How do you guys feel about the new version of the Overture?

I'm not liking it.  It feels like a very weak remix that just loses too much of the feel of the original build.  It's not even the build-up alone, which feels totally uninspired.  It's the whole thing.

I didn't like it much at first. But then a couple hours later I found myself humming it. :P

Pretty damn catchy. Though I still think that the version starting with IX is the best.

Edited by SlackerGuyS21

It sounds like the normal DQ over tune after a bit. The intro was remixed, for some reason. Like the commercial for DQ IV.

Are all the women paid to talk like that or what? after so many commercials no matter the situation, that same happy energetic voice. even with some guys.  

Ok, just so I don't have to watch the whole video, when is the overture played at?

I think this will depend on the visuals, too.

This sounds like it is going "slow" on purpose, like it is only teasing, teasing, teasing, and then it starts.

So, if the visuals do the same, making us excited for what is coming, it will work nicely.

Oh, they're watching us.  I suspect pretty closely.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually prefer this version. The version from last generation had a lot of brass instruments, and I don't like brass instruments much. This version still has some, but they've toned it down. There is something about the new version that I don't like that the previous version didn't, but I don't know what it is and it doesn't really bother me that much.

I still rank GBC DQ1 as my favourite version of the theme, though. At least until I go to Youtube to find a version other than GBC, last gen and XI.

What's REALLY trippy is when I put Dragon Warrior 3 in my NES and it DOESN'T have this overture. I can't think of DQ without it even though it hasn't always been there.

I'm a bit late, but it has always been there. For some reason, the NES version didn't use the Overture, but the Famicom one did.

As for this new version, It's not my favorite, but I'll wait until I hear it in game before I judge it.

Edited by The Chief