyrinth and face off against Esturk, Jahagos (or whatever his name is) and any other bosses? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I did it! My Hero was Level 63. Thanks n00b avenger. Morii Satan was revived once and I almost panicked when the blue tree hit knocked out Nohii with a critical hit but Hulk survived with 64 HP. The Battle Suit is mine! : D

Edited by Winter