Sign in to follow this  
Tymek

DQX PC Japanese Characters not working

Hiya.

I've seen the problem mentioned before, somewhere, but I was unable to backtrace it, so here is my seperate plead for help.

When trying to type in Japanese characters using Microsoft IME, all it does is display ?'s instead of the Japanese characters...

Can anybody help please? ;_;

Is your System Locale set to Japanese?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-system-locale#1TC=windows-7

Don't worry, it won't change the language of your system. It sets the expected language for applications, and since Japanese requires Unicode, it sets up expectations for that (which is why otherwise you get ?'s). I believe that there's a way to set it for only specific applications, but I don't know that off hand and someone else will have to jump in on that.

Edited by Polantaris

Is your System Locale set to Japanese?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-system-locale#1TC=windows-7

Don't worry, it won't change the language of your system. It sets the expected language for applications, and since Japanese requires Unicode, it sets up expectations for that (which is why otherwise you get ?'s). I believe that there's a way to set it for only specific applications, but I don't know that off hand and someone else will have to jump in on that.

Thank you so much! I had a little bit more trouble finding it since I use Windows 8.1 Update 1 and it's slightly differently located...

:)