Ok so I just installed DQMSL on my iPhone 5S it was super easy

First create a free email address (gmail etc...)

Next open App Store

Scroll down to bottom of "Featured Page"

Select your apple ID and then hit log out

Select a free app to download any app

Select "Create new Apple ID"

Make sure to select Thailand as you region

Register the account and put in ANY address in Thailand

Verify your account thru E-Mail

Search for Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light

Hit "Get" and bam you're done

Nay, nay. Click on a free app and try to make a new account. When you do it that way, the option "none" appears when it asks for credit card info.

Sweet!  I got the game downloaded on my iPhone now.  Can I make In-App Purchases under my US account while I play the game?  Or do I need to log back in the Thailand account (which doesn't have a valid payment option)?

I wonder if the game will ever get an official US release.

Sweet!  I got the game downloaded on my iPhone now.  Can I make In-App Purchases under my US account while I play the game?  Or do I need to log back in the Thailand account (which doesn't have a valid payment option)?

I wonder if the game will ever get an official US release.

it gladly sucked up the US Google Play funds I had.  I'd expect it'd be the same with Apple.  Hopefully.

Edited by The Mystical One

I checked the store and it lists all the IAP in U.S. dollars so I'm more than confident it will work.

Although I really wish nor mobile games would offer more valuable dlc instead of the whole "buy 10,000 gems for five bucks!" thing most do. I'm happy though. I got the game up and running on my phone. It will give me something to do after DQ 6 and FF Record Keeper.

I checked the store and it lists all the IAP in U.S. dollars so I'm more than confident it will work.

Although I really wish nor mobile games would offer more valuable dlc instead of the whole "buy 10,000 gems for five bucks!" thing most do. I'm happy though. I got the game up and running on my phone. It will give me something to do after DQ 6 and FF Record Keeper.

I'd think that this game released with maybe 7 dungeons and tons of monsters for free would be great. Then $5 for each additional 5 dungeons. Is that such a bad model?

Total guess because I haven't tried myself but I assume that because it requires a credit card from that region in the first place to create an iTunes account I'm going to say using an American card won't work. It's up in the air if gift cards will be effective though if it uses American currency though.

Well I downloaded the game on my Thialand account that I made, logged out and back into my US account and started playing. All the IAP prices are U.S. currency. I'll try to buy the $0.99 gem pack during lunch to see if it lets me.

Platty - The five additional dungeons sounds like a substantial upgrade but all I saw in the store was various gem packs so I assumed all the dlc was various gem packs.

I tried buying gems and it doesn't work because you need a card issued by Thai bank... I tried to buy gift cards but it forces you to login to itunes... If you log in with the US account it kick you out and back to the US App Store, If you log into the Thai account it asks for credit card info, I could put in all my info but under billing address there is no option for any of the states... I'm afraid to go get an iTunes gift card here because I bet it will be region locked to the US... I don't see any way to buy gems using iOS...

Platty - The five additional dungeons sounds like a substantial upgrade but all I saw in the store was various gem packs so I assumed all the dlc was various gem packs.

You misunderstood. I was saying a game that did that with the 5 extra dungeons might make more money then the whole gem thing. I won't pay for gems. I'd pay for more content.

9b0710c5f071a5e2e041cff7afe60540.jpg This is my team and level. One was from the pre-register bonus. One was from consecutive log ins. The rest was from consecutive log ins, normal quest recruiting and ovolving monsters. No a dime spent. You don't need to spend money to do well in this game.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

In a lot of Japanese free-to-play games, you don't need to spend money to do well so long as you put forth the time, you need to spend money to dominate. And the obsessives that love a particular series will no doubt do that. They're the ones that mostly support that game. 

You misunderstood. I was saying a game that did that with the 5 extra dungeons might make more money then the whole gem thing. I won't pay for gems. I'd pay for more content.

Indeed I did misunderstand lol.

I agree though. I'd rather pay $20 for a mobile game that's not designed around a "pay-to-win" scheme than to download a "free" game that actively encourages people to pay for gem packs/in-game currency/stamina refills for competitive advantages.

• Upvote 1

Indeed I did misunderstand lol.

I agree though. I'd rather pay $20 for a mobile game that's not designed around a "pay-to-win" scheme than to download a "free" game that actively encourages people to pay for gem packs/in-game currency/stamina refills for competitive advantages.

Ditto, Bob. Ditto.

In a lot of Japanese free-to-play games, you don't need to spend money to do well so long as you put forth the time, you need to spend money to dominate. And the obsessives that love a particular series will no doubt do that. They're the ones that mostly support that game. 

That's true.  However I was responding to the people who think it takes from the experience if you can't buy gems (unless they need to be one of those people you mention). 

Why exactly isn't this game available on any app markets? It's been fully translated and even localized to English and there are obviously servers up as we're all playing the game perfectly fine and there are even quest events. Why in the world hasn't SE released this onto the Play Store and iTunes? If they want to sell gems, they're going to need more players than just us here at the Den.

It's a SE Asia release. The english translation is for countries such as Australia and NZ. It also got translated for other SE Asian countries as well. You're right though. It's already translated so a NA release would be nice.

It's a SE Asia release. The english translation is for countries such as Australia and NZ. It also got translated for other SE Asian countries as well. You're right though. It's already translated so a NA release would be nice.

They really should release it in NA. I have to admit...I really didn't think I would like this. I don't play these kind of casual mobile games (especially the kind with IAP), but I'm pretty significantly hooked on this one.

• Upvote 1

They really should release it in NA. I have to admit...I really didn't think I would like this. I don't play these kind of casual mobile games (especially the kind with IAP), but I'm pretty significantly hooked on this one.

Ditto.
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck with in-app purchase / credit card?     Anyone get a pre-paid card and try to use it?

Not sure why people keep asking this as there's nothing preventing you from making purchases with your existing card. Now, I *did* have trouble with it processing my card, but I think that might just be my bank being paranoid. However, it accepted PayPal and Google Play Credit from me with no problem and others have reported success with their ordinary cards.