Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

Dragon Quest Event 7/28

DQ 10 is also coming to PS4 and NX, so maybe there's hope for a Western release after all.

That's five upcoming DQ games for PS4 (DQ Heroes 1 and 2, Builders, DQ 10, and 11), three or four 3DS games (DQ 7, 8, 11, and Joker 3), potentially two NX games (DQ 10 and 11), and a couple of mobile games that might make it outside Japan.

That's a lot of DQ. The series' future is looking bright.

In Japan, anyway.

• Upvote 1

DQ 10 is also coming to PS4 and NX, so maybe there's hope for a Western release after all.

That's five upcoming DQ games for PS4 (DQ Heroes 1 and 2, Builders, DQ 10, and 11), three or four 3DS games (DQ 7, 8, 11, and Joker 3), potentially two NX games (DQ 10 and 11), and a couple of mobile games that might make it outside Japan.

In Japan, anyway.
Land of the rising sun. Sure is bright.

Over in the land of shark week and serial killers, not so much yet.

I called it, multiplatform.  I'm glad for once my prediction was correct.  But.... is it coming to the west?

Edited by Cranberry

In Japan, anyway.

At least we're guaranteed Etrian Odyssey, eh Platty?

• Upvote 1

Hmmm...It sounds like DQ XI and DQ X are not actually confirmed for NX, but only under consideration.

Update: Square Enix has provided IGN with a statement saying Dragon Quest X and XI are only under consideration for Nintendo NX, and the news has not been confirmed.
"It is under consideration, but we don’t have further information to share at the moment,†it reads.

Edited by NidoTower

In Japan, anyway.

At least we're guaranteed Etrian Odyssey, eh Platty?
It's getting me through the dark ages with all its spinoffs and remakes!

I think I may give Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon another shot. Decided pretty much to keep all the games I haven't beaten and do them all after Persona Q and Dragon Fantasy.

I called it, multiplatform. I'm glad for once my prediction was correct. But.... is it coming to the west?

Some insider at NeoGAF (with a proven track record and verified credentials) said that every PlayStation-bound DQ is being planned for Western release. So I would bet DQ Heroes 1 and 2, DQ Builders, DQ 10 PS4, and DQ 11 PS4 are all happening. If SE was intent on keeping the series in Japan they just would have stuck with the 3DS and be done with it. The PS4 getting so many DQ games (at least five) has everything to do with the fact that the PS4 is the most popular system in every market outside Japan.

Basically 3DS insures Japanese success and PS4 insures Western success.

[Edit] Check this thread out:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1085666&page=100000

Post #1714. Verendus called the next DQ being multi-platform two years ago. He's also the guy who said last year that the FF 7 Remake for PS4 was already into production (he said this at least six months prior to the official announcement). He was the guy that also said every PS4 DQ game is being released outside Japan.

Edited by Bob_the_Almighty

Hm, wonder if they can reach 60 FPS on the Nintendo NX console, since is the unreal 4 engine however, might be hard, doubt they can on the PS4 so gonna be capped 30 fps most likely. 

Edit: Every PS4 DQ game eh, so he predicted DQX will come west now cuz its on PS4? :P

Edited by Alexandrious

Love the 3DS looks! I can even choose to look at only the DS style or the SNES style window. :)

I always thought doing DQ VIII in old school style would be cool, but I never imagined they would actually go for it in a new game. :)

If they add a PS3 release, I might import that. I will buy the US PS4 versions, but will not be able to play them until much later, when I buy the console. A PS3 import would allow me to play sooner. :D

If only it was coming out Christmas!

If only it was coming out tomorrow!

Fixed.

I'd lose my job.

Fixed.

I'd lose my job.

I'd die of happiness.  

Hope our future is as bright.

• Upvote 1

Fixed.

I'd lose my job.

I'd die of happiness.
I'd lose my job and die of happiness