Sign in to follow this  
KuroiBlaze

Importing

I really wish to play this game as soon as possible haha. I loved the PS2 version. Once I gave it a second chance anyway. I wish they would at least say for sure yay or nay for us. If we won't be getting it, I'll import it. Even though I don't know Japanese. I'm sure I could find help online worse case. You guys maybe haha.

You'll need a JP 3DS (( or N3DS, can't remember )).

Have fun buying one for less than $200USD.

No need for a Japanese console as long as your american system is at system software version 9.2 or below. Just need a Gateway card and a MicroSD card. You can use Gateway's launcher to dump your cartridge the cartridge and copy it over to the MicroSD for the flashcart. Then play to your heart's content from the flashcart, bypassing the region lock. (This is how I'm playing DQ7. :D )

Or if your above 9.3 to 9.9.0-26 you have ninjahax 2(cubic Ninja), tubehax(Youtube), or ironhax(Ironfall).

I can't wait to see the let's plays

You'd actually have a harder time buying one for more than 200 USD considering the yen and dollar exchange rate. I got my Japanese New 3DS XL for 180 including shipping. Though with the charger sold separately it came out to 195.

I didn't have any hangups over buying a Japanese 3DS because I didn't already have a 3DS though. I wouldn't recommend buying an extra 3DS for it if you already have one

Edited by The n00b Avenger

I'm seriously thinking about Ironhax.  I'm glad I downloaded that game when I could; I was thinking of deleting it recently.  Anyway, where's Darck to weigh in on all this talk of importing?  :P  I haven't been around much, but I think that guy went and got himself banned.

Anyway, where's Darck to weigh in on all this talk of importing?  :P  I haven't been around much, but I think that guy went and got himself banned.

That he did

• Upvote 2

Anyway, where's Darck to weigh in on all this talk of importing? :P I haven't been around much, but I think that guy went and got himself banned.

That he did
Good! I was getting tired of his dogging everyone at every little thing and being downright negative all the time. Plus he, like Mortamor and Fur, got after me for saying I imported for no reason.

Though I fear his next incarnation will appear in the next two or three months or so. Just call it ol Yangus's nose for treasu- er, trolling.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 2

There were used ones for sale at a store in NYC for less than $150.

Heck, they're all over eBay for brand new $180 and much less for used.

Since the prices are easy to check, I'm assuming you were literally wishing fun upon people since the price is less than $200?

I don't import, but the one time I looked an import 3DS was $250.

I got my Jap 3DS for $160 new, and with DQ7 I only spent $200. I think I got lucky though, as prices for them raised not long after. I think the color you get oddly plays a part in price, as the white one I bought at the time was cheaper then some of the other colors.

They are pretty cheap right now.  The yen is in terrible shape, so the exchange works out well for importing things at this time.  I saw one on play-asia for $130 before shipping. Now that the New 3DS came out, you can get the old model for 12,000 yen on Japanese amazon which is very cheap.

When it comes to importing systems I will stick to living vicariously though all of you

• Upvote 2

I don't think I'll be importing, but I'm damn sure gonna do some illegal stuff down the line if these games don't ever come to these shores.  Judge me if you want, but I've given plenty of money to SE, and I'd give plenty more if they would just release the games that I have been wanting.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I'll be importing, but I'm damn sure gonna do some illegal stuff down the line if these games don't ever come to these shores. Judge me if you want, but I've given plenty of money to SE, and I'd give plenty more if they would just release the games that I have been wanting.

Guilty.

Of repeatedly screwed over by Squeenix. Do it!

• Upvote 1

I don't think I'll be importing, but I'm damn sure gonna do some illegal stuff down the line if these games don't ever come to these shores. Judge me if you want, but I've given plenty of money to SE, and I'd give plenty more if they would just release the games that I have been wanting.

Guilty.

Of repeatedly screwed over by Squeenix. Do it!

My poor anus hurts.

Thanks SE.. :/

I can't play this game without the English voices at this point. I'm too used to them because of how awesome they are. And Japanese Yangus sucks. 

• Upvote 1

Play Asia had a special of a 3DS LL for $172.99 (I wanted it in black but that was $229.99) and I ordered Dragon Quest VIII through NCSX already.

Well my 3DS arrived today but (and I forgot this) it didn't include a charger so off to Best Buy I went to pick one up. Then it took some work through understanding Japanese (of which my understanding isn't so great) to get me connected to the internet but through trial and error I am all set up. Now I count down the days to the arrival of the game. 

Edited by Winter

Yeah it'll be a bit longer for me because I want the actual cart. Super psyched though. The bonus content makes me feel the same way it did when I first got the game 11 years ago.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe DQ8 is ten years old.  I already had a baby and everything when it came out.  I'm old...

• Upvote 1