So I have not used any seeds that I have collected so far in DQVI

I have 6 Agility, 4 Resilience, 5 Life, 4 Strength, 5 Magic 

I was just wondering who is it best to use these on... And any future seeds I acquire

I t would seem Ashlynn or Nevan could really use the seeds of life, but at the same time Ashlynn is pretty useless so not sure I want to waste seeds on her...

I don't know where you are in the game, so I won't spoil anything. I don't think I've used any of my seeds either. That said, just for fun I stuck Ashlynn in battle by herself. She's taken no damage and wiped out the entire party of monsters in one round. She had a little trouble with the next battle, but she killed em all in 4 rounds. I'm at the end of the game and she's at Level 58. Depending on how you play, she can be quite powerful. But so can Nevan and Milayou(Milly). I've been through 5 battles, and she's not been killed. I had the reserve heal after most of the battles, but you'd probably have to do that any ways after a few battles with a full party. I've been though 9 battles. She's out of MP. Battle 10. Wiped out two monsters first round. Wiped out another monster 2nd round, sustained a lot of damage from a powerful monster. 171/463 HP. Attacked monster 3rd. Attacked and killed monster 4rd round. Finished battle with 171 HP. Healed to full. Battle 11, she's on her 3rd round. 2/2 monsters alive, and has 91 HP left. 4th round attempted to heal herself and died. So, in short, she needs backup. She can be good on her own for a while, but once she's out of MP and up against a high HP monster she's going to understandably struggle. :P

Lol :P I like your argument for using her lol :P I am up to Swanstone Castle now... I really Like Hero, Carver and Amos... After that not sure who else I would really use, I have Nevan, Milly, Ashlynn of those I like Milly best... 

I saved all my seeds and used them on Terry, but that's just me. Terry is a lot better in the Mobile port than the DS port.

• Upvote 1

So I have not used any seeds that I have collected so far in DQVI

I have 6 Agility, 4 Resilience, 5 Life, 4 Strength, 5 Magic

I was just wondering who is it best to use these on... And any future seeds I acquire

I t would seem Ashlynn or Nevan could really use the seeds of life, but at the same time Ashlynn is pretty useless so not sure I want to waste seeds on her...

I ended with like 12 life. Used them on Milly outside the final boss door. Used the ~10 strengrh on Carver. Figured out who had low Agility and used those 15 on them. Basically I saved them the entire time and used them outside the final boss's door. Milly gained like 40% max HP. It was good.

Nice, sounds like a good plan... So who all did you have in your final party? Hero, Carver, Milly, Terry?? What about Classes? Just trying to prepare :P I'm just about to visit Slimeopolis for the first time :)

Nice, sounds like a good plan... So who all did you have in your final party? Hero, Carver, Milly, Terry?? What about Classes? Just trying to prepare I'm just about to visit Slimeopolis for the first time :)

Rex

Milly

Carver

Hero

Rex was the superstar. By a long shot.

I'm playing through the SFC version and struggling with the Slime Arena.  I've almost grinded through all job classes, but my Slime gets knocked out in the first battle of the final rank (even as a Battlemaster, Paladin, or Fighter-Mage).  It's a problem with low MP and the fact that Last Tensks can reflect Explodet and other magic--so you basically have to kill them outright with a single group-based attack spell, so they can't counter.

In retrospect I wish I'd saved some seeds for slime training.  I'm hoping the Hero Class Lightning spell will do the trick.

If I remember correctly the Slime Arena was much easier in the DS version.

Sounds that way, I had a really easy time with it using Goowain as a Paladin. No grinding was necessary.

Sounds that way, I had a really easy time with it using Goowain as a Paladin. No grinding was necessary.

I used the King Slime as a Dragon on mobile. A few classes up and it was quite easy, yes.

I'm sure that it, then.  I'm using a classic blue slime at level 46 with all classes mastered except Ranger, Hero, Dragon and Metal Babble.  Had I hunted for a stronger slime it would have been easier.

It's too class-grinded now, and I'm determined to stick with it, so either leveling, class-leveling or seeding is probably my safest bet.

What sucks is that I know my bonus-character reward is going to be a level 1 blue slime. :laugh:

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, it's a bit easier in the DS.

SFC version has of course +25% HP for all enemies (or +20% for some...it's around that...and a few of the higher enemies are closer to +10%).

SFC version has the weaker Thin Air and Windsickles...solidly the Thin Air is less worrisome from enemies as you've a single character, and Healall/Fullheal makes a huge difference.

SFC version makes it much harder...MUCH harder to recruit good slimes, especially Slime Knights, which are only available in two spots in the game, the first being the Dreamseer's cave, HOWEVER, compared to the DS version, they're exceedingly rare.  I've gone through 100+ battles before, without seeing one.  In the DS, they're in almost every other battle.  They are much easier to recruit around the Slime Arena, at the time the Arena opens.  However you've the option of recruiting King Slimes in the same area as well, and their HP/SP/Str pool makes them solid candidates...though they level at about 2/3rds the rate of Slime Knights.

The DS's advantages are in giving you Goowain with ease, and in just enough time that most players should have him to his 3rd class whenever the Slime Arena is opened.  Slime Knights are also better equipped naturally, at least until the Falcon Knife Earrings are available, but then, you'd have to recruit King Slimes, and in the SFC, it's actually easier to recruit one than finish off the Style contest...well, for most gamers anyway.  Spend a little extra time farming, and Kingsley is pretty easy to come by, especially if the Hero or Milly has maxed Luminary.  Kingsley's base stats are pretty solid all around, but then you don't need him, due to just how easily obtained your first slime knight is.

There's also the fact that the normal slime starts with lower stats than Rookie/Goober, and has the disadvantage of no special Ice Breath at level 45.  Also the SFC version's recruitment rates are insane compared to DQV.  I mean insane.  Even if it's a 1/32, for some reason it feels more like a 1/256.  It usually takes me 400+ battles to get a single Healslime, let alone hunt an early Slime Knight.