Sign in to follow this  
shan780

What platform(s) will you get DQXI for?

What platform will you get DQXI on?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have no interest in owning a console for a single game, but we'll see.

Only if it's on mobile right? :P

Correct.

For me though, I have no interest in a modern gaming console. I'd break a 3DS, not to mention I'd have to rebuy my digital library (( BOO NINTENDO BOO )), and... I don't know about the PS4. I'd get Destiny and DQH, and DQXI if it ever got here, but I'd trade it back in a month after I bought it.

I voted both, for obvious reasons.  I'm not particular to any particular build or way of playing DQ.  I love'em all.

• Upvote 1

3DS only. Looks like the superior version. 

It really does.

My love of 16-bit withstanding.

PS4. But I may get it for the NX depending on what it is and if it can play it better and faster than the PS4.  3DS is nice and portable and all but I wanted a full glorious 3D Dragon Quest experience for a long time, and them using the Unreal 4 Engine?  Hell yea am I getting it on my big screen T.V in all its glory. 

Edited by Alexandrious

I own  both a PS4 and a 3DS but I'd probably get it on a console rather than a handheld, playing on the big screen with what looks to be a huge vibrant world sounds great <3

PS4 but since I already have a DS which I bought exclusively for DQVII :unhappy: , I will probably get the DS version too.

• Upvote 1

I will probably get both when they come to the west hope there is some kind of Xross play where i can continue my save from the PS4 on the 3DS but there will most likely not because its Sony and Nintendo but would love to see that happen.

3DS only. Looks like the superior version. 

We can only tell when we see dat battle gameplay on the PS4.  If its as fast as the 3DS version, then we have a winner.  Remote Play that to your Vita and you have the ultimate handheld version.

I, of course choose both... If I was being forced to have a preference... say, my non-existent son was being held at gun-point... then I am very sorry, non-existent son whom I shall name George, you're pretty much as good as dead. What can I say? If it's Dragon Quest, I love it. I can't choose on a favorite gaming style! The DQIX style is incredible, the DQVIII style is just plain beautiful, and the 16-bit style is chock-full of nostalgia! So, I shall buy both versions, and no amount of not owning a PS4 will change that! -Initiating Hype Mode-

Edited by Hoshino22

I don't really have the money or the place for a PS4 version, so it would be 3DS for me.

I prefer to play in an handled anyway.

And the ability to change between both modes is really pleasing me.

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

3DS for me.

if there's a WiiU version I'd get that instead though.

The PS4 needs way more quality exclusives for me to consider buying one

Edited by wiregu

I'd go with both, and I'll even buy a PS4 for it. I'm interested in Heroes as well.

Question for European gamers: I'm from the US but live in Germany now. Do I need to import games for my 3DS, which I purchased in the US? Still confused about this region locking business... :(

Question for European gamers: I'm from the US but live in Germany now. Do I need to import games for my 3DS, which I purchased in the US? Still confused about this region locking business... :(

You'll either need to import games from the US or get a European 3DS. Although, I think there are methods of disabling the 3DS's region lock now, but I've never done that.

Good question. I know US 3DS means US games. But that's in relation to Japanese games. I'm interested to see an answer to your question.

Yeah, I'm guessing there's a region lock between Europe and the US as well. I'll just import games to be safe like Psi suggested. Thanks, Psi!

I will be getting the PS4 version for sure.  I may or may not get the 3DS version later.  One thing that I hope is that you can turn off the 2D mode on the 3DS version.  It looks cool but I find it visually jarring having the 3D version on the top screen and the 2D version on the bottom screen.  Visually it just clashes in my opinion.  Being able to switch between modes entirely would be cool though.

They already confirmed you can.

Apparently having both at the same time is only for the intro sequence.

They already confirmed you can.

Apparently having both at the same time is only for the intro sequence.

Oh yeah?  That's pretty cool!

I dislike having the 3D graphics up top and the 2D at the bottom.  I'd rather have the option to select between 3D/2D and the second screen as a map screen.  I doubt I'd play in the 2D mode much at all.  I really like the 3D look of the game on the 3DS.

I said it before but the 2D mode on the 3DS is just screaming "future mobile port" to me lol.  I wouldn't be surprised if a year after the PS4 and 3DS versions we see a mobile port of DQ 11 that is just the 3DS's 2D version sold separately and to be completely honest that's what I would like to happen.  I would love to have the full-blown 3D version on my PS4 and a cool retro 2D version on my phone.  If that happened I wouldn't need the 3DS version at all.

But if we do get DQ 7 and 8 on 3DS I would buy the 3DS version of DQ 11 just to have a neat little collection.  I rarely use my 3DS anymore (my daughter mainly plays it for Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D World) but localized versions of DQ 7, 8, and 11 would be enough to convince me to upgrade into a "New" 3DS XL. :)

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. It'll definitely be nice to have 4 - 9 and 11 on the 3DS.

It's wishful thinking, but it'd be neat if they also came out with updated versions of 1 - 3 on a single cartridge for the 3DS. Those games have been done to death though so I doubt there's any demand for that now, but it'd be so cool to be able to play 1 - 11 (minus 10... up yours 10!) on a single portable device.

Edited by NapAttack

I plan on getting both a 3DS and PS4 in the near future so I say both :P

Is the PS4 version somehow able to incorporate the second screen with the classic DQ map, or is that exclusive to the 3DS?  Also will DQXI run on older 3DS or New 3DS only?

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dragon-quest-xi-first-interview-yuji-horii-translated#biKTrwAXPdkez2GU.99

What Hori said in this interview suggests the classic look is only on 3DS, but I guess that could change.

Don't think they ever specified if it would be N3DS only or not. I'd imagine they don't want to reduce the install base like that, but then again, DQ would move units.

I plan on getting both a 3DS and PS4 in the near future so I say both :P

Between the two versions I'd go with the PS4 but if both versions make it outside of Japan I would like to own each version.

It's too bad we won't be able to transfer saves between the console and handheld versions.  I did that with Final Fantasy 10 HD on PS3 and PS Vita and it was really awesome lol.  I played the Vita version away from the house and the PS3 version while at home.  Truly the best of both worlds. :)

• Upvote 1

Horrible bet they might try to make it "New 3DS only".

I'd say 3DS for now, unless the incentive arrises for a PS4 purchase (looking at you KH3) prior or the price drops and more RPGs arrive.

Oh man I hope they have internet connection so everyone can connect, but optional and perfected (looking at you DQX).

Customize at least one character (appearence and partly personality; looking at you ToW: Radiant Mythology) and multiple branching outcomes based off multiple different decisions (like Chrono Trigger).

Hopefully they make an option to have the details on the bottom screen like DQIX did.