Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

Dragon Quest Event 7/28

DQXI going to NX as well.

Is this the first game ever announced for the NX?

Is this the first game ever announced for the NX?

Looks like it.

Wow.

I wonder what version it will be on it...

Future news might change my plans but I think I will play the 3DS version and consider after the NX version information comes out what I will do about a HD version. 3DS version seems like such a fan service version.

• Upvote 1

The 3DS version will no doubt come out sooner then the PS4 version as it's clearly deeper in development. As for the NX version, who would want that version? The NX doesn't even have any games for it! And it hasn't even sold a single unit!

Edited by eal

Future news might change my plans but I think I will play the 3DS version and consider after the NX version information comes out what I will do about a HD version. 3DS version seems like such a fan service version.

It is pure fanservice.

And apparently Sugiyama was asked to work within the mood of DQI.

They're gonna Ni no Kuni it.

The 3DS version will no doubt come out sooner then the PS4 version as it's clearly deeper in development. As for the NX version, who would want that version? The NX doesn't even have any games for it! And it hasn't even sold a single unit!

It can really be a system seller.

Even if we litterally don't know anything about it, except that it exist (or will exist).

3DS version will have 2D sprite battles + random battles when playing with the D-Pad and 3D battles when playing with the circle-pad.

Ambitious title, ps4 and 3ds please ;;

The 3DS version will no doubt come out sooner then the PS4 version as it's clearly deeper in development. As for the NX version, who would want that version? The NX doesn't even have any games for it! And it hasn't even sold a single unit!

Didn't they say both were releasing by the 30th anniversary?

I don't believe they gave a precise date, merely that it would be coming in 2016, the year of the 30th anniversary. It might be a Smash Bros. situation, where the handheld version comes out a quarter earlier then the console version.

Usually when they announce a new main series Dragon Quest game, it comes out about a year later right? At least recently.

Edited by Mr. RPG

So DQX coming to PS4 (and NX) also.

Would be nice if we saw it, but yeah.

Dang! PS4, 3DS, and NX!

Very awesome! Almost everyone gets a chance to play the game (sorry Microsoft fans)

• Upvote 1

(sorry Microsoft fans)

Isn't this redundant?  Microsoft fans are sorry fans, right?  :laugh:

• Upvote 2

(sorry Microsoft fans)

Isn't this redundant?  Microsoft fans are sorry fans, right?  :laugh:

Sick burn! LOL.

I'm reading that the NX version is "under consideration." Perhaps SE is giving themselves an exit in case the NX flops like the Wii U? Or maybe because Nintendo hasn't shown off the NX yet?

Looking good. Glad I won't have to shell out $400 and can get the 3DS version provided we actually get an English release. Still not very hyped for this game at all, but at least we're being shown details about it and the other DQ games in development.

• Upvote 1

DQ 10 is also coming to PS4 and NX, so maybe there's hope for a Western release after all.

That's five upcoming DQ games for PS4 (DQ Heroes 1 and 2, Builders, DQ 10, and 11), three or four 3DS games (DQ 7, 8, 11, and Joker 3), potentially two NX games (DQ 10 and 11), and a couple of mobile games that might make it outside Japan.

That's a lot of DQ. The series' future is looking bright.