Dragon Quest XI logo leaked (!?)

This is great, that title sounds like it could have been worded better, but I'm sure when this title comes West it will be called something else such as DQ XI and the Sands of Time or something like that.

I heard this won't be an online game like dragon quest x was because it's too late for us to get it now. If dragon quest 11 were to come to the west would it be called "dragon quest 10" here instead of eleven?

No, it would definitely be called DQ XI, we all know of DQ X's existence and calling it DQ X at this point would just add insult to injury. 

They already stated that DQXI would be offline, and for home consoles.

It will likely be on the PS4 here, with a PS3 and PS4 release in Japan.

Microsoft -very well could have- also secured a license with SE to exclusively release it on the XB1 to boost sales in JP. This is likely too.

Don't expect it on the Wii U. 

Do not expect it on the 3DS or PSVita. Or mobile. A "Home console" is not a handheld.

Microsoft -very well could have- also secured a license with SE to exclusively release it on the XB1 to boost sales in JP. This is likely too.

Do not expect it on the 3DS or PSVita. Or mobile. A "Home console" is not a handheld.

Totally agreed.

All indications for DQXI thus far are:

-for consoles

-not on dedicated handhelds, mobile devices or Wii U

-traditional single-player, turn-based RPG

Edited by NidoTower

You aren't serious about that, are you?

That would be committing suicide, it's not bloody likely at all, like less than 0% chance.

I think the Wii u is just as likely as the ps4 to be honest. Basically neither are doing that great in Japan and that is the only market to consider when discussing dq releases with regards to platforms

I think the Wii u is just as likely as the ps4 to be honest. Basically neither are doing that great in Japan and that is the only market to consider when discussing dq releases with regards to platforms

I'm saying PS3/PS4 myself.

*Not an MMORPG... Not an MMORPG... Not an MMORPG... *

A because I'm getting a PS4 for DQ Heroes, PLEASE be on PS4! (or dual released on WiiU and PS4)

*Not an MMORPG... Not an MMORPG... Not an MMORPG... *

A because I'm getting a PS4 for DQ Heroes, PLEASE be on PS4! (or dual released on WiiU and PS4)

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dragon-quest-xi-will-be-offline-for-home-console

Not an MMO

http://static.naver.jp/matome_sp/img/matome9/bg_feedImg.png

Leading to speculation that this could be a return to the Roto series.

Your link is dead.

But oh my God...I would be so happy if that's true.

Is it cause the similar logo?

http://i.imgur.com/pEW0dUj.jpg?1

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq1andios/gfx/dq1andios_logo_na_350w.png

Edited by Tiael

Thanks Tiael that would be it. Hard to pay good pics via cellphone. The positioning of the number in the title instead of below is also referenced.

The rumor mill has some interesting ideas floating around now. While there are still a lot of people in the PS4 camp there is an idea that the new game could be WiiU and 3DS with monster Amibo's. Though that could just be true only for the scanner game.

Yeah, not only the logo but the subtitle can also be interpreted as something akin to "a hark back to old times"

And with Horii and the gang getting old I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last mainline game they get to work on. Could even be the finale of the series so they want to go back to its roots or something

Edited by The n00b Avenger
  • Upvote 1

Wait, did someone mention FFXII. And lazy? Together...

It used lower-quality assets (graphics and music) from a game that came out years before it for no apparent reason and had watered down gameplay from the same game. Why was it just FFXI but... worse?
You're fairly new here so you've never seen my 7,500 rants on how FFXII could just play itself. It was a labor of annoyance to finish that game. I can't tell you how many times I set up my gambits, walked into an area and put down the controller. I'd leave the room and come back later with everyone a level stronger. That dumb game could play itself.