Sign in to follow this  
Slimeknight

Did anyone else notice that you do not have to know Kanji(3DS)?

Yes. Furigana is included.

IX was like that, too. Notice how it doesn't have it in 16-bit mode.

Isn't that typical though? From my understanding they try to keep the games kanji lite since they target younger gamers

Pokemon ships with kana and Kanji mode, so it's not exactly super common, but not a rare thing either. 

My deductions lead me to be aware that Level 5 are known for including Furigana in all of their games, which I believe means that XI is made by Level 5.

Not that that was any surprise.

It has furigana because it's a 3DS game. Nintendo handhelds are known for targeting children so the Dragon Quest games released on there have furigana. The PS4 version most likely won't have it.

Most Japanese games have ãµã‚ŠãŒãªã€ãã†ã§ã™ã€‚ yes. 

Most Japanese games have ãµã‚ŠãŒãªã€ãã†ã§ã™ã€‚ yes.

They really don't. Especially in the RPG space. Some 3DS games do but certainly not most.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Has anyone played famicon games? They use only a mix of ã²ã‚‰ãŒãª and カタカナ. at least i can read it. understanding all of it, that is another thing.

Hiragana, Katakana, Furigana, or Kanji; I will figure out a way to play DQ. I will decipher it because the gameplay of DQ is relatively simple. You just have to have the patience to grind and once I know where the key leveling areas are or how I can get the best equipment. I will have no problem.

In DQVIII for example, the Church Beach had Metal Slimes that were relatively common. In DQV, once you got to the second chapter you could gamble for the best sword and whip in the game provided you got lucky gambling. DQVI and DQVII took a bit longer for me to build up though. DQIX I remember there being a cave I think where the second boss was or third boss that Metal Slimes appeared.

It's only towards the end that you have to make sure you're well prepared.

The GBA Slime Morimori Dragon Quest used Hiragana. For everything.

It was so weird for me, more used to seeing Katakana for English (and French, Spanish and German) words...

Katakana is used for loan words, yes. It can throw you off a bit when seeing a loan word in hiragana. like some old games. i think they use katakana for key items and words as well.

Considering that I learned a lot of English playing RPGs as a kid, I think that playing an RPG with furigana would probably help me improve my japanese a lot :P

Edited by wiregu