The 3DS version will no doubt come out sooner then the PS4 version as it's clearly deeper in development. As for the NX version, who would want that version? The NX doesn't even have any games for it! And it hasn't even sold a single unit!

Edited by eal
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a lot of cash for a handful of games, which is why I'm hesitant.  Let's say I spend the money and buy the PS4 along with Heroes, Builders and XI.  That's a total of about $700 Canadian, which i

Isn't this redundant?  Microsoft fans are sorry fans, right? 

It's the big DQM Super Light release in Southeast Asia Day party!

Future news might change my plans but I think I will play the 3DS version and consider after the NX version information comes out what I will do about a HD version. 3DS version seems like such a fan service version.

It is pure fanservice.

And apparently Sugiyama was asked to work within the mood of DQI.

The 3DS version will no doubt come out sooner then the PS4 version as it's clearly deeper in development. As for the NX version, who would want that version? The NX doesn't even have any games for it! And it hasn't even sold a single unit!

It can really be a system seller.

Even if we litterally don't know anything about it, except that it exist (or will exist).

3DS version will have 2D sprite battles + random battles when playing with the D-Pad and 3D battles when playing with the circle-pad.

Ambitious title, ps4 and 3ds please ;;

The 3DS version will no doubt come out sooner then the PS4 version as it's clearly deeper in development. As for the NX version, who would want that version? The NX doesn't even have any games for it! And it hasn't even sold a single unit!

Didn't they say both were releasing by the 30th anniversary?

I don't believe they gave a precise date, merely that it would be coming in 2016, the year of the 30th anniversary. It might be a Smash Bros. situation, where the handheld version comes out a quarter earlier then the console version.

So DQX coming to PS4 (and NX) also.

Would be nice if we saw it, but yeah.

(sorry Microsoft fans)

Isn't this redundant?  Microsoft fans are sorry fans, right?  :laugh:

Sick burn! LOL.

I'm reading that the NX version is "under consideration." Perhaps SE is giving themselves an exit in case the NX flops like the Wii U? Or maybe because Nintendo hasn't shown off the NX yet?

Looking good. Glad I won't have to shell out $400 and can get the 3DS version provided we actually get an English release. Still not very hyped for this game at all, but at least we're being shown details about it and the other DQ games in development.

• Upvote 1

DQ 10 is also coming to PS4 and NX, so maybe there's hope for a Western release after all.

That's five upcoming DQ games for PS4 (DQ Heroes 1 and 2, Builders, DQ 10, and 11), three or four 3DS games (DQ 7, 8, 11, and Joker 3), potentially two NX games (DQ 10 and 11), and a couple of mobile games that might make it outside Japan.

That's a lot of DQ. The series' future is looking bright.

DQ 10 is also coming to PS4 and NX, so maybe there's hope for a Western release after all.

That's five upcoming DQ games for PS4 (DQ Heroes 1 and 2, Builders, DQ 10, and 11), three or four 3DS games (DQ 7, 8, 11, and Joker 3), potentially two NX games (DQ 10 and 11), and a couple of mobile games that might make it outside Japan.

In Japan, anyway.

• Upvote 1

In Japan, anyway.
Land of the rising sun. Sure is bright.

Over in the land of shark week and serial killers, not so much yet.

In Japan, anyway.

At least we're guaranteed Etrian Odyssey, eh Platty?

• Upvote 1

Hmmm...It sounds like DQ XI and DQ X are not actually confirmed for NX, but only under consideration.

Update: Square Enix has provided IGN with a statement saying Dragon Quest X and XI are only under consideration for Nintendo NX, and the news has not been confirmed.
"It is under consideration, but we don’t have further information to share at the moment,†it reads.

Edited by NidoTower

In Japan, anyway.

At least we're guaranteed Etrian Odyssey, eh Platty?
It's getting me through the dark ages with all its spinoffs and remakes!

I think I may give Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon another shot. Decided pretty much to keep all the games I haven't beaten and do them all after Persona Q and Dragon Fantasy.

I called it, multiplatform. I'm glad for once my prediction was correct. But.... is it coming to the west?

Some insider at NeoGAF (with a proven track record and verified credentials) said that every PlayStation-bound DQ is being planned for Western release. So I would bet DQ Heroes 1 and 2, DQ Builders, DQ 10 PS4, and DQ 11 PS4 are all happening. If SE was intent on keeping the series in Japan they just would have stuck with the 3DS and be done with it. The PS4 getting so many DQ games (at least five) has everything to do with the fact that the PS4 is the most popular system in every market outside Japan.

Basically 3DS insures Japanese success and PS4 insures Western success.

[Edit] Check this thread out:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1085666&page=100000

Post #1714. Verendus called the next DQ being multi-platform two years ago. He's also the guy who said last year that the FF 7 Remake for PS4 was already into production (he said this at least six months prior to the official announcement). He was the guy that also said every PS4 DQ game is being released outside Japan.

Edited by Bob_the_Almighty