Sign in to follow this  
KuroiBlaze

Importing

I can't believe DQ8 is ten years old.  I already had a baby and everything when it came out.  I'm old...

So that kid is starting fifth grade this year?

So did anyone else pre-order from amiami?  I did and.. kind of surprised that the game isn't in their stock yet...

I just hope I can complete the transaction before the end of friday, and if it got shipped I'd be pretty happy too.

Yay, it's in stock now and I was able to pay Amiami!  I hope it ships soon.. and I kind of don't expect it to be here for like 10+ days, but I guess I can wait...

Of course... we can all wait. Remember, we have all (I am assuming all of us who are importing anyway) played DQVIII before. I expect to have my game Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Same here. My copy and Cranberry's copy will come on Monday as well. (I bought hers because I really wanted her to play it)

Walkthroughs are already showing up on YouTube thanks to

Kouli30

and

Hikaru Games

Edited by DranzerX13

Oh yes!  I'm so happy right now I could scream!!!  Even if it's just watching someone else play I can be happy with that for now!!  Thank you for posting!

Oh hell yes! Kouli was around 11 years ago and helped write the first guide when I was around on GameFAQs. Sweet! : D

Edit: Ouch! I don't regret my purchase but man this is a step down from the PS2 version. I can't wait to play but at the same time there are some noticeable differences in sounds and such. The soundtrack sounds synthesized at times and not orchestrated like it was said it would be. I will enjoy the game but will have to wait for Dragon Quest XI on the PS4 for a FULL experience.

Overall I have to give it a 9/10 instead of 10/10 as I thought the original. It's an A compared to A+

Edited by Winter

Yes!!!!! My copy has begun to ship!~   At this point I'm now content if it does for some reason take 2 weeks to ship, just so long as I can get it before Sept 30th to redeem my Roto sword code, then I'll be happy! :3  

Yes!!!!! My copy has begun to ship!~   At this point I'm now content if it does for some reason take 2 weeks to ship, just so long as I can get it before Sept 30th to redeem my Roto sword code, then I'll be happy! :3  

Hate to burst your bubble but that's for first release copies only so I don't know how many that's limited to. I hope I get it as well. I'll be using Spears for the Hero anyway. 

Mhm, the copy I pre-ordered on Amiami mentioned that it comes with the pre-order bonus. 

These are first release copies...

Mhm, the copy I pre-ordered on Amiami mentioned that it comes with the pre-order bonus code.  

@Winter - I agree, while I still love it, it's definitely a step down from the PS2

The soundtrack sounds synthesized at times and not orchestrated like it was said it would be. I will enjoy the game but will have to wait for Dragon Quest XI on the PS4 for a FULL experience.

Are you playign with headphones? 3DS sound is usually way way way way better with headphones; the speakers on the unit aren't great.

Yes, Winter, my kid did just start 5th grade.  I can't believe DQ8 is that old (or my son).

Okay I just defeated Zapan (forgot his English name) and I skipped ahead to Port Link/Prospect and picked up an Iron Lance for the Hero (Eito) after stopping in Lizas Village to upgrade Yangus's weapon from the Club to the Stone Axe.

Just got Morrie woo.

He joined at level 35 even though I'm still only level 30. Guess I got him a little sooner than they generally expect.

• Upvote 1

Can you translate the new bits of dialogue for us? Especially for the new party members.

Will have to wait until the Let's Play videos out there get that far into the game obviously.

Edited by En Garde

I noticed that in some let's plays some people had the hero start out with a powerful sword.

There are videos now of the ending somehow someone has rushed through the game showing a lot of new scenes.  Good stuff!  I only wished this had been done on a console, I can only imagine how much better and smoother it would have been.  Perhaps maybe in the future they will and add Young Yangus as part of a compilation.

As I was expecting, Red/Gelda can steal, yay. Now I don't need to put points into scythes.

Also Morrie's hammer skillset is actually pretty decent, including a 50% chance critical move. Now hammers actually have a use.

Edit: Actually I take that back. Her steal seems to be a passive bonus to after battle like the original thief class in 6 and 7. Guess if you want those rare drops you'll be using scythes after all

Edited by The n00b Avenger

I was thinking about importing. But I just found out items don't have an icon to show you what they are, its just a menu.

I was thinking about importing. But I just found out items don't have an icon to show you what they are, its just a menu.

They do have pictures. You heard incorrectly.