Apparently this game takes place after Dracolord destroys Alefgard, which happens if the hero says "yes" to joining him.

So i thought about it and came to the conclusion that we have a "zelda-ish" timeline going on with the trilogy of Erdrick and made this chart

tumblr_inline_ns7ynwPw031r5dvfv_540.jpg

• Upvote 2

It'll be interesting to see if DQXI will fit into your flowchart in any way. The logo is DQI backwards, so it may take place somewhere in the trilogy.

That's actually very interesting. Maybe it's a fourth game in the Erdrick saga. That would be so cool.

Hell maybe it'll be a continuation with the world builders setup.

Assuming Builders doesn't have a bare bones story,

I'd assume it does. I mean, there's supposed to be nothing around but you and monsters. It'll have as much story as the Tom Hanks & Wilson island movie.

It'd be cool if it was a sequel to DQII.

That's what builders 2 is probably gonna be if this does good

I'd do DQB 2 as related to DWVII, a prequel. An empty world with only 1 island. Build it up.

Builders will prove to be a very interesting and creative game.  It will definitely be one I will want to add to my library of RPGs.

The timeline does seem very interesting as was the Zelda timeline.

Edited by Madrigal
  • Upvote 1

There needs to be a Dragon Quest Hystoria. 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd do DQB 2 as related to DWVII, a prequel. An empty world with only 1 island. Build it up.

That wouldn't make any sense.  Where did all the buildings go?  What about their history?  Estard and Fishbel had been present forever and ever from their collective memories, at least sometime well after the last continent was swallowed up in the past.

You'd need an alternative future.

Hero,Kiefer, and Marible die to the first three slimes.  Or how about Hero dies to Matilda. The problem there is you'd only have Estard Isle.  Not much fun.  The storyline requires it to be the Hero.  So it would make more sense if Orgodemir kills the Hero at the end of the game, and this takes place 50 years later, after Orgodemir gets bored, kills everything in sight, razes all towns, then goes to sleep to await a day when people repopulate and he can slaughter/torment them again.  The survivors pop out of their caverns, and start to rebuild the world.

You could also handle it, end of disc 1, against Orgodemir in the past, the party perishes, and with them the dress and the last dancer.  The female head of the Deja tribe is too old to properly teach the dance, and no Idol Dress can be found, or any made, and no one knows how or where to start looking in the past.  Orgy remains asleep, and over time, the world develops into a technological wonderland.  A company called BP drills for oil right off the cost of Rexwood, finding a portal to a world of monsters, who, even without their leader, are able to take over, crush all resistance, then destroy the world.  In their boredom of hunting humans and being overzealous, most of them find hovels to crash in for the next few hundred years. Cut to several hundred years later, and the monsters stop attacking humans out of complacency and a lack of consideration, feeling humans are too weak to be worthwhile.  Now the world can rebuild.

Edited by ignasia7

That wouldn't make any sense. Where did all the buildings go? What about their history? Estard and Fishbel had been present forever and ever from their collective memories, at least sometime well after the last continent was swallowed up in the past.

You'd need an alternative future.

Hero,Kiefer, and Marible die to the first three slimes. Or how about Hero dies to Matilda. The problem there is you'd only have Estard Isle. Not much fun. The storyline requires it to be the Hero. So it would make more sense if Orgodemir kills the Hero at the end of the game, and this takes place 50 years later, after Orgodemir gets bored, kills everything in sight, razes all towns, then goes to sleep to await a day when people repopulate and he can slaughter/torment them again. The survivors pop out of their caverns, and start to rebuild the world.

After 30 days I can't bother to read this. I'm time sensitive like that.

Smartass, and you missed my edit!

They missed the opportunity to call this game Slimecraft.

• Upvote 1

No they didn't, that's being withheld for the next cross-over, an RTS game of Slimes versus Humans versus Monsters.  Yes, Slimecraft 1: The Rise of the Goo!

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

No they didn't, that's being withheld for the next cross-over, an RTS game of Slimes versus Humans versus Monsters.  Yes, Slimecraft 1: The Rise of the Goo!

+100