Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

Dragon Quest Event 7/28

Yes! Bring it on. My gut is saying "PS3+PS4." Let's see if I'm right or wrong.

I hope you're right.

My best bet is also for DQXI on PS3 + PS4 because it's supposed to be for home consoles.  Won't be on Wii U since that console is on life-support and will likely be phased out after 2016.

I want it on Wii U, myself.

I play DQX on the Wii U, and I find that the Gamepad is sooo convenient for me, that I'll feel like I'm missing something without it...lol.

That new hero looks like the main character in DQ X

If DQ XI is on PS4 I will be a very happy camper.  This could be the best year ever for DQ.

That picture is from dqx

That picture is from dqx

I thought so, you know, another spin-off series that I enjoyed was Dragon Quest Swords.  I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to that one maybe traditional turn base style.

• Upvote 1

It would be fun to watch the livestream as it happens so we can all react to it like we did for the livestream of Dragon Quest X.

I thought so, you know, another spin-off series that I enjoyed was Dragon Quest Swords. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to that one maybe traditional turn base style.

Wouldn't that 100% defeat the point of being a spin off? And being called "Swords"?

This is where we will probably see DQ XI announced. Thought all the stuff that's going on I don't really know what to think or feel but I really do hope that they announce a Western Release for DQ VII and VIII 3DS either during this event or as one the announcements or reveals Square teased that the have in store for Gamescom in Germany this August.

Since this is a Japanese event, I doubt that we will get localization announcement.

I'm not sure what I want from dqxi. I guess I want it for PS 4 since I just bought one. But in terms of sale in pretty open. I loved Ix and think x ha a ton of potential. I think I'll take whatever they give

If it turned out to be a 3DS game, the meltdowns would be pretty crazy.

Better than Wii U. I own a 3DS. And I'm capable of defeating the region lock should I need to.

I think it being exclusive to Wii U (unlikely as that is) would bring even crazier meltdowns - at least DQXI being on a Japan-dominating handheld would make some sense even if it contradicted earlier statements.

Would it really? Isn't the Wii U the highest selling home console in Japan right now? (ps4 is catching up though).

If anything there'd be a meltdown here but not in Japan.

Especially since it's been confirmed over and over and over again by Horii and others that it will be on a home console and TV.

You know, but it's not the first nor last time Squeenix acted like complete freaking morons to their fans.

That said, it'll be PS4.

Everyone's hypothesizing the PS4 and disregarding the Wii U. The M. Night Shyamalan twist: it's on the XBone.

The Wii U isn't impossible. IIRC Wii U is the highest selling console in Japan right now (As in units sold).

It'd just be a bit strange since so many Dragon Quest games are being released on the Ps4. 

The PS4 has so many more capabilities than the Wii U, yes, no?

Event times!

It'll be from 5 to 6:30 p.m. JST (1 a.m. PT / 4 a.m. ET) and live streamed on Niconico and YouTube.

Live stream links will be posted today at noon (JST).

Edited by NidoTower

Oh cool. Literally just as my work shift is starting.....

Everyone's hypothesizing the PS4 and disregarding the Wii U. The M. Night Shyamalan twist: it's on the XBone.

Just suggesting that is a bannable offense!

Wait, my brother-in-law (who lives with us) has Xbone. Hmmm... could prove convenient.

Would it really? Isn't the Wii U the highest selling home console in Japan right now? (ps4 is catching up though).

If anything there'd be a meltdown here but not in Japan.

At the moment, though by the time DQ11 is actually released the PS4 will most likely have passed the Wii U(or at least caught up)

The Wii U just doesn't really have a future so it'd be a weird choice. Especially since they've already announced its replacement.

Edited by The n00b Avenger

sorry I had to edit a few times, quoting always messes up posting for me with how certain message boards work - so I'm not very good at it! 

Anyway, Dragon Quest XI Cometh!