Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

Dragon Quest Event 7/28

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1083695

Revealed in the latest issue of Jump magazine alongside this week's DQ scoops (Hoshi no DQ and DQ Heroes II), Square Enix will be holding an event next week on 7/28 with a focus on the series. Jump is promising information on "that big title" in their 8/3 issue as well which seems to point to a Dragon Quest 11 announcement.

The scans says the event will be livestreamed so we'll likely hear official details soon.

That should be a fun early present. What time?

if we are lucky more people may get intressted in dq and i can't wait either

It's the big DQM Super Light release in Southeast Asia Day party!

• Upvote 1

Come on DQ 11!  A 2015 announcement with a 2016 release would be so awesome.  2016 is the 30th anniversary so it's a perfect year for the next main installment.

I hope we do see XI. I've been excited to see what it'll be like for a while. :)

It's probably DQ11. The question is, for what?

What about the Xbox one guyzzzzzz

LOL, nice one.

MS' Xbone will be shafted.

Hopefully it is DQ XI, for the PS4 preferably.  I would love to see a couple pictures too if they would be willing.  I hope DQ XI has a world twice as expansive as DQ VIII's was with three times as many playable characters.

Dat's muh birthday, too.  Somehow, I don't think Square Enix has anything special planned for me, this year.  But seriously, it probably is DQ11, which is pretty exciting.

Heh, we will see.  We will see, Griever.

Never know what surprises life has in store, also an early, and most belated, happy birthday!

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

What about the Xbox one guyzzzzzz

Funny guy. Funny, funny guy.

If it is DQ XI, then it's most likely going to be on the PS4.  I can't see them putting on another system with Heroes and Builders already on it.  That said, that might be enough to get me to buy a PS4.  At the risk of sounding cheap, I have a hard time justifying paying $400 for a system then another $60 per game, even if it is DQ.  I'd rather spend the money on a new video card for my computer, since that's where I do most of my gaming these days.  At any rate, I might just buy the games anyway and borrow a PS4 from someone or something.

I hope DQ XI is for the PS4, I'm going to buy one anyways just because of the remake of FF VII

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGFGGGGHHHHHHG

My friend was telling me about this square Enix press conference on the phone last night. I thought he meant it was for American audiences. D:

If it is DQ XI, then it's most likely going to be on the PS4.  I can't see them putting on another system with Heroes and Builders already on it.  That said, that might be enough to get me to buy a PS4.  At the risk of sounding cheap, I have a hard time justifying paying $400 for a system then another $60 per game, even if it is DQ.  I'd rather spend the money on a new video card for my computer, since that's where I do most of my gaming these days.  At any rate, I might just buy the games anyway and borrow a PS4 from someone or something.

I bought a PS4 two weeks ago.  I am the same way... though to be honest, a DQ game is instant justification for me (especially an easy sell for PS4, since it's region free sort of).

However, I did make a list of games that I'd want for PS4 since I was still feeling guilty.    Here is the list I came up with.

1 - Dragon Quest Heroes

2 - Dragon Quest Builders (I am initially unimpressed but I"m such a huge fanboy I'll still buy it)

3 - Final Fantasy Type 0

4 - Final Fantasy XV

5 - Fallout 4

6 - Nobunaga's Ambition

7 - No Man's Sky

8- Sword Coast Legends

9 - Dragon Ball Xenoverse

10 - Metal Gear Solid 5.

So there we go.  600 dollars in games to justify a 400 dollar console.  That seems reasonable to me.   

Dragon Quest has been going nuts with these announcements lately!  We got DQ Builders, DQH2 (which it still feels like DQ Heroes was just announced for me, let alone the game's been out for a little while now in Japan), DQ VIII, some random iOS DQ game that uses DQ VII's engine, so it actually looks good, DQM Joker 3, and now this new game... basically, if it's not DQXI, then it'll probably be another neat spin off, and either way, DQXI's announcement is around the corner (within a year or two) just because of how much they've already been mentioning it.  I don't have particular high hopes for it though.. not that this series has ever let me down, but I don't want to expect grand things these days.

Also the remake of FF VII coming in the next couple years.

Dragon Quest has been going nuts with these announcements lately!  We got DQ Builders, DQH2 (which it still feels like DQ Heroes was just announced for me, let alone the game's been out for a little while now in Japan), DQ VIII, some random iOS DQ game that uses DQ VII's engine, so it actually looks good, DQM Joker 3, and now this new game... basically, if it's not DQXI, then it'll probably be another neat spin off, and either way, DQXI's announcement is around the corner (within a year or two) just because of how much they've already been mentioning it.  I don't have particular high hopes for it though.. not that this series has ever let me down, but I don't want to expect grand things these days.

The 30th anniversary sure will be great in Japan.

I bought a PS4 two weeks ago.  I am the same way... though to be honest, a DQ game is instant justification for me (especially an easy sell for PS4, since it's region free sort of).

However, I did make a list of games that I'd want for PS4 since I was still feeling guilty.    Here is the list I came up with.

1 - Dragon Quest Heroes

2 - Dragon Quest Builders (I am initially unimpressed but I"m such a huge fanboy I'll still buy it)

3 - Final Fantasy Type 0

4 - Final Fantasy XV

5 - Fallout 4

6 - Nobunaga's Ambition

7 - No Man's Sky

8- Sword Coast Legends

9 - Dragon Ball Xenoverse

10 - Metal Gear Solid 5.

So there we go.  600 dollars in games to justify a 400 dollar console.  That seems reasonable to me.   

That's a lot of cash for a handful of games, which is why I'm hesitant.  Let's say I spend the money and buy the PS4 along with Heroes, Builders and XI.  That's a total of about $700 Canadian, which is a $#!& ton of money to play three games.  I could throw in some other games, but before I know it, I'm at the $1000 mark.  Alternatively, I could spend $400 on a GTX 960 and not have to buy a single game to enjoy it while setting myself up for the future.  My 560Ti is starting to show it's age and it having trouble keeping up with newer games.  Also, I find console games way too expensive.  The last time I paid more than $20 for a game was Diablo III and I regret it.  In fact, the last "AAA" game I bought was Diablo III.  During the steam summer sale I got around eight games for $40, the most expensive being $13.  

For DQ though, I don't care how much it costs, I'll buy it, so I'll probably end up buying the games to support DQ and pick up a console in a few years when they're cheaper, or try and borrow one to play them.  I'd love to get the collectors edition of Heroes, but $100 is pretty steep, even with all the extra swag.

• Upvote 2