Campaigning for a localization early

You know, I don't understand the point of campaigning early for a video game that, within all rights, should and likely will make it here.

I definately see a PS4 copy making it here.

3DS? Doubtful, but possible.

I'd really rather have the 3DS version. If an early campaign will help get that version over here, the point is made as far as I'm concerned.

Me as well.  As much as I want to see DQ on a big screen, I still play my DS and PSP far more often than my home consoles.  I'd play both, definitely.

• Upvote 1

You know, I don't understand the point of campaigning early for a video game that, within all rights, should and likely will make it here.

I definately see a PS4 copy making it here.

3DS? Doubtful, but possible.

I'd really rather have the 3DS version. If an early campaign will help get that version over here, the point is made as far as I'm concerned.

Me as well. As much as I want to see DQ on a big screen, I still play my DS and PSP far more often than my home consoles. I'd play both, definitely.

Same here. I'm glad that the PS4 is getting a release because it'll make the fans happy and result in the game being more successful than IX was. But ultimately, if I had to personally choose between which one we could get, I'd definitely choose the 3DS version.

Sent from my MotoPod

• Upvote 1

Any reason why we won't get both? I assume the script for both of them would be the same, ps4 version might have some voice acting though.

We'll get at least one of them, I'm sure of it. There's no reason not to localize it really.

Any reason why we won't get both? I assume the script for both of them would be the same, ps4 version might have some voice acting though.

We'll get at least one of them, I'm sure of it. There's no reason not to localize it really.

Sony or Nintendo decide to pay for the localization, denying the other company's system (at least for a time, or maybe forever).

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't Yuji Horii say himself that he really wanted to bring XI to the west?

I think the best way for people to know about dragon quest is let's plays or similar, saigan is doing god's work on that front in fact I found this forum thanks to his DQX let's play.

Of course DQ is a japanese style game, slow paced and peaceful, it doesn't involve a lot of shouting or sadism like most meme games, so most hyperactive let's players don't even touch it.

Edited by wiregu
  • 2 weeks later...

I have high hopes for an announcement at PSX this year since DQ7/8 are actually coming to the west. Builders/Heroes2 localization are prob my minimum expectations since they will have a low amount of text and Verendus on NeoGAF had said 5 DQ PS games are coming to the west. Heroes1 is one of them and Builders/Heroes2/10/11 are all the upcoming DQ PS games. Gio Corsi also does the 3rd Party Productions, so if SE is too lazy to localize like 7/8, TTP will most certainly step in. Yazuka 5 is coming this month to PSN thanks to him and Yazuka is way more niche than DQ. IColor me surprised if at least 1 DQ localization doesn't happen at PSX. I'm fairly excited for PSX obviously. 😅

Edited by Gold47
  • Upvote 1

I have high hopes for an announcement at PSX this year since DQ7/8 are actually coming to the west. Builders/Heroes2 localization are prob my minimum expectations since they will have a low amount of text and Verendus on NeoGAF had said 5 DQ PS games are coming to the west. Heroes1 is one of them and Builders/Heroes2/10/11 are all the upcoming DQ PS games. Gio Corsi also does the 3rd Party Productions, so if SE is too lazy to localize like 7/8, TTP will most certainly step in. Yazuka 5 is coming this month to PSN thanks to him and Yazuka is way more niche than DQ. IColor me surprised if at least 1 DQ localization doesn't happen at PSX. I'm fairly excited for PSX obviously.

I don't remember writing this... Oh wait, someone stole my avatar picture!  :P

EDIT: Re-reading the post... DQX!?!?!? AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I feel pretty confident we will get DQ XI

Yeah, me too. Never thought I'd say that. However, here we are getting VII and VIII. XI is looking pretty positive.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4

• 1 month later...

I like how people keep responding to X month old posts today. Must be the newest trend...