Sign in to follow this  
Woodus

New Forum

Don't know why I didn't just create this forum last night :) Thanks to Mr. RPG for the reminder.

Mind as well move the "first impressions" thread over here.

So it's announced now, eh? I can't help but feel dissappointed already. From what I've seen, the game looks great. But I've been burned by SE too many times now. I can't help but feel like they're going to skip releasing this too.

The good news is the PS4 has no region lock! Well, technically, it does, but it's optional to the developer. Let's hope SE doesn't region lock it...

I see no reason for them to.

The only game I can think off that was region locked was Persona 4 Arena, and that was done to avoid reverse importing.

I'm gonna import the 3DS version, 100%. I'm very excited! Both versions look great! :D I'm curious as to why SE chose to have the sprites on the bottom screen in the 3DS version, but it looks interesting. I'm pumped!

Also Woodus; I don't think it's time for XI's re-release yet. Might wanna correct that on this forum's description ;)

Edited by gooieooie

I can't write anything about DQXI without sounding super negative, so I'll just say I hope DQX gets released in The West.

Edited by Liamland

I have no doubts that the PS4 version will come to the west, but not the 3DS version cuz the other 5 released games haven't come over. Hopefully Square realizes Nintendo can't do their dirty work for them and they have to localize themselves. Anyways........

Dragon Quest XI is a huge GOTY contender for me! It'll probably take the cake, but Uncharted 4, Horizon, Zelda U say otherwise. 2015 is the year of announcements and 2016 is the year of games. Next year is going to be good.

I'm gonna import the 3DS version, 100%. I'm very excited! Both versions look great! :D I'm curious as to why SE chose to have the sprites on the bottom screen in the 3DS version, but it looks interesting. I'm pumped!

Also Woodus; I don't think it's time for XI's re-release yet. Might wanna correct that on this forum's description ;)

Because it's the top screen that is 3D.

To  The Mystical One: I think Gooieooie's question is "Why have the 2D graphics on the 3DS lower screen and not something more practical, as was the case in DQ9 on original DS?"

To Gooieooie: Am I correct? Also nice to see you around again, been a while. :)

In general. Dragon Quest XI, in the 30th anniversary year of the series. Yes, yes, emphatic yes. If I could have any more yes to give, Chris "The Fish" Squire would need to still be alive today.

2016 could be our year, everyone!

I'm just as happy the day I saw DQ VIII announced in a magazine in 2004! I really believe that this game will be the defining DQ game of the series now.  (PS4 Version) I can't wait to play it, this game I can tell will satisfy the gamer for months and months and even years to come!

After I finish my DQ VIII picture I'm working on, I will have to do some art of the DQ XI Hero! 

Edited by Madrigal

I can't write anything about DQXI without sounding super negative, so I'll just say I hope DQX gets released in The West.

Not that stoked about it?

I'm excited as hell myself, and could possibly see DQX in the west too considering the PS4 release.

That said, I'm 100% confident we'll get the PS4 version of DQXI, and quite hopeful for the 3DS release considering it's not a remake, spin-off or MMO on the 3DS. 

Not really a demake either, just two visions for the same game, one an old school styled effort and the other one an HD release more to follow in the foot-steps of DQVIII.

Genius either way, I want both.

I really love the dual screen uses for DQXI.

Edited by Tiael

So it's announced now, eh? I can't help but feel dissappointed already. From what I've seen, the game looks great. But I've been burned by SE too many times now. I can't help but feel like they're going to skip releasing this too.

The good news is the PS4 has no region lock! Well, technically, it does, but it's optional to the developer. Let's hope SE doesn't region lock it...

Ironically, everyone thinks SE is purposely trying to keep foreigners from playing X by more or less putting a sort of "region lock" on it. So everyone should be expecting them to do the same for XI. (They won't)

I'm excited as hell myself, and could possibly see DQX in the west too considering the PS4 release.

That said, I'm 100% confident we'll get the PS4 version of DQXI, and quite hopeful for the 3DS release considering it's not a remake, spin-off or MMO on the 3DS. 

Not really a demake either, just two visions for the same game, one an old school styled effort and the other one an HD release more to follow in the foot-steps of DQVIII.

Three actually.

The Past, the Present, and the Future.

To  The Mystical One: I think Gooieooie's question is "Why have the 2D graphics on the 3DS lower screen and not something more practical, as was the case in DQ9 on original DS?"

To Gooieooie: Am I correct? Also nice to see you around again, been a while. :)

In general. Dragon Quest XI, in the 30th anniversary year of the series. Yes, yes, emphatic yes. If I could have any more yes to give, Chris "The Fish" Squire would need to still be alive today.

2016 could be our year, everyone!

Yeah, that's what I meant. It seems strange to me that they'd choose to put two types of gameplay on at the same time. I just thought it was kinda strange that they chose to do that instead of, like, a map or something. Let the player choose which style they want and all that.

Also, I still come on almost daily, I just don't make daily posts. But hi! Nice to see you too! :P

Three actually.

The Past, the Present, and the Future.

That too, 2 in 1 and 1 in 1.

Either way, looks amazing.

I have no doubts that the PS4 version will come to the west, but not the 3DS version cuz the other 5 released games haven't come over. Hopefully Square realizes Nintendo can't do their dirty work for them and they have to localize themselves. Anyways........

Dragon Quest XI is a huge GOTY contender for me! It'll probably take the cake, but Uncharted 4, Horizon, Zelda U say otherwise. 2015 is the year of announcements and 2016 is the year of games. Next year is going to be good.

Hey! Don't forget Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Super Mario Maker, and Cuphead!

2016's gonna be REALLY good.