Sign in to follow this  
Griever

So, region-locked trailers?

It's blocked because SE simply doesn't think English speakers are worthy to see their demake of DQ8 come to life even if they know darn well the unworthy will never get the chance to play it.

I choose to believe this. At this point, it's a personal slight on Squeenix's part. A big $#!& you to their international DQ fans.

No, I think you're just choosing the most cynical explanation possible to make yourself mad.

Region-locked trailers are becoming much more common, and not just from Square-Enix. Look around a bit, and you'll see that a lot of trailers have people in different counties commenting about how they can't view them. I can't claim to understand the reasoning behind doing region-locked trailers other than strategic marketing, but I seriously doubt that the marketing team woke up one day and asked themselves "How sinisterly evil can we be to people outside this country?"

It's controversial to be sure. But people on this forum seem to think that we're dealing with cartoon villians looking to screw us at every turn and frankly it's getting really toxic.

Edited by Mettool

Eh, I'd love someone from the company to explain a bit though.

There's a lot of trailers on their JP channel that are viewable. 

I can only think it's because of the pantyshot.

Um... that use of toxic is proper... It has been used by that quite frequently. Hell, Brittany Spears made a song called Toxic that doesn't have anything to do with 'grading a poisonous substance'... and honestly, Mettool is right. All of this anger and hatred towards SE is toxic towards everyone. SE have said that the more demand they get the more likely it is that they'll release DQ games in the West. All of this 'SE is just saying that to please us fans, they aren't planning on releasing any DQ games here because they hate us' is a little silly... I'm going to believe what they say because they are a gaming company. They want money. So if they see enough demand, they'll release it here. No amount of 'hating Americans' will change that... and looking at how badly DQMJ2 did, it's no wonder why they're sceptical.

Also, I'm not saying that after DQH they will consider releasing it. I'm saying that they're already working on it and that we'll get news after DQH is released. Besides, Nintendo has stated that the NX is not going to replace the 3DS or Wii U. It's an entirely new console. Nintendo isn't going to stop publishing games on the 3DS/Wii U after it's released, whenever it is released. Neither DQVII nor DQVIII have a time frame saying 'this is when it can be localized. If it doesn't meet this deadline, it can't be localized ever.' I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but all this cynicism is just... am I really the only one who actually thinks SE might ever localize another DQ game?

Edited by Hoshino22
  • Upvote 1

Toxic? Hahaha, you'd think I posted a swastika or Confederate flag! Oh man, this is rich. I literally laughed out loud (not just a SALTS) when I read that.

I mean, the blind optimism pisses me off sometimes, but just because people have a different opinion than mine doesn't make me think their speech is "toxic". Then again, look at how politically correct we're becoming. There's no way to peacefully disagree anymore. You agree or you're a bigot, racist, homophobe, ignorant, or "toxic".

Barrel me up and ship me under a mountain in Utah (or Wyoming or wherever)!

Hahahahahahahahaha

• Upvote 1

Man, you go back to work for just an hour and a half...

Man, you go back to work for just an hour and a half...

You can't turn your back for a second. It's getting toxic.

It's blocked because SE simply doesn't think English speakers are worthy to see their demake of DQ8 come to life even if they know darn well the unworthy will never get the chance to play it.

I choose to believe this. At this point, it's a personal slight on Squeenix's part. A big $#!& you to their international DQ fans.
Good thing you guys aren't fans of Doom. You don't know the definition of not letting commoners see a trailer like Bethesda does.

I don't get it? Doom was shown off at E3, though, and was uploaded everywhere during and after it.

Bethesda released a Doom trailer last July at QuakeCon that no one else but the people in the room saw. The E3 trailer we saw a year later is completely different, not even the one only certain people were allowed to see.

Don't mind me. I'm just going to take a sip from my Devil's cup.

Toxic? Hahaha, you'd think I posted a swastika or Confederate flag! Oh man, this is rich. I literally laughed out loud (not just a SALTS) when I read that.

I mean, the blind optimism pisses me off sometimes, but just because people have a different opinion than mine doesn't make me think their speech is "toxic". Then again, look at how politically correct we're becoming. There's no way to peacefully disagree anymore. You agree or you're a bigot, racist, homophobe, ignorant, or "toxic".

Barrel me up and ship me under a mountain in Utah (or Wyoming or wherever)!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Don't you think that's a little rude? I personally don't think everyone burying their nose in a corner crying their eyes out about SE being an abomination that hates Americans is healthy... I mean, it is toxic! In what way is this not upsetting people? And honestly, you aren't peacefully disagreeing, or I don't know about you, but various people on here just tell me (And others that still have hope) that they're wrong and that their opinions are flawed. I just think that this is really unfair to SE and everyone who still believes in them! I'm not trying to be rude, but I am starting to get upset at this... what does it take for you people to have even a little hope? You still haven't given them time! They're preparing us for DQH, no one would buy DQH if they knew that DQVII was coming over! They'd be preparing for DQVII and, more than likely, completely ignore DQH! Someone asked for a way that them not confirming releases for DQVII and DQVIII was beneficial to them? That's how! DQVII and DQVIII are main series games, not ad many people would buy DQH if they knew those two games were coming over.

Hm... that did sound a bit rude... I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I really just want some of you to open your eyes. If you're that upset at SE for not confirming DQVII and DQVIII yet than think of something else, like DQH. It's no main series title, but at least it's Dragon Quest, right?

I will not call you evil nor will I insult your morality, now I really just want you to have hope for something... cause more thqn anything, you're hurting yourselves... and I do consider a lot of you my friends.

Edited by Hoshino22
  • Upvote 1

I think it's rude to keep telling people to have hope. Why are my comments any ruder than yours? There are no right or wrong opinions, just people that are wrong to think theirs matter more.

No 3DS games ever = no hope. When they do, fine, then I'll have hope for more.

I've never said I don't think anything will ever come again. We'll get DQXI and such. I just believe someone powerful sat down in a meeting at some point and said, "DQ______ for 3DS isn't getting translated or released outside Japan." Then it was repeated time and time again. Maybe it hateful, maybe it wasn't. No one will ever say one way or the other, so I take it as a slight to me and my country and fans of the series outside of Japan.

Hell, I'm a school teacher with a wife that stays at home with our son. We have zero disposable income, yet I'm saving and will give some things up and will buy DQH and a PS4.

Edited by Plattym3

Look, if you guys keep bantering this around and around, building up the anger, and looking for more and more negative elements to boost your anger, you'll just end up screaming into a corner, then continue screaming, and do nothing.

Wouldn't you agree that you can't control that you will have an emotional response to this, but that you can control how you go about expressing it?  Wouldn't you agree that if you take that emotional response and use it in a more productive way, that it will dissipate the effect it has over you, and you've done something that might...I don't know, get more responses from SE?  It seems like SE is loving the amount of attention DQ is having in the mainstream, and if you think it's coming, then great, if you think it's not, then all the more reason to build up demand, let them know how you feel?  Just saying, since doing nothing and just complaining here helps noone, but if you actually keep producing $#!&, then you relieve your stress and frustration, while at least having a CHANCE of seeing a release.

Doing nothing will always amount in nothing being done.  Doing something doesn't always assure something gets done that you want to get done, but you can't expect anything if you sit on your asses and just complain all day.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 4

Honestly, I wasn't saying that my comments were any less rude than yours. I actually outright said that what I said was pretty freaking rude! I just hate seeing people just yelling at a wall and expecting it to move... instead, yell at the people who made the wall, convince them to move it. Otherwise, nothing's going to get done about it. The wall isn't going to move itself, it's a freaking wall. :P

But Iggy is right... Anger isn't really bad, just use it in the right way. I've always been taught to be positive about everything, and that leads me to be rather controlling of others' emotions at times... for that, I apologize. I personally think that we should voice are opinions more openly though. SE won't hear us here... we need to tell them that they need to realize just how much demand DQ really has someplace they'll see! And if they ignore us... well, then I'll join you on the American Hating Square Enix Express, because them building up our hopes just to tear them down? Yeah, poor marketing doesn't even begin to describe that. 

But what you do with that anger is up to you! Just know that the main source of your frustration doesn't even know that you're frustrated...

• Upvote 1

If SE is enjoying the attention, they could respond to our emails in a more direct manner.

• Upvote 1

But what you do with that anger is up to you! Just know that the main source of your frustration doesn't even know that you're frustrated...

Yes they do. They shut down the DQVII translation project. They know we want it. There is actually zero evidence that they are ignorant of us. They've been saying since last summer, "gee, we'd really like to get those games over there, but..." Have you seen the comments section of any of the Dragon Quest facebook posts? All it is is calls for 3DS games. They know.

They know & choose not to respond. For what reason? Idk. I have 0 marketing and business sense, so if it's related to that, I have no clue.

I brought my students to a Civil War reenactment this year. There we spent 30 minutes listening to a black man who's grandfather served freely in the Confederate army talk passionately about his southern pride and how and why he flies the Confederate flag. I'll tell you what. It made 100% sense. People can believe and explain anything rationally, so I'm sure Squeenix has a reason. I just don't like their reason, whatever it is. I've sent in the emails and post cards and commented on their Facebook. They know; they just don't care. Nor would I expect any big corporation to care about 1 person. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a target consumer at all (maybe for DQ, but not in general).

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I guess that does make sense... I'm just hesitant to decide that the 3DS DQ games are never getting localized. I'm not 100% sure either way, hell I'm completely lost on what exactly's gonna happen! I'm hopeful is all. If they see the demand, then they should release it... I mean the demand is there and it's freaking huge.

I'm with Platty on the no-to-3DS part.

They would have been done, but unfortunately, every DQM release conincided with a Pokemon release. It'll be a miracle if we see Joker 3. 

WE GOT THE MOBILE PORTS THO~

mobile mobile mobile

• Upvote 1

They would have been done, but unfortunately, every DQM release conincided with a Pokemon release. It'll be a miracle if we see Joker 3.

mobile mobile mobile

Pokemon releases every year. They couldn't slip in 6 months before/after? Idk if I buy that.

I will say, I've put like 300 hours into the mobile. I'm happy they did that for us. Would've preferred other games, but it's been a nostalgic year playing and beating them all.

If they see the demand, then they should release it... I mean the demand is there and it's freaking huge.

It seems so. I mean, not from a general public point of view, but here at the Den it is! Haha, oh yeah and other places too. Oh, Squeenix, why won't you go on a date with us? I mean, you sext us so teasingly on our mobile devices!

Yes they do. They shut down the DQVII translation project. They know we want it. T

They shut that project down because the translators were largely copy-and-pasting the existing PS1 translation for legacy content. That is why the translation was making progress so quickly.

If they had done the entire thing with a new translation, SE likely would not have touched it. But using an existing translation violates copyright.

Edited by Mettool

Yes they do. They shut down the DQVII translation project. They know we want it. T

They shut that project down because the translators were largely copy-and-pasting the existing PS1 translation for legacy content. That is why the translation was making progress so quickly.

If they had done the entire thing with a new translation, SE likely would not have touched it. But using an existing translation violates copyright.

So, they know we want it.

mobile mobile mobile

Pokemon releases every year. They couldn't slip in 6 months before/after? Idk if I buy that.

I will say, I've put like 300 hours into the mobile. I'm happy they did that for us. Would've preferred other games, but it's been a nostalgic year playing and beating them all.

If they see the demand, then they should release it... I mean the demand is there and it's freaking huge.

It seems so. I mean, not from a general public point of view, but here at the Den it is! Haha, oh yeah and other places too. Oh, Squeenix, why won't you go on a date with us? I mean, you sext us so teasingly on our mobile devices!

True... but there are those who go on and on about it on other sites... SE needs to find this site! That way if they say there wasn't enough we can be like 'Yeah, that's totally what happened wasn't it?' with our sarcasm and smug grins :P

Oh but yes, I'm glad they glad us something... it was definitely a fun time for us DQ fans!

• Upvote 1

Platty, stop! I'm supposed to be the one getting into pointless screaming matches for several pages!

• Upvote 1

For whatever reason, SE has decided not to support the 3ds in NA/EU; it's not just DQ.  They've only published 2 or 3 games in fours years.  That's pretty pathetic for the AAA company that they seem to think they are.  They say to show our support and I've done that by purchasing all of the mobile titles even though I already owned them.  I'm not going to buy a PS4 and a Dynasty Warriors game because they say that will gauge interest, somehow.  Yes, I do feel like they are jerking us around because they know everyone who wanted DQ games bought a 3ds, already.

Platty, stop! I'm supposed to be the one getting into pointless screaming matches for several pages!

I shall defer to the master debater!

Looks like SE is taking cues from Sega's handling of pso2 western release. Keep hope alive but in reality F* you west.

• Upvote 1